Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Any way to equip armor as bronze colossus?  (Read 6904 times)

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any way to equip armor as bronze colossus?
« on: September 06, 2009, 10:52:59 am »

So, after getting all my regular adventurers slaughtered by wolves and giants, I finally listened to the little devil on my shoulder and made a Bronze Colossus adventures. It was fun going around towns and killing everything, but then I noticed that I'm still taking some damage from archers and crossbowmen. Nothing serious, but I already lost both of eyes (Thank Armok I don't need 'em) and I'm afraid that some lucky elite crossbowman is gonna knock off my head or limb someday. But, the only think I can use to defend myself is an iron shield, because all human armor shows up as "small" and I can't wear it. Can the BC wear anything at all?

P.S.  Bronze Colossi should be able to pick up ballistae and use them as crossbows. Puny human weapons do not satisfy me.

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to equip armor as bronze colossus?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 12:01:19 pm »

P.S.  Bronze Colossi should be able to pick up ballistae and use them as crossbows. Puny human weapons do not satisfy me.

hahahaha, I can imagine a bronze colossus using a balista as a crosbow
would be nice!

IronBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:49:17 pm »

You'd have to run a Bronze Colossus fort and make armor that way. Any given race will only make armor that fits them. Alternatively, you could mod BCs so that they form civilizations and wear armor and clothing (nevermind the havoc that would wreak in worldgen, but still).

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:03:19 pm »

Awww...
Oh well, I guess I'm pretty tough as it is. Just gotta train up my shield user a bit and maybe raid a mountainhome for a nice steel shield and I'll be indestructible!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 02:13:29 pm »

Awww...
Oh well, I guess I'm pretty tough as it is. Just gotta train up my shield user a bit and maybe raid a mountainhome for a nice steel shield and I'll be indestructible!
That or play as an adamantium colossus

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 02:42:24 pm »

Clearly a dragon civ would be needed to counter them.  A dragon civ would suck, but it would be funny watching them all set fire to each other.

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 04:46:53 pm »

Ohhh, adamantium colossus sounds awesome. Is there any way to mod in weapons? I could give him some sort of a crossbow that does heat damage and pretend that he's a robot with a laser that was sent from the future to destroy the elves and prevent them from taking over the world and turning it into a tree-filled wasteland! :o

KaziArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 05:31:08 pm »

You'd have to run a Bronze Colossus fort and make armor that way. Any given race will only make armor that fits them. Alternatively, you could mod BCs so that they form civilizations and wear armor and clothing (nevermind the havoc that would wreak in worldgen, but still).
Congradulations, you just gave me an idea for my next fort...

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 08:05:25 pm »

IT IS GOOD DAY TO BE LEGION OF GIANT MEN

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 01:42:04 am »

Of course, you know, you're a Bronze Colossus.

YOU ARE MADE OF ARMOR. THEY FEAAAAAR YOUR ARMORNESS.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 10:14:12 pm »

Yeah, seriously, why would a bronze colossus wear armor...  Weapons, of course, are a separate matter.

Damn, I want to play as a colossus in the next version.  Particularly one without a head, just for the giggles.  Maybe I'll kill by throwing my head.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 02:42:50 am »

Of course, you know, you're a Bronze Colossus.

YOU ARE MADE OF ARMOR. THEY FEAAAAAR YOUR ARMORNESS.
Until you break a limb. Especially if the limb was a leg.

...Incidentally, it's a bad idea to remove that tag. Especially if you're improving the colossus in other ways at the same time. :-X
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 03:07:37 am »

There is nothing more badass than beating something to death with your own leg, though the badassitude is somewhat lessened when you're pretty much invincible.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 09:25:35 am »

hahahaha, I can imagine a bronze colossus using a balista as a crosbow
would be nice!
Oh, but you can.  Just mod in a crossbow that requires you to be Colussus-sized and uses ammo that does massive damage.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 11:03:23 am »

Retiring in some town should get you some clothing stuff and, as mentioned before, a big thing made of armour wearing... armour doesnt make much sense ;)

Best to do I think is: Mod in some weapons ammo and shields, then set them as corpse item for some common critter, with item whichever item material and quality you desire.

Kill critters, loot giant weapons, remove corpse item tag, kill the world!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!
Pages: [1] 2 3