Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 75974 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2017, 04:42:49 pm »

Pack up the tent and put the Tarantula back in its harness.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2017, 10:23:12 pm »

Pack up the tent and put the Tarantula back in its harness.

Marcus eyes Beethro's melody. It seems familiar.

"..."

"..."

"Hmmmm hmmm hmm hmm. Mmmm mm Mm Hmm Hmm Hmm mm..."

"...I set my sail, fly, the wind it will take me. Back to my home, sweet home..."

The path is open, the skies are done. Pack up camp, it's time to go.
Stay away from that melody, and watch the armor dude pack up.  Continue my SOP of hiding, watching, and following from a safe distance.  It's worked for me so far.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
"I've had enough of this.  Time to finish it."

Pull out the guitar

"You, scared guy.  I don't know what your deal is, but it's time to get through it."

"We're going into this wasteland.  There will be no food, no water, no nothing.  There might be more lightning.  There might be all kinds of crazy stuff going down."

"We can't have someone following us, stealing our food, maybe stabbing us in the back or something."

"So, we're going to have it out.  I'm going to sit down and play this guitar for a bit.  If you come over, maybe we can come to an understanding."

"If you keep running away like a wild animal, I'm going to assume something's snapped, and defend myself should you show up again."

Sit down and start playing

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
[mind 4: You know how to play the guitar quite well]
You sit down next to the cart and spend a few minutes restringing and tuning your guitar as the rest of the group goes about its business. You pick at them one by one, singing familiar notes and playing with the adjusting knobs until everything lines up. You then begin to play. And as you play, you watch and wait for the skittish man to come back. But he doesn't. You're pretty sure he's still somewhere close by, probably watching from a hill, but you can't actually see him. You play straight on until the camp is packed up and the cart is ready to go, but he refuses to show himself. Marcus pats you on the shoulder.

"Come on. Marcus has seen tiny man; he will not come out. Marcus believes that the guild sent us a dud with him. Perhaps it is best to let him succumb to whatever fate may have in store for him. It will get us a new member, at the very least."

"That's right." You say, tapping your foot. "The guild should know that Gordon died. They'll be sending a replacement. We should probably leave them some sign of where to find us; they'll only be able to track us to the point that Gordon died."

"Well, the stuff is packed." Bill says, patting his spider, "We can either wait here for him or just head out and leave a trail. Might be a good idea to do that regardless, rather than just driving blindly into the wastes with no escape plan."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 17, 2017, 12:07:14 am »

"Yeah, we'd better leave them a mark."

Light a torch and let it burn a bit.  Then extinguish it.  Use the resulting sooty end of the torch to mark a few trees, including the date.  In addition, use a metal pole and the rock hammer to make a crude arrow pointing our direction of travel in cracks in the marble.

"Given that the wastes are so big, I think we should try to penetrate in a few days.  Whoever doing this is probably not too far in, given the whole releasing children thing and all, but I don't really know."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 17, 2017, 11:23:22 am »

"Do we have enough food to just sit here for that long, though?"

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 18, 2017, 12:20:07 am »

"Sorry, I mean spend a few days travelling into the wastes, not wait for a few days."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 18, 2017, 02:35:32 am »

"Ha. Well, looks like we've done all we can. Mark the path, Marcus needs action!"

"Yeah. It's depressing here, let's go already."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #471 on: February 18, 2017, 02:40:42 am »

Ride the Snakescorpion and go with the others. Maybe see about leaving a trail of metal acorns if the slopes won't cause them to roll away, but don't use all the acorns.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #472 on: February 18, 2017, 10:18:10 am »

Generic follow action sy?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 18, 2017, 11:44:05 am »

Yeah.  Sorry, assumed that was obvious.

Edit: Sheet because I suppose you might need it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #474 on: February 18, 2017, 11:52:37 pm »

((Post tomorrow, too tired. Midnight, You're coming in tomorrow too so get ready))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #475 on: February 19, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »

The first day into the wastes was quiet, almost frighteningly so. The sky rolled and flowed like colored water in endless pastel shades, far faster than normal clouds. The dunes make travel slow and difficult, a constant struggle either to get up hill or avoid slipping down. Eventually, the group begins walking in the valleys between the dunes and only crossing over when they need to in order to keep a straight path.  With scratches and soot they leave a trail behind them, a few hundred feet between each smudge or carved indent. During that first day, they see absolutely nothing; no sign of life or even that anyone has ever been here. The world is as pure white, smooth and untainted as a baby's tooth.  They make camp in the evening and sleep undisturbed till the next morning.

The morning is blindingly bright and clear compared to the last few days; the sky a perfect blue with no sign of clouds or rain. They get the camp packed up and are about to move on when they see someone in the distance, coming from the same direction they used to get here, seemingly following the marks they left.

"That's probably Gordon's replacement," Beethro says, leaning on the wagon with his hand resting on the hilt of his sword, just in case.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 19, 2017, 07:45:04 pm »

Okay, okay, I'm trapped between two impossible options, and I already learned I can't hide here--the lightning found me last time I tried--so I need to set up an ambush.  And since I can't hide, an ambush is basically just charging forward to greet danger with screams and a tire iron to the face, before it snipes me.

Edit: In case it's unclear, danger is the guy who's following us.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 19, 2017, 07:48:52 pm »

"Well, let's grab his attention then! HELLO! I AM MARCUS, ARE YOU HERE TO JOIN US?"

"I don't think there'd be any other reason."

"Is always good to ask!"

"What, has anyone ever answered differently?"

"One time it was a very polite highway man."

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:20:53 pm by Dermonster »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 19, 2017, 07:54:36 pm »

Take a look at the oncoming person.  If it's someone new, hold fire.  If it's sigh, grab the rifle and give him a final warning before shooting.

(so that'll be six meals for that day, then?)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 19, 2017, 08:18:36 pm »

Wave back in a jaunty manner as I walk up to the wagon.

WHY YES! I AM HERE TO JOIN YOU!…THAT IS TO SAY I AM HERE TO JOIN IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE THE PART OF THE WIZARD HUNTER GUILD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:38:14 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53