Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 77311 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #450 on: February 12, 2017, 03:30:10 am »

Waitlist meh.

Name: Hollen Glaze
Backstory: Hollen is from a faraway land. Hollen needs more money. Hollen is very good at her job.
HP: 2 3 6
Strength: 15
Dexterity: 16
Mind: 15
Wizard Level: 0
Affinity: Roses
Inventory:
Bolt cutters
Bo Staff (d6)
12 silver

No quirk
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #451 on: February 12, 2017, 11:56:53 am »

Gonna wait for bill because bill's assistance could make a difference in your crazy schemes of murdering something that is walking away from you.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #452 on: February 12, 2017, 01:57:02 pm »

((Ugh, this hangover. If anything, we should follow the nervous system to find the source. But the lightning.))

Stay in the relative safety of the tent.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #453 on: February 12, 2017, 06:49:25 pm »

"WHAT THE LIVING HELL IS THAT!?"

"ALANNA! Less talking, more shooting!"

"AAAAA"

Shoot it shoot it dead nope nope nope.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
Both alanna AND marcus or just one? Because you're the only one attacking here. And attack from in the tent or get out and shoot?

One thing I think you guys might want to keep in mind is this: This is a world of random and violent magic. Not all things are always going to be related. Sometimes strange shit just happens.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 12, 2017, 09:45:26 pm »

"AAAAA"

Both alanna AND marcus or just one? Because you're the only one attacking here. And attack from in the tent or get out and shoot?

One thing I think you guys might want to keep in mind is this: This is a world of random and violent magic. Not all things are always going to be related. Sometimes strange shit just happens.

"On second thought, it is walking away. Maybe save ammo."

"AAAAAAAAAA"

"Oh relax, worse things have happened. Wait, Marcus has faced worse. You are new. Get the panic out, I will be here."

"AAAAAAAA"

"Quite a set of lungs! Maybe you should try singing! Marcus can yodel, was taught by traveling minstrel what smelled funny. See? YO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Wait out the storm.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:47:10 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #455 on: February 13, 2017, 09:46:08 pm »

"Get in the tents!  The lightning doesn't take prisoners!"

Get in the tent

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
"AHHHHHHHHH!"

SCREAM ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE TENT!  HIDE INSIDE AMD STAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM THE LIGHTNING ROD PEOPLE WHILE ALSO STAYING AS FAR FROM THE LIGHTNING ROD STRUCTURE!  ALSO, THROW MY METAL BITS AT THE PEOPLE ONCE I'M INSIDE!

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
((Ugh, this hangover. If anything, we should follow the nervous system to find the source. But the lightning.))

Stay in the relative safety of the tent.

"AAAAA"

"On second thought, it is walking away. Maybe save ammo."

"AAAAAAAAAA"

"Oh relax, worse things have happened. Wait, Marcus has faced worse. You are new. Get the panic out, I will be here."

"AAAAAAAA"

"Quite a set of lungs! Maybe you should try singing! Marcus can yodel, was taught by traveling minstrel what smelled funny. See? YO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Wait out the storm.
The next 6 hours are extremely uncomfortable. The newly born lightning elemental wanders off into the wastes and, once it has walked a few hundred feet, catches hold of a bolt from the storm and rides it up into the clouds, vanishing like a shot into the dark. Alanna calms down fairly quickly and Marcus stops yodeling, but Sy is a ball of nerves the entire time. His stamina for fear is quite impressive actually, bouncing between fearful squeals about being near people, to fearful squeals about being near the central lightning rod, to just occasional nervous yipping about being in a lightning storm. The other people in the tent ignore him as best they can. Alanna, once she's calmed down, tends to Beethro's wounds (+1 hp), wrapping the lichtenburg burns with bandages.

"These are gonna make some pretty neat scars, at least". She says as she secures the bandage.

There's little to do in the tent other than read through the cook book again and again. Marcus wonders idly if Gordon's music box survived the bolt. The sudden and violent finality of Gordon's death casts a heavy silence on the group. Death is common, but rarely so abrupt and inescapable. Every now and again the center pole would be struck by a bolt and it would visibly crawl with purple electricity. When they looked at it carefully, they could see that the sparks crawling down the metal were actually tiny humanoid figures, though they existed only for a fraction of a second. The storm breaks suddenly around noon and the lightning is replaced with a gentle sprinkle of rain and the black clouds grow light gray. There is no lightning, no thunder, only a soft patter of raindrops.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:39:34 pm by piecewise »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 13, 2017, 10:04:40 pm »

"Right, time to see if any of his stuff survived. Should only take a moment."

"Kinda callous."

"Is pragmatic. He would have liked to not die more than have us take his stuff. Cannot do former. Marcus thinks he would not mind. Also, need to build grave. Give me a knife."

"..."

Loot death site. Build grave, or carve name into stone. Move on.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:22:20 am by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 13, 2017, 11:02:39 pm »

((Loot the damn Magnum! d10 damage!))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 14, 2017, 12:06:20 am »

"You, scared guy, what's up with you?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 14, 2017, 12:18:53 pm »

I continue to whimper lowly, curled into a ball, but upon realizing Beethro was talking to me I scramble for my pistol--only to realize it's behind him where I threw it earlier.  I pause, shivering and staring into Beethro's intimidating death gaze for a couple seconds, before launching forward to try and get behind him and obtain my equipment.

Rush past Beethro and try to grab my metal weapons from the pile where I threw them earlier.  Then flee from the tent as fast as possible, running for a minute or two, then hiding immediately afterward.  Just stay motionless on the ground if nothing else, hopping up and hiding in multiple locations is only going to get me found.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #460 on: February 14, 2017, 12:23:36 pm »

Stay in the relative safety of the tent until we see if the rain is dangerous or not.

[/quote]
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #461 on: February 14, 2017, 11:07:14 pm »

"Right, time to see if any of his stuff survived. Should only take a moment."

"Kinda callous."

"Is pragmatic. He would have liked to not die more than have us take his stuff. Cannot do former. Marcus thinks he would not mind. Also, need to build grave. Give me a knife."

"..."

Loot death site. Build grave, or carve name into stone. Move on.

You leave Alanna back in the tent as you walk over to where Gordon used to be. Alanna had seen many terrible things but digging through the gibblets of a former teammate is something you could spare her from, for the moment at least. Gordon's innards flash boiled and the pressure blew him apart, but there are still lots of pretty large chunks of him sitting around. You find his bag, half burnt, with a shoulder and arm still in one of the straps. You pull the bag off the limb and search through it. The copper coins he had on him have melted and fused to the bottom of the bag, and the music box was destroyed by the force of the blast, along with the delicate metal disks it played. Luckily both guns seem to have survived, as well as the crowbar he had with him from the start.  You pack these things into your bag before beginning the rather grim task of gathering up what's left of Gordon.

You manage to gather up the majority of his parts, leaving the tiny pieces of gore behind, and toss them into a pile. Unfortunately there's nothing to bury him under; the ground both here and in the iron woods is impenetrable, at least by you personally. So you do the best thing you can think off. You empty the supplies out of one crate into the back of the cart and carry the crate over to the body. You pack the corpse into the crate and carefully carve Gordon's name and everything you can remember about him into the lid. Then you carry it back over to the road and set it on the side. With any luck, someone will come along and give him a proper burial somewhere more hospitable than this.

Add the following to inventory:
Double barrel shotgun (d8) (2/8)
Big revolver (d10) (6/6)
Crowbar

Stay in the relative safety of the tent until we see if the rain is dangerous or not.

You sit and watch as Marcus walks around in the drizzle, disposing of Gordon's body. He seems uninjured by the rain on initial exposure, and continues to act as though he is in his right mind. No screaming, burning, spasms, transformations, or sudden homicidal tendencies. All good signs. 

I continue to whimper lowly, curled into a ball, but upon realizing Beethro was talking to me I scramble for my pistol--only to realize it's behind him where I threw it earlier.  I pause, shivering and staring into Beethro's intimidating death gaze for a couple seconds, before launching forward to try and get behind him and obtain my equipment.

Rush past Beethro and try to grab my metal weapons from the pile where I threw them earlier.  Then flee from the tent as fast as possible, running for a minute or two, then hiding immediately afterward.  Just stay motionless on the ground if nothing else, hopping up and hiding in multiple locations is only going to get me found.

You sprint from the tent and gather your weapons without slowing down, scooping them up mid run. No one tries to stop you or otherwise interfere with your actions, but this just terrifies you even more. Once you have hold of everything, you scamper a full minute or two away from the people and hide behind a white dune. You lay on your back, gasping for air as quietly as you can, cradling your pistol on your chest. You miss the man who gave you food and played nice music.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 14, 2017, 11:45:26 pm »

"I've had enough of this.  Time to finish it."

Pull out the guitar

"You, scared guy.  I don't know what your deal is, but it's time to get through it."

"We're going into this wasteland.  There will be no food, no water, no nothing.  There might be more lightning.  There might be all kinds of crazy stuff going down."

"We can't have someone following us, stealing our food, maybe stabbing us in the back or something."

"So, we're going to have it out.  I'm going to sit down and play this guitar for a bit.  If you come over, maybe we can come to an understanding."

"If you keep running away like a wild animal, I'm going to assume something's snapped, and defend myself should you show up again."

Sit down and start playing

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 15, 2017, 12:19:36 am »

Marcus eyes Beethro's melody. It seems familiar.

"..."

"..."

"Hmmmm hmmm hmm hmm. Mmmm mm Mm Hmm Hmm Hmm mm..."

"...I set my sail, fly, the wind it will take me. Back to my home, sweet home..."

The path is open, the skies are done. Pack up camp, it's time to go.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2017, 01:42:04 pm »

Stay away from that melody, and watch the armor dude pack up.  Continue my SOP of hiding, watching, and following from a safe distance.  It's worked for me so far.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53