Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire  (Read 325241 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
Re: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2010, 11:02:50 pm »

I think Armok was playing Jenga... and the game never ended. 8)
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2010, 11:09:12 pm »

Well my attempts at getting any type of frame of reference other than the monumental tower has been for nought, i shall tinker some more maybe but I'm not sure if Stonesense would bother to render the floor no matter how high i raise the values, but heres a cropped black background no fog view;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2010, 11:11:59 pm »

Build a ramp on every level. The summit must be reached!
くコ:彡

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2010, 11:12:20 pm »

I'm guessing all that black stone is Slade?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »

I'm guessing all that black stone is Slade?
Nope as far as we can tell it's micro climate caves, scattered throughout it, since some parts are inside afaik.
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 17, 2010, 11:17:58 pm »

and here I was thinking 255 Z-levels would be all that's needed for  stonesense...

oh well.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2010, 11:19:49 pm »

Someone should try digging down to Hidden Fun Land through normal adimantine tubes or a curious structure. See if the spire is down there as well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 17, 2010, 11:21:33 pm »

and here I was thinking 255 Z-levels would be all that's needed for  stonesense...

oh well.

Hehe, just did a quick calculation, incredibly rough that pic is approx 225.69 levels :P incredibly rough but nice to know i wasnt too far off, and a hack way of doing it too, cut and paste ftw. :D

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2010, 11:22:44 pm »

I did post the method of getting entire-fortress shots, you know.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2010, 11:32:32 pm »

That may make a computer asplode, though. Too much awesome. I still want someone to try, even though I can't.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2010, 11:32:46 pm »

I did post the method of getting entire-fortress shots, you know.
I was pretty sure you had, but my weary mind didn't know where to look, i had a very brief scout in the Stonesense thread, guess it's on the wiki somewhere then? or have i maxed the height i can do?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2010, 11:34:46 pm »

Aye, and Stonesense can't display a very big area at once, especially when we're talking about a lot of z-levels.

3Dwarf hadn't been updated for a while even before the release of 31.01, and I haven't heard anything about Visual Fortress in a while. There was a new visualizer being created for the new versions called Obsidian, not sure what the status of that is. And then I heard about another visualizer that can also display creatures, but that one's still a ways off.

actually, stonsense is perfectly able to take screenshots of entire fortresses, but it's a little slow

Step one: change the init.txt so that the graphic mode is Software, and the number f shown Z-levels is the height of your fort
Step two: center the view in DF to the highest level in the fort.
Step Three: run stonesense, and as soon as you can see something, press CTRL+F5. you should see a message saying that a large screenshot is being taken, and a progress meter in the title bar.
Stap 4: realize that there's no way you can upload a 200mb png file anywhere

That would be in this thread.

Edit: On page 16, no less.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2010, 11:39:54 pm »

Hehe, i blame the sun, since its 5:40am here, thanks for that, knew i had seen it somewhere recently and earlier i crawled through the thread looking for who said they tried to gen the seed in 31.08, i was mistaken then and I'm mistaken now, off to Stonesense!

Hmmm, seems there really wasn't anything much different to what i was doing, so far only the spire thats 255~z high, and the pngs are currently topping out at 2.7mb. To recap, I've set to software, set segmentsizes waaay up, 2074 is the z level above the top of the tower, i've varied the xy but makes no difference, i'm looking at the top of the tower in DF, Japa, or anyone else that's managed to do really large Stonesense screenshots, is 255 z level the highest it'll render at all currently?, i'm prob too tired to still be hammering away at this :P.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:03:32 am by Thoth »

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2010, 12:09:45 am »

I'm curious why we haven't got any word from Toady about this. I'm sure he's seen it by now.

And did somebody submit it to the bug tracker yet?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2010, 12:15:12 am »

In case anybody manages to actually get a screenshot of the entire thing, Dropbox has a good amount of space. Upload it there, after you optipng it and zip it or something of course.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45