Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651768 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1380 on: October 23, 2013, 11:38:49 pm »

The Meowstics are in!

So I estimated based on knowledge that 252 EV = ~+60 in a stat that the fastest of the Meowstics may well clock in at 340-350 speed if I have it set up perfectly. I've probably miscalced.

@ level 50, no EVs in anything, it had 125 speed. Literally just evolved, is level 31.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 23, 2013, 11:56:53 pm »

Honestly I was kinda shocked that Luxray took like 80% of Zygarde's HP in one facade and that Lux took oblivion wing to the face for only like 15%.

Also I'm really happy with Gogoat, he doesn't even have leech horn yet but did a respectable job tanking.

As to the others, life orb gardevoir 1HKOing Mega lucario totally surprised me.

(Dregalge never saw battle but probably woulda died to everything anyway)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 24, 2013, 12:06:02 am »

Honestly I was kinda shocked that Luxray took like 80% of Zygarde's HP in one facade and that Lux took oblivion wing to the face for only like 15%.

Also I'm really happy with Gogoat, he doesn't even have leech horn yet but did a respectable job tanking.

As to the others, life orb gardevoir 1HKOing Mega lucario totally surprised me.

(Dregalge never saw battle but probably woulda died to everything anyway)

Technically, neither Zygarde nor Yveltal are trained. I just have them around right now just 'cause. I've been trying to pokeradar a Pumpkaboo or the other cutesy ghost-tree pokemon. Neither of the legendaries have even done any Elite Four runs, so they were probably some of my weakest next to Lapras, who's just an HM slave, really, but I think I took 'er along for the ride in the Elite Four anyway. The two I was missing was a Goodra and Aurorus, but the Goodra wasn't that great, anyway. He was half-carried almost like Lapras through the Elite Four.

I was surprised by Gardevoir 1HKO'ing Lucario, too, but then I realized why you were losing health out of nowhere. Plus, my Lucario is pretty close to a glass cannon, haha. It's damn satisfying to watch the Mega transformation and then finish the enemy off with a super-effective Aura Sphere, though. I actually EV trained him for Sp. Atk. just so he could use Aura Sphere instead of Close Combat.
Also often called Boowells.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 24, 2013, 12:18:17 am »

I had a Lucario in B/W trained for SPA.  I'd recommend ice punch but that is a tutor move.  (It woulda solved the Gogoat stand off.  ( that goat is a defensive monster and quake woulda slaughtered lucario had you not sacrificed Gardevoir.)

Goodra Is a good wall but might would have been hurt bad by Life Orb Gardevoir who is a ton faster.  Aurorus is honestly kinda terrible and I'm not sure if it is even useful at all.

I need to breed a proper charizard, and I need to replace Meowstic and Dregalge who really don't help the party (even if I love Meowstic's design).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 24, 2013, 12:27:55 am »

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

FINALLY! MY PERFECT WOBUFFET IS COMPLETE!

I took it out for a spin and I left many, many, many stupid legendaries and Mewtwos dead in my wake.

Also, Olaf and Carabide helped me out quite a bit with some fun battles and lots of trades. Got a mushroom dinosaur from Olaf that I hope will become an extreme nuisance. Practically all my competitive Pokemon are made to be extremely annoying. Also got a Larvesta from Olaf yaaaay! Time to get my beloved Volcarona.

Starting to wish you could use more than just your current slots and battle box for choosing Pokemon to fight with. Would be so much fun if you had access to all your Pokemon when you make a battle team in MP. Also, I wouldn't be forced to take my Wobuffet with me to every single fight.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 24, 2013, 12:34:03 am »

I had a Lucario in B/W trained for SPA.  I'd recommend ice punch but that is a tutor move.  (It woulda solved the Gogoat stand off.  ( that goat is a defensive monster and quake woulda slaughtered lucario had you not sacrificed Gardevoir.)

Goodra Is a good wall but might would have been hurt bad by Life Orb Gardevoir who is a ton faster.  Aurorus is honestly kinda terrible and I'm not sure if it is even useful at all.

I need to breed a proper charizard, and I need to replace Meowstic and Dregalge who really don't help the party (even if I love Meowstic's design).

Ahahaha, you're partly right on the Aurorus. I do like my Aurorus, though. Plus, it's not like I really got into the game intending to do PvP in the first place, although... I might see about starting up a bit of a better team. And not taking legendaries into battle. I mean, the Yveltal actually had a pair of Black Glasses because I thought it was amusing to have STAB, his Dark Aura, and the item bonus all at once, but it really wasn't that impressive.

I don't know why Goodra is pure Dragon-type, though. It doesn't make much sense to me. I'd've thought he would've had a secondary type of Water or Poison.

EDIT: Among other things that are terrible, this PokeRadar is pissing me right the fuck off. How am I supposed to tell two equally shaking patches of grass apart? I can't even get past a 5-chain because three of these Pokemon look EXACTLY THE SAME in the grass! Seriously frustrating. I guess they are shinies though. Sigh
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:40:23 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 24, 2013, 12:38:17 am »

So anyone have any ideas for what I should add to my core group of Gogoat, Charizard Y, Luxray, and Gardeovir?  I'm thinking I might bring back the stars of my old B/W2 Team, Scizor and Rotom W.  Albeit I need to breed them and Charizard.

Yeah goodra so looks like a water type to me too!

One issue my team faces is that I really should add a Defogger to the team, I just don't know where to put it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 24, 2013, 12:46:44 am »

So anyone have any ideas for what I should add to my core group of Gogoat, Charizard Y, Luxray, and Gardeovir?  I'm thinking I might bring back the stars of my old B/W2 Team, Scizor and Rotom W.  Albeit I need to breed them and Charizard.

Yeah goodra so looks like a water type to me too!

One issue my team faces is that I really should add a Defogger to the team, I just don't know where to put it.

Hrmm... I'd go with at least one other Pokemon that can abuse Sun. Its nice to still have a bit of an edge if your Charizard Y gets KOed and there are still a few turns of sun left. Perhaps the Event Blaiziken to go physical where 'Zard is special. Speed boost is great without needing to Mega Evolve.

Also, are you encountering enough hazard setters in casual battle to merit Defog?

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 24, 2013, 12:52:23 am »

Yeah I'll probably work on breeding even better event blaikens.  It'll be good to have no mater what.

Also come December I'll probably attempt to breed a defog technician Scizor.  Which will require it existing eventually on three separate games.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 24, 2013, 01:01:07 am »

My core group for causal play in-game, is Talonflame, Gardevoir, Scizor and Blaziken.
I've trained all but Scizor(whom i need to breed of the one i got in GTS) for the proper stats and all, so they can be used in friendly Multiplayer battles. But even though I never battle for competition's sakes I was wondering if someone could suggest any pokemon to go with those four to cover their weakspots.
I want at least one Defender(any type) and one Ground type, but am lost as to who to choose since I normally don't use defenders or grounds.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 24, 2013, 01:04:42 am »

My core group for causal play in-game, is Talonflame, Gardevoir, Scizor and Blaziken.
I've trained all but Scizor(whom i need to breed of the one i got in GTS) for the proper stats and all, so they can be used in friendly Multiplayer battles. But even though I never battle for competition's sakes I was wondering if someone could suggest any pokemon to go with those four to cover their weakspots.
I want at least one Defender(any type) and one Ground type, but am lost as to who to choose since I normally don't use defenders or grounds.

Rotom W and Gogoat are now my favorite pokes who can take a hit.  Ground type IDK cause I don't much use them due to it being a bad defensive typing and loads of non ground types getting earthquake (Gogoat).

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 24, 2013, 01:13:32 am »

Rotom W and Gogoat are now my favorite pokes who can take a hit.  Ground type IDK cause I don't much use them due to it being a bad defensive typing and loads of non ground types getting earthquake (Gogoat).
That's why i didn't suggest my Defender be Ground. However, as I am playing casually I'll take any defender really, as in casual, IG or MP, type doesn't really matter since you're not aiming to PWN the other PC/NPC/etc.

I do kind of wanna add a doublade in there though, things got good defense and typing and has okay atk.
But Doublade is a huge maybe and if so that still leaves the Ground-type, if no, that still leaves them both.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 24, 2013, 01:17:55 am »

A ground/dragon would work for you. You have two fire types to eat the fairy moves that kill it. Blaziken and and Scizor can deal with ice attacks. Gardevoir and Scizor can deal with dragon moves. Scarf Flygon is fast, and Garachomp is of course as powerful as heck. That new legendary might be worth looking into as well.

I've been trying Treeviant as a defensive Pokemon and it works for me. As a defensive Pokemon Treeviant can weaken physical attacking foes with Will-o-wisp, regain health with horn leech, and fully restore itself with the nasty combo of rest and natural cure. Ghost and grass are also types that are not yet on your team.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 24, 2013, 01:31:14 am »

A ground/dragon would work for you. You have two fire types to eat the fairy moves that kill it. Blaziken and and Scizor can deal with ice attacks. Gardevoir and Scizor can deal with dragon moves. Scarf Flygon is fast, and Garachomp is of course as powerful as heck. That new legendary might be worth looking into as well.

I've been trying Treeviant as a defensive Pokemon and it works for me. As a defensive Pokemon Treeviant can weaken physical attacking foes with Will-o-wisp, regain health with horn leech, and fully restore itself with the nasty combo of rest and natural cure. Ghost and grass are also types that are not yet on your team.
Do you mean Trevenant?
And Yeah, I was thinking about Flygon - i have one that, ironically serves as as Offensive annoyance back on my W2. I built him up in terms of bulk though.

Again with doublade - ghost typing. but yeah I wouldnt mind a grass type either but I'm no fan of gogoat, Garchomp or Trevanant. (Also i don't use legends on core teams)
---though I do like Gourghiest, so is gourgheist better or worse than Trevenant?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 24, 2013, 01:50:27 am »

That's why i didn't suggest my Defender be Ground. However, as I am playing casually I'll take any defender really, as in casual, IG or MP, type doesn't really matter since you're not aiming to PWN the other PC/NPC/etc.

I do kind of wanna add a doublade in there though, things got good defense and typing and has okay atk.
But Doublade is a huge maybe and if so that still leaves the Ground-type, if no, that still leaves them both.

Bronzong could operate as a decent wall. I'm pretty sure it can learn toxic, and a gyro ball from bronzong isn't anything to laugh about.

Or even better, go with Ferrothorn. Rocky Helmet + Ferrothorn = ouch per turn. Plus besides being a usable wall, he can operate as a decent curse + gyro ball mon.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 463