Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651743 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1410 on: October 24, 2013, 09:31:56 pm »

Is that the Hidden ability? If so, it might be as easy as going to the Friend Safari, though if you aren't that far yet, I'm sure there's one between us somewhere.
Yeah i just found the female myself, in safari, thanks though.

EDIT: dang it! it wouldnt stay in the luxury ball and and my one gamble to reduce it's hp was a crit KO.
---purposefully trying to catch it in luxury ball

EDIT2: and now the one giving Eevees is offline which means no hidden abilities, yikes...
What exactly I'm after: Is a female eevee - of any nature(prefer a spatk boosting one but doenst really matter) and IVs dont matter. What matters is that it's in a luxury ball(EDIT3 - if traded i dont care about ball type, but if i catch it myself, It'll be in luxury) and has it's hidden ability of anticipation. and all of my safari-useable pokemon are way to high lv to safely lower it's hp, quite the delima.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:00:07 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 24, 2013, 09:44:58 pm »

False Swipe is your friend, as is Thunder Wave.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 24, 2013, 09:48:07 pm »

False Swipe is your friend, as is Thunder Wave.
Yeah, until the eevee lands a takedown at 1 hp and auto-kos itself.
Safari eevee have takedown.
EDIT: can Gengar learn Thunder wave? ghost-type'd stop Takedowns from landing.
---EDIT2: no but my synch-modest gardevior can, that's a huge start.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:51:45 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 24, 2013, 11:03:15 pm »

Just use quick balls.

5x chance of catching on the first turn. As a comparison, ultra balls only have 2x. Failing that use dusk balls or nest balls or repeat balls. Regular pokeballs are for chumps.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 24, 2013, 11:08:34 pm »

Presumably the point of the luxury balls is Magic Bounce Espeon.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 24, 2013, 11:13:06 pm »

O_o Did they turn the capture rate even further up for the Version Mascots this gen than they did in Gen V? I wound up catching Xerneas on my first throw using a luxury ball.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 24, 2013, 11:13:27 pm »

Presumably the point of the luxury balls is Magic Bounce Espeon.
Actually the luxury ball is my "Mark" - if I catch a Pokemon, it'll be in a luxury ball, Espeon with Magic Bounce is only one reason I want a female with hidden ability.
The other reason is Sylveon with Pixilate and the final reason is to have both a Pixilate Sylveon and MB Espeon both hence why I want it to be female - so it has higher chance of passing hidden ability and special attack+ nature makes it better for both evolutions.
That and I wanna get every Eeveelution in a luxury ball but the non-hidden ability ones I can deal with at anytime.
EDIT: Hidden ability I want on Sylv and Espeon only. But I need a female (from the safari most likely) and that means that the user giving them has to be online in-game and then I get lucky.
My Gardevoir however has Focusblast and Thunderwave, so if a female shows up with anticipation, it'll shudder due to FB and then T-wave will aide the catching, and my Garde is modest with synch so...it's just a matter of luck and time.
And remember - if someone trades me a Female with anticipation I don't care what ball it's in. Lux only matters if I catch it myself.

O_o Did they turn the capture rate even further up for the Version Mascots this gen than they did in Gen V? I wound up catching Xerneas on my first throw using a luxury ball.
I've noticed that myself, since BW mascot legends have been easy to catch...In my case it's a bit more difficult as each lux ball is 5x the price a reg pokeball but behaves the same.
But yeah Xerneas had a really easy capture rate, strangely when i did catch Yveltal on my playthrough of Y, he was insanely hard to catch.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:23:52 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 24, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »

No clue, but I caught Yveltal with a regular Poke-ball on the first throw, too. I think I used False Swipe and paralysis, though.
Also often called Boowells.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 25, 2013, 12:00:17 am »

Is that the Hidden ability? If so, it might be as easy as going to the Friend Safari, though if you aren't that far yet, I'm sure there's one between us somewhere.

EDIT: dang it! it wouldnt stay in the luxury ball and and my one gamble to reduce it's hp was a crit KO.

EDIT2: and now the one giving Eevees is offline which means no hidden abilities, yikes...
What exactly I'm after: Is a female eevee - of any nature(prefer a spatk boosting one but doenst really matter) and IVs dont matter. What matters is that it's in a luxury ball(EDIT3 - if traded i dont care about ball type, but if i catch it myself, It'll be in luxury) and has it's hidden ability of anticipation. and all of my safari-useable pokemon are way to high lv to safely lower it's hp, quite the delima.

I'll be online more tomorrow. So you'll have more chances Ace Attorney 5 and me having work tomorrow conspired against you:P
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 25, 2013, 12:12:25 am »

I'll be online more tomorrow. So you'll have more chances Ace Attorney 5 and me having work tomorrow conspired against you:P
It's okay, I'm willing to wait for it. But that Pixilate Sylveon is the prime prize of Pokemon X, as I'm out to collect at least one of every Fairy-type pokemon, and Pixilate is such a better ability.
MB espeon is the bonus, lol.
(Once I have the female anticipation, I won't need you to be online, sorry for seeming pushy.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 25, 2013, 12:18:05 am »

Both Xerneas and Yvetal have 1 base capture rate. Same as Pidgey. Also you can't, NOT capture them as you won't be allowed to progress through the story until you do.

I also managed to get my hands on all three legendaries even though I still only have 7 badges haha. Haxorus is more popular than Xerneas apparently.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 25, 2013, 12:30:37 am »

Both Xerneas and Yvetal have 1 base capture rate. Same as Pidgey. Also you can't, NOT capture them as you won't be allowed to progress through the story until you do.

I also managed to get my hands on all three legendaries even though I still only have 7 badges haha. Haxorus is more popular than Xerneas apparently.
Yeah I noticed Xerneas isnt that popular, despite having such a powerful boosting move, but thats the fate of any mono-type pokemon.
And Yveltal is a nice dual type that we previously didnt have a legendary of.
And of course Haxours is more popular...thing looks like a Scythe with Axe heads on it, awesome design GF, and Xerneas is a deer.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 25, 2013, 01:59:54 am »

Poor neotemplar, fate declared him the bringer of Eevees, and now we're all stalking him...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 25, 2013, 02:37:23 am »

Poor neotemplar, fate declared him the bringer of Eevees, and now we're all stalking him...
Yeah i feel bad for Neo, given I give such lousy pokemon in return, But at least Neo is nice enough to let us go about it with minimal requests in return. That shows Neotemplar = awesome.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:07:15 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 25, 2013, 05:53:17 am »

So I might be able to get hold of both games today, should the local Elgiganten have them.
My biggest regret however, is that I could not affoard Black or White 2 back when they were released..
or Sould Silver & Heart Gold..
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:55:03 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 463