Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651712 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1575 on: October 28, 2013, 11:47:25 pm »

So I finally completed the game.  It felt like you got a lot more exp compared to previous games...I didn't have to grind, and the elite four was a breeze (minus a bit of annoyance because of poison moves).

No to figure out what pokemon I want to IV breed first...

Yeah, the Experience Share is hilariously overpowered now.

I feel like they tried to balance it out by making the random encounter exp far lower, though. Whenever I wanted to use a different Pokemon in my team, it felt like there was a ludicrous amount of time necessary to train it. Also, huge differences in experience from Pokemon to Pokemon. A Lickitung in Victory Road gave like ~800 exp compared to the ~2000 that Druddigon gives. Also, hordes of Lickitung are the most annoying thing ever because Wrap prevents escaping. Major pain in the ass without AOE.

I don't think they designed the new Exp. Share that well. I get the intentions behind it, but I'd prefer both an Exp. All key item and a Exp. Share held item. The Exp. All could give 1/4 of the total experience to each Pokemon in the team instead. That would probably be better than the 1/2 it currently gives, if I'm not mistaken.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 29, 2013, 12:13:02 am »

The intention was to make it easier for those who like to capture and train lots of different pokemon instead of just maintaining a core team. That's why they also included the option to turn it off.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 29, 2013, 12:48:10 am »

The intention was to make it easier for those who like to capture and train lots of different pokemon instead of just maintaining a core team. That's why they also included the option to turn it off.

Huh. Maybe that's why I found it so frustrating. I never really changed my base team too much. I swapped in a few Pokemon here and there. Though, I still think I prefer my Exp. Share from Sapphire.

EDIT: I just found a pink Sneasel in Drakele's Friend Safari. Woooooo. It wasn't the shiny Fennekin I've been trying to acquire, but it's something, at the least. It also has perfect Defense, Sp. Atk., and Speed IVs. Pretty neat. I take that back. It needs an Attack stat far more. At least the speed stat is good.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:59:09 am by Knirisk »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 29, 2013, 03:19:52 am »

Wow, I lucked out. I just started breeding Honedge for a perfect one and the very first one I get is 29/30/30/31/30/10. It's practically perfect. Guessing the negative karma from the massive loss streak gave me this.

How do you accurately Calc IVs on a hatchling Pokemon? I thought you like needed to get it to lvl 20 or something before a calculator would give you exact numbers instead of just a range.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 29, 2013, 03:26:12 am »

Wow, I lucked out. I just started breeding Honedge for a perfect one and the very first one I get is 29/30/30/31/30/10. It's practically perfect. Guessing the negative karma from the massive loss streak gave me this.

How do you accurately Calc IVs on a hatchling Pokemon? I thought you like needed to get it to lvl 20 or something before a calculator would give you exact numbers instead of just a range.

Get it to level 5, then take it to a battle where it gets raised to 50. Coupled with the characteristics, stats @ 5 and 50, and the judgement passed by that guy in the game somewhere, it can give you near exact numbers.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 29, 2013, 03:46:30 am »

Get it to level 5, then take it to a battle where it gets raised to 50. Coupled with the characteristics, stats @ 5 and 50, and the judgement passed by that guy in the game somewhere, it can give you near exact numbers.

If you're done with the Elite Four, just take it to the Battle Institute in Lumiose. They'll automatically raise it to level 50 from level 1. You can check its stats, then forfeit all 5 battles and still receive 3 BP for it anyway. The judgment guy is in the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City. Also, the characteristic of the Pokemon is also indicative of its best stat (or one of them, if two IVs are the same).

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 29, 2013, 03:58:09 am »

Added everyone listed up to this point in the OP.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 29, 2013, 06:53:59 am »

Getting my games today, can almost not wait.
So.. should X be my main game or should Y be?
The other will solely exist to help me get those mons which aren't in the main one.
After that, I'll let family and close friends use it whenever they visit.

edit: So I have the games now, but the question above still stands..
Thing is that I do prefer the X versions of some megaevolutions, however Aggron is one of my favorites and it's in the Y version.
So if I trade it over to X, will I still be able to megaevolve it?
Or if I do the opposite, will Mewtwo keep its X megaevolution or will it automatically switch to the Y version when I move it?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:02:48 am by Ultimuh »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 29, 2013, 09:19:45 am »

The other will solely exist to help me get those mons which aren't in the main one.

Thing is that I do prefer the X versions of some megaevolutions, however Aggron is one of my favorites and it's in the Y version.
Or if I do the opposite, will Mewtwo keep its X megaevolution or will it automatically switch to the Y version when I move it?
Well, getting Aggron's Mega is just a matter of using the Aggronite held item, so all you would need to do if you want to use X and have a Mega Aggron is trade the Aggronite over from Y to X.  The same thing goes for Mewtwo and Charizard - Mewtwonite X and Charizardite X are items found only in X; Mewtwonite Y and Charizardite Y are only found in Y.  Unlike Gen 3 Deoxys, everything is tied to the items, not the actual version of the hosting cart.  So, as long as you have access to two consoles to use for the trades, you should be able to do everything you want in either version. 

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 29, 2013, 09:24:23 am »

Well, getting Aggron's Mega is just a matter of using the Aggronite held item, so all you would need to do if you want to use X and have a Mega Aggron is trade the Aggronite over from Y to X.  The same thing goes for Mewtwo and Charizard - Mewtwonite X and Charizardite X are items found only in X; Mewtwonite Y and Charizardite Y are only found in Y.  Unlike Gen 3 Deoxys, everything is tied to the items, not the actual version of the hosting cart.  So, as long as you have access to two consoles to use for the trades, you should be able to do everything you want in either version.

Alright, that's decided then.
I'll go for Y as my main, since I prefer the legendary bird at the game-startup.

By the way, my 3DS Friend Code is: 5069-4028-9654
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:32:08 am by Ultimuh »

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 29, 2013, 10:47:49 am »

Breeding the Marills was finally successful, so I started distributing them via WT.

Results have been interesting, mostly early-caught Pokémon no doubt fishing for late-game material, but a few amusing ones, most of all being the trade I just completed... for another Aqua Jet / Belly Drum Marill. Looks like the other guy was just cycling Pokémon back into WT until he got one he liked, in which case he'll be disappointed :p

Although since he got a 4-perfect IV with an extra egg move, it's definitely a trade-up. :)

I'll have to go through my boxes and clear out the other three or so boxes of less successful Marill, which will get released into the wild rather than sent out. Then it's time to think about my next breeding project; I was hoping to get some inspiration from my WT experiences but I doubt anyone wants perfect IVd male Combees.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 29, 2013, 11:06:47 am »

Speaking of breeding I finally have my Magic Bounce Espeon, and...
I sent it out after EVing it to face a horde of smoochum, which the horde level was right around it's level, my attack took them down to 2/3rds, then they all used sing.
Only one one them was left awake afterwards.
Awesome.

That said I also have my Pixilate Sylveon, and can say I'm loving it!
Thanks again Neo for being so awesome!

EDIT: Added you Ultimuh.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:21:28 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 29, 2013, 12:20:58 pm »

By the way, my 3DS Friend Code is: 5069-4028-9654

Added you as well. Be sure to add the people from the first post!
Entropy is not what it used to be.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 29, 2013, 03:18:36 pm »

Ultimuh's sarafi gives Quagsire and Krabby. Not sure on third pokemon yet though.

I'm well on my way to my core team...I just began working on My trapinch, which will eventually be my Flygon.

Ludicolo will be the finale pokemen, but question on Ludicolo: Should i focus on an Offensive Ludicolo(SPATK/Speed) or a Defensive(HP/SPDEF)?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 29, 2013, 03:51:26 pm »

Argh, why must Ralts be so.. elusive in my game?
I have been running all over theese flowers for over an hour now.
And accidenlty killed two THREE!!! due to critical hits.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:54:40 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 463