Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651770 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2745 on: February 06, 2014, 08:30:36 pm »

Mmm... except some of the best aren't available on the X/Y mon. Zen Headbutt and Seed Bomb would be awesome on physical Celebi, but they're only available from Gen V move tutors. Frustratingly, Celebi doesn't have a single physical STAB available in X/Y, despite having equal physical and special stats.  >:(

Unless I'm missing something here?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: February 06, 2014, 08:46:55 pm »

Nope. You're right.

Basically Celebi has no STAB physical moves in XY.

At best right now all he could hope to do is some leech seed, toxic, substitute, protect shenanigans.

Or just not use the worthless thing.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: February 07, 2014, 08:40:43 am »

Seed bomb, u-turn, light screen, thunder wave, reflect, stealth rock, synthesis, swords dance, zen headbutt

Use some of those moves for your adamant Celebi.

Mmm... except some of the best aren't available on the X/Y mon. Zen Headbutt and Seed Bomb would be awesome on physical Celebi, but they're only available from Gen V move tutors. Frustratingly, Celebi doesn't have a single physical STAB available in X/Y, despite having equal physical and special stats.  >:(

Unless I'm missing something here?
Unless the next game comes out with tutors giving Celebi Seed bomb and Zen headbutt again, my plan is U-turn, Reflect, Light Screen and Thunder wave, basically drop para, set up at least one of the screens based on my foe's decision of sweeper, then U-turn out, dealing damage while figuring out what to send out.

Nope. You're right.

Basically Celebi has no STAB physical moves in XY.

At best right now all he could hope to do is some leech seed, toxic, substitute, protect shenanigans.

Or just not use the worthless thing.
Anything I plan on keeping I plan on giving a move-set and raising like normal. That however doesn't mean I'll actually "use" it past getting it raised. But I am keeping this Celebi, which means I wanna give it a move-set and at least get it to level 50.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Man, legendaries are like action figures. You leave them sitting in your box in mint condition because raising them only depreciates their value.

This is why I was really annoyed when Diamond forced me to fight using Dialga. It was only mildly annoying when X really wanted me to fight Lysandre with Xerneas, but it didn't force me so that was tolerable.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

This is why I was really annoyed when Diamond forced me to fight using Dialga.
But it didn't.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile

This is why I was really annoyed when Diamond forced me to fight using Dialga.
But it didn't.
Since Gen5 at least, they make the version-exclusive legend pop out first. If you let it faint, it wont be touched by needless EVs, and the rest of your team will be more than ready.
--I have done that in all games forcing me to use the legendary exclusive upon capture. Happiness is super easy to raise, even without a Luxury ball, so I'm okay with a faint here-and-there, but outside of this I don't purposefully faint my Pokemon for any reason.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:57:23 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Why not just use the option let it stay in the box?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Well EV reset berries can be obtained, and even if yer having trouble with those there's reset bags in super training. 

I fought him with my Yveltal just for the epicness of it (and because having an expshare on everyone all the frikkin time made my levels go through the roof this game.  My team averaged 70 when I fought him, using Yveltal made it more challenging).  Once I got a good supply of berries I reset the EVs with them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile

Why not just use the option let it stay in the box?
Catch Reshiram/Zekrom (B/W) - it puts it in your party, as the first Pokemon, that is game-canon and cannot be undone. It doesn't go to the box until AFTER the fight with the boss.
Same for Yveltal and Xerneas(X/Y).

Well EV reset berries can be obtained, and even if yer having trouble with those there's reset bags in super training. 
How about you tell me a way to farm reset bags that doesn't involve 40 hours of tapping my 3DS' touch screen...and a way to mass produce said berries per planting.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:49:45 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

You don't need a whole bunch to reset EVs after one fight.  I think I managed to reset Yveltal with 3.  Most I can imagine you would need to reset after fighting one 6 poke trainer is 6, unless you managed to get pokerus on it or put EV stuff on.

I'm not talking completely reseting a fully trained poke, that takes a lot of time in the berry field, I'm talking resetting one that was just forced into a fight or 6.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Question:
I have no intention of getting into competitive battling, and the only EVs I care about are the fuzzy ones which evolve. Knowing this, is there anything wrong with using the EXP Share to level my party faster slightly faster?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Nope.

The EVs gained after battle are given to all your pokemon in the party when EXP Share is turned on.

The only level up procedure that doesn't give EVs are rare candies. Even then you can just go a few rounds in the EV trainer to get the benefit anyway.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Nope! EVs and IVs are really only there to annoy min-maxers. They aren't worth worrying about for single-player, or even friendly matches against non-obsessive friends. :P

Although I'm still mildly annoyed my Celebi is Jolly-natured. >.>

And... ninja'd.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Oh, I was totally thinking about Black forcing me to use Reshiram. This is the confusion you cause when you release two gens on the same system, Nintendo.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile

You don't need a whole bunch to reset EVs after one fight.  I think I managed to reset Yveltal with 3.  Most I can imagine you would need to reset after fighting one 6 poke trainer is 6, unless you managed to get pokerus on it or put EV stuff on.

I'm not talking completely reseting a fully trained poke, that takes a lot of time in the berry field, I'm talking resetting one that was just forced into a fight or 6.
Only issue with that: When you have one of each berry that resets, and only get 2 per plant...and they take like 3 days to grow...and you water them regularly...it gets annoying.
Thankfully I'm so carfeul with raisin in EVs that I rarely have to reset. Those reset bags are invaluable though because my imports were EVed before I knew how to do it right...so...yeah reset bags for the awesome second chance at win. to bad they don't like to apper for me...ugh...
I only care about EVs myself because in the (extremely unlikely) event I do find myself using my team online, like say to help a fellow look at their team's stats for purpose of finding out IVs the judge doesn't comment on, like I did last time, then at least I'll stand a bit of a chance.

Also it still gains EXP, which could diminish trade value to some folk as they prefer purely untouched Pokemon. Yes, they are out there, sadly.

Oh, I was totally thinking about Black forcing me to use Reshiram. This is the confusion you cause when you release two gens on the same system, Nintendo.
You know that let-it-faint tactic of mine? I invented it that very moment my Vulcangel (Reshiram) didn't go to the box, let the thing faint, and used my level 80+ sweepers on the other legend to ensure it didnt so much as get a lick of exp or EVs. Toss pokeballs if you have to, but waste your turns. I also did it with my Xerneas.

I am going to be playing Black again anyways, I wanna replay it, and now that i have finally imported my salvageable Pokemon, I'm good to go.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 463