Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651827 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Hmmm, he still figured it out faster than I did the last time I had to deal with that.  And I was up against a Ninjask with Dark Pulse.  Took me half a full 6-on-6 battle to figure out why Speed Boost wasn't triggering.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I use a zoroark in my team and it wasn't until the focus blast that I even became suspicious.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Hmmm, he still figured it out faster than I did the last time I had to deal with that.  And I was up against a Ninjask with Dark Pulse.  Took me half a full 6-on-6 battle to figure out why Speed Boost wasn't triggering.
You are a very silly person.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Heh, it usually takes me awhile to notice it too... especially in random battles where you don't know what you're fighting.

Most of the time it's super obvious like...

Golurk used Nasty Plot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But once in awhile you get one that's super hard to identify.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Say...

If I were to make a team with the sole intent of jokes about wizards, what should I use?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You doublepost!
The A Thread About the Pokemanz shudders and comes back to life!

The TPP thread seems to have overtaken this, but I must return it to mainstream before it gets too late.

Also, forget my last post.

I'm making a team solely consisting of Hoenn pokemon as a sort of "gimmicky-nostalgic" crossover. I'm using Blaziken like before, thinking about my Sceptile, and definitely a Slaking with Giga Impact for hilarity/super-awesome-power. I figured Gardevoir is a good choice, as it is a classic special attacker and covers its weaknesses with fairy moves, and a Wailord as a tank option combined with Surf and the famed Water Spout of Almighty Doom. Would you recommend a Salamence to complete the team? I like to have a sort of "arbitrary pseudo-legendary" in my team, and Salamence fits the bill while not spilling over into a second psychic type. The only way I battle is an all out free for all with my friends, who don't give a crap over tiers, so there's no worry there.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

Might I recommend converting that Gardevoir into a Death-Beam Gardevoir?

Impractical, mainly for shits 'n giggles, and awesome when it works.

In a nutshell, teach a Hyper Beam Gardevoir and give it its mega-stone. When Mega'd, it has pixiliate, which converts normal type moves to fairy and gives them a 30% damage buff. That, plus Sp.Atk EV training, and suddenly pain beyond belief, if Gardevoir doesn't faint before it happens... or miss.

Edit: Well I derped hard on this one. Despite rereading, I had failed to notice I forgot to mention Hyper Beam.

Whoops.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:32:58 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

You doublepost!
The A Thread About the Pokemanz shudders and comes back to life!

The TPP thread seems to have overtaken this, but I must return it to mainstream before it gets too late.

Also, forget my last post.

I'm making a team solely consisting of Hoenn pokemon as a sort of "gimmicky-nostalgic" crossover. I'm using Blaziken like before, thinking about my Sceptile, and definitely a Slaking with Giga Impact for hilarity/super-awesome-power. I figured Gardevoir is a good choice, as it is a classic special attacker and covers its weaknesses with fairy moves, and a Wailord as a tank option combined with Surf and the famed Water Spout of Almighty Doom. Would you recommend a Salamence to complete the team? I like to have a sort of "arbitrary pseudo-legendary" in my team, and Salamence fits the bill while not spilling over into a second psychic type. The only way I battle is an all out free for all with my friends, who don't give a crap over tiers, so there's no worry there.

Gardevoir.... lemme see. In mega form, you're damn powerful, but you're also frail. You will have to look out for Metagross, as Metagross walls both of your STABs and hits supereffectively, very very hard off that high attack stat and Meteor Mash. Heck, even on my poorly trained Metagross (385 attack at level 100) does >50% with Bullet Punch and no other boosts.
Therefore, running Shadow Ball may come in handy, as Steel no longer resists Ghost, rendering Metagross a sitting duck, as it's weak to Ghost now. I'd do that if you're worried about pokemon like Jirachi or Metagross.

Blaziken with Speed Boost is pretty simple. Slap a Life Orb on it, protect every second turn so you outspeed everything, and go to town. LO Blaziken hits harder than Blaziken-M. You know the drill with the usual Blaziken moveset.

Sceptile is awfully frail - while it's useful, you should be very careful with it. It used to be able to pull off subseeding. These days, you're probably going to want to rely on Swords Dance + Leaf Blade + Substitute + some coverage move. Sceptile can learn Drain Punch for healing by TM in Gen IV, if you're prepared to go that far back just to pick up one move.

Slaking is hard to effectively use, as he's totally shut down by any user of Protect. You should only use him once you've dealt with mons that you're sure will use Protect - pokemon that need a few turns for their ability to kick in, etc. Once that's done, just put a boosting item of your choice on and spam Giga Impact, Superpower and similar absurdly high powered moves. You're not going to stay up long, even with your high HP, because you're predictable. There's a reason Slaking is barely holding on to the RU tier.

Wailord is known for pretty much one thing. That water spout, and little else. It's too slow to outspeed anything, and its huge HP is offset by quite low defenses. Choice Specs Water Spout will wreck a lot of mons day if they don't have some means of mitigating water damage / outspeeding a fat whale to reduce Water Spout's damage.

Salamence is pretty damn good. If you can keep ice types and mons that are likely to use Ice moves under control, Salamence can wreck the opponent. It's actually pretty decent at running mixed sets, being probably the only Dragon to learn Hydro Pump besides Kingdra to my knowledge.
You run 135/110/100 attacking stats. 100 speed is not too bad, actually, but you may be outsped by a lot of pokemon. 110 Sp.Atk AND 135 attack means you can just drop a Draco Meteor and not have your damage output gimped.
The leading set is a Salamence with Moxie, the moves
Outrage/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Fire Blast or Aqua Tail.
You also use a Choice Scarf to ensure you outspeed most fast pokemon.

The idea is, you send Salamence in lategame to clean up with Outrage - after a few Moxie boosts, even the toughest physical wall will be having second thoughts. Using Outrage early game, is, to quote smogon "about as smart as sticking your hand in boiling water". That's why you have Dragon Claw, to prevent yourself being totally stuffed up by a moxie boosted confusion hitting you for a sizable portion of your health.

Earthquake hits rock types hard off 135 base attack, even without STAB, and it's decently powerful.  It also hits steel types who would otherwise be walled if you weren't running Fire Blast.

Fire Blast is there to cover your primary enemies, Forretress, Skarmory and Ferrothorn from setting up hazards, which would otherwise make Salamence's life a nightmare, facing either being locked into a move, or being stuck with 25% health every time it switches in.

Aqua Tail is there if you are planning on Rain support. There's about three pokemon it deals with well, Gliscor (whose high defense mitigates Outrage and Dragon Claw, is immune to Earthquake, and only neutral damage from Fire Blast), Hippowdon (highish defense, huge HP, but weak to Water) and Volcarona (neutral to fire, can wall Fire Blast after a few Quiver Dances, neutral to Earthquake)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I don't care about the others, but regarding Slaking.

Slaking is like Shedinja. Both are very useful in a random battle, where the enemy doesn't know you have one or they don't have anything that can fight one. But in a real pokebattle, it's really, really, really shit. Don't use it. You can only ever win with it once, and that one time is if the enemy doesn't know what it is. After that it will always lose forever. Like Reudh said, it's way way way way way too easy to stop it with shit like protect and substitute and it will lose you the game.

If you want some kind of super powerful one shot killer normal type from Hoenn, use Exploud with choice scarf and boomburst + scrappy. It will oneshot almost anything in the game without the flaw of missing 1/2 your turns. This one can attack ghosts too.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... So let's see...

Death Ray Gardevoir...
Life Orb Blaziken...
Swords Dance Sceptile...
Water Spout Wailord...
Choice Scarf Salamence...
And a ???.

Hmmm... Exploud never hit a chord with me, but maybe...

Other than the quad fighting weakness, how's Aggron, not mega'd up?

If not, what about Banette, or mayhaps the King of Contests, Claydol the Almighty?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

Exploud is good. MUDDABEEPIN' AGGRON is also a good option, and happens to be my favourite pokemon. If you can find a good rock move for the thing, it'll probably help give it something over its Mega form, due to STAB.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Normal Aggron is more or less garbage with 4x weakness to fighting, 4x weakness to earthquake, and tonnes and tonnes of other weaknesses.

Mega Aggron is pretty good. Usually used like Tyrantum as a suicide lead with stealth rock. Basically it comes out, deploys stealth rock, maybe uses thunder wave, then tries to cause as much damage as possible before dying.

Keep in mind that even though it has filter, it will still die in 2 hits to any supereffective move of note like high jump kick or earthquake or etc.

I think Sceptile is garbage too but whatever.

Here's more good Hoenn pokemon:
1. Azumarill - priority huge power fairy type
2. Sableye - priority super annoying status pokemon
3. Mega Medicham - Even scarier than Azumarill. Same damage amp, more coverage and can supereffective anything.
4. Spinda - Contrary shenanigans
5. Zangoose - Toxic boost + facade = insaneo damage of insaneo levels
6. Crawdaunt - dragon dance sweeper
7. Kecleon - Now comes with freaking protean and power up punch / shadow sneak so it can even become ghost type if it wants to. It's pretty crazy.
8. Tropius - Harvest
9. Mega Absol - Magic bounce on a sweeper is super scary
10. Swellow - Guts + facade again. Guts users are so freaking annoying.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Azumarill is Johto. Azurill is Hoenn, and mostly notable solely for being the only Pokemon that can change gender on evolution. ^_^

I think the only thing that Normal Aggron gets over Mega Aggron is Rock Head, which nullifies recoil.  Those weaknesses added by its Rock typing, especially the two 4x weaknesses to common offensive types, just hurt it far, far too much.  Other than Umiman's list, which is quite exhaustive, I can only add a couple more:

1. Breloom.  Technician shenanigans are one half, and on the other hand, Poison Heal fun is also entertaining.  Like all Grass types, however, it was hurt quite a bit by Talonflame's priority Brave Bird. 
2. Whiscash.  Dragon Dancing bulky water.  Not overpowered, but fun. 
3. Lati@s.  Both Latios and Latias are legendary, but not overpowered.
4. Swampert.  Since you're running Blaziken and Sceptile already, this tank makes three.  One weakness along with decent but not exceptional bulk combined with offensive presence, but its greatest flaw is a lack of reliable recovery outside of Rest. 
5. Milotic.  Another bulky water, this time in classic flavour. 

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zangoose it is! A swampert kills the idea of a wailord since I want maximum type diversity.

Also, unfortunately, female Azurill are apparently incapable of becoming a man nowadays. :(
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 463