Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651794 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #4125 on: February 06, 2015, 12:05:18 pm »

From what I hear Emboar and Serperior actually get better at their jobs with their Hidden Abilities and Samurott gets worse.
I will say that Emboar and Serperior come with moves to benefit their new ability: Emboar with Flareblitz(benefits from reckless) and Serperior with Leaf Storm(the spatk cut become a boost with contrary ability) Dunno about Samurott as I really don't care about that one overall.

I was wondering if they could be female because I wanna pass on the HA to a nick-nameable copy of both. I know the father can pass it with a Ditto but that chances of that are fairly scarce compared to the mother having a good chance.
60% for Ditto-breeding versus 80% for a female.  The odds don't seem that bad to me; it's still better than even, contrasted with the 12.5% chance (at best) of getting a female starter from the event.

EDIT: How in the world did I botch the punctuation there? ^_^
True but if I read correctly, Female also pass on their ball which I'd rather have my Bacon the reckless Emboar in a cherish ball than a normal Pokeball. (truth be told I'd rather use a luxury ball but that's impossible in this case so I'll stick with cherish balls, if possible.)
((Utter truth be told I don't see them allowing cherish balls to pass on like that but trial and error are always fun.))
My Serperior I couldn't care less as it's purely collection, like Samurott will be.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: February 06, 2015, 12:16:39 pm »

Sorry, the what codes?
Three Mystery Gift codes distributed by Nintendo and also posted on Serebii.net for the Unova starters with their Hidden Abilities.  According to the dates, they should all be active now, though I haven't tried the third one yet, and will remain active until the end of November. 

Contrary Serperior: POKEMON497
Reckless Emboar: POKEMON500
Shell Armor Samurott: POKEMON503

Enjoy. ^_^
Ah, okay. I knew about the Serperior from a code someone posted earlier but I didn't realize that there were more on the way :p
Yeah, Samurott's code isn't active yet. Must be for later in the day or something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: February 06, 2015, 12:19:19 pm »

True but if I read correctly, Female also pass on their ball which I'd rather have my Bacon the reckless Emboar in a cherish ball than a normal Pokeball. (truth be told I'd rather use a luxury ball but that's impossible in this case so I'll stick with cherish balls, if possible.)
((Utter truth be told I don't see them allowing cherish balls to pass on like that but trial and error are always fun.))
My Serperior I couldn't care less as it's purely collection, like Samurott will be.
Sorry to disappoint again, but as you say, Cherish Balls don't pass on. 

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: February 06, 2015, 12:35:43 pm »

Sorry to disappoint again, but as you say, Cherish Balls don't pass on.
Figures. oh well I'd still like a female to breed with anyways, if for nothing more than Nature and ability dual ease.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: February 07, 2015, 01:23:19 pm »

Do you guys have any recommended movesets for a Breloom, a Manectric, and a Swampert? I think the rest of my team is doing pretty well, but I'm not satisfied with my Swampert's current Surf/Ice Beam/Hammer Arm/Earthquake set on account of terrible Special Attack and I need something to load Breloom and Manectric up with after I'm done catching the legendaries.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: February 07, 2015, 01:51:14 pm »

For Swampert? Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Double Edge and I guess Ice Punch for the coverage. Swampert's attack is pretty good, and M. Swampert has /great/ attack.

I wouldn't know for the other two.

EDIT: Double Edge is a breeding move, by the way, so that probably isn't an option.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: February 07, 2015, 02:10:42 pm »

Sounds like Ice Punch and Aqua Tail to replace Ice Beam and Surf, then. Thanks!

...Now I'm going to need to give it pounds and pounds of the special attack reducing berry so I can put those EVs into HP or something without straight-up retraining it. Should have thought that through more. :|
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: February 07, 2015, 02:18:02 pm »

Breloom depends on what you want to do with him.

With a toxic orb he can make for a really obnoxious status absorber with protect, leech seed, spore, and drain punch.  Use protect to block the initial status and fuck over prankster thunder wavers and the like.  Spore can at worst guarantee a double-switch and at best can allow you to set up a sweeper.

With a focus sash he can make for an equally obnoxious offensive attacker with spore, rock tomb, bullet seed, and mach punch.  Get him in with sash intact and use it to spore the enemy, then try to anticipate his switch-in.  Notably rock tomb will one-shot talonflame on the switch.
Shoes...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: February 07, 2015, 02:24:56 pm »

Toxic Orb sounds good. I'll go with that.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:26:49 pm by Tawarochir »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: February 07, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »

Oh and in case it wasn't obvious that only works if he has poison heal.  Technician is also good but you have to play offensive with it.
Shoes...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: February 07, 2015, 03:19:42 pm »

I've actually been using a poison heal-er up to this point. Comes in handy when you're trying to catch legendaries. (I've been using him as a False Swiper up to this point because I haven't used him in actual battles yet and still have a few previous-game legends to catch.)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: February 07, 2015, 04:25:42 pm »

Hey, what are you guys' opinions on Pokken Tournament? I think it's pretty cool, but I wanna hear your opinions!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: February 07, 2015, 04:41:05 pm »

Please don't use aqua tail unless you don't have waterfall.

Waterfall has 100% accuracy, a 20% chance to flinch, and is only 10 damage less than aqua tail. That 20% chance to flinch will save your life, believe me. Also waterfall is an HM that is useful outside of battle. Lastly, waterfall has 50% more PP than aqua tail.

Also, what kind of Swampert you want to use can change this a lot. M-Swampert has swift swim while the regular one has torrent. If you're going Mega form, then you might as well pack rain dance or have a drizzle user on your team for the bonus speed.

Swampert's two main STABs are waterfall and earthquake though sometimes you might see a more wall-ish Swampert use something like scald for the burn chance.

Other common offensive moves include:

1. Stone Edge - Edgequake combo is the one of the strongest coverage in the game.
2. Ice beam - Usually used when the person is running scald.
3. Ice punch - For coverage.
4. Hammer arm - Somewhat useful though the coverage is kind of poor.

Other common non-offensive moves include:

1. Stealth rock - Its uses are endless and makes a huge portion of the roster useless.
2. Roar - Swampert is great at phasing out threats due to its typing and bulk.
3. Toxic - Toxic is always great on bulky pokemon.
4. Curse - Swampert is much like Snorlax in this regard, he can slowly bulk up while sacrificing his nonexistent speed especially if you don't want to swift swim.
5. Wide guard - Used a lot in multi battles.

Honestly I think Swampert only needs earthquake and waterfall to be at its best. Anything else is just gravy. I have swept entire teams with rain dance swift swim M-Swampert too. I'm partial to this build:

Code: [Select]
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

-----------------------

Cthulhu's advice on Breloom is good, use that.

-----------------------

Manectric only has a use as a megavolution though sometimes rarely you'll see him used in multi battles for his lightning rod ability. I guarantee that it will be choiced if it isn't mega-evolved.

The build is usually something like this:

Code: [Select]
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Thunder / Discharge (multi battle)
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice] / [Grass]

In multi battles you might see it run trick because it will be choice spec-ced.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: February 08, 2015, 12:44:02 am »

Sorry, the what codes?
Three Mystery Gift codes distributed by Nintendo and also posted on Serebii.net for the Unova starters with their Hidden Abilities.  According to the dates, they should all be active now, though I haven't tried the third one yet, and will remain active until the end of November. 

Enjoy. ^_^
The Samurott code still isn't working. Does anyone know why?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: February 08, 2015, 01:23:15 pm »

Sorry, the what codes?

Enjoy. ^_^
The Samurott code still isn't working. Does anyone know why?
I don't think they've officially released Samurott yet.
-snip-
Aqua tail also seems to be an egg move or something for some absurd reason. Loading him up with Waterfall.

Not planning on Mega'ing him, so I guess that Waterfall/Ice Punch/Earthquake/Stone Edge seems pretty good.

Manectric sucks without mega'ing? Dang. I was going to go with M-Salamence. I guess I'll just sub out for something else. Absol, maybe? Might try and get a Tyranitar over and get three psuedo-legendaries on the team.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 463