Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Savage Lands: A Genetics RPG OOC  (Read 5221 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Savage Lands: A Genetics RPG OOC
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 01:23:56 pm »

They do come out fully formed. They don't really do much (because they are without a soul) and really serve as a way fro someone to continue on with life after their original body has died. You'd only lose your character if you rolled a 1 or there were other circumstances.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:18 pm »

Oh so it's more of an extra life for a player than anything else, cool.
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 01:39:36 pm »

Yeah, so the way I see it working is that a player dies and becomes a spirit. He's friends then soul meld and I make a character based on their genetics for the player to take over. Without a spirit, it's just sorta a flesh sack
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 07:23:47 pm »

Yeah, so the way I see it working is that a player dies and becomes a spirit. He's friends then soul meld and I make a character based on their genetics for the player to take over. Without a spirit, it's just sorta a flesh sack
Ah. Can we soul meld, then use the flesh sacks produced as a nigh-infinite food source?

I wonder if we can possess a corpse to produce a zombie, or an inanimate object to animate it or turn it into a golem.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »

Ah. Can we soul meld, then use the flesh sacks produced as a nigh-infinite food source?

I wonder if we can possess a corpse to produce a zombie, or an inanimate object to animate it or turn it into a golem.

I don't think that that will go well, they sort of wither quickly after being made, if uninhabited. It also takes a whole days action to make very little food. And that would be really weird....

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 11:43:49 pm »

I don't think that that will go well, they sort of wither quickly after being made, if uninhabited. It also takes a whole days action to make very little food. And that would be really weird....
Clearly, we have to fuse souls, then have a ghostly tribe member who has a bonus to possessing things to possess the resulting body, then kill him again so that the body becomes a regular corpse and the tribe member is ready to do it again.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 06:49:40 pm »

Do we still have room in this? Because if so, then I'm totally writing a sheet and such.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

Would you mind letting two characters soul meld a body for you? No one has rolled atrociously enough to die yet, but i'd like to get that aspect into the game. You can still pick your skills and stuff since you're a new player.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2015, 06:54:10 pm »

I wanna meld with the golem
so he can end up an albino man made of stone.... snow golem!
Nom nom nom

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »

Would you mind letting two characters soul meld a body for you? No one has rolled atrociously enough to die yet, but i'd like to get that aspect into the game. You can still pick your skills and stuff since you're a new player.

Yeah, that'd work. Can I still choose a genetic condition if I'm the result of a soul meld?

Spoiler: SHEET (click to show/hide)

Let me know if any of the above doesn't mesh with being the result of a soul meld thingy.
Spooky Signature

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2015, 07:01:47 pm »

I was going to use my algorithm for the character, but if you'd rather just make your own then that's ok. We can use that one. 

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 07:02:58 pm »

I was going to use my algorithm for the character, but if you'd rather just make your own then that's ok. We can use that one.

Nonono, please use the algorithm. Genetics algorithms are always fun. ALWAYS.
Spooky Signature

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2015, 07:09:18 pm »

Ok, It'll have to wait until after dinner though  :P I'll narrate your soul finding the camp in the night and then Kilakan will soul meld with Fluffy. Then you'll be good to go and have an action in that round. Think about a good story of how you died to regale your new friends  :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2015, 10:07:58 pm »

Kind of want to join.  Kind of not sure I really have the time or creativity.  Kind of want to play just for the golem named Fluffy.

Also, is !!MAD SCIENCE!! a potential skill?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2015, 11:18:18 pm »

You may have to be more specific about the mad science thing, but as of now its getting a bit full. I'm going to have to start a waitlist or something. Update in the morning, going to bed now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6