Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083399 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack 0.40.08-r2
« Reply #525 on: August 24, 2014, 11:36:49 am »

In Lua: unit.profession = df.profession.NONE
Setting profession to NONE (-1) is bound to cause all sorts of problems - if you want to reset it to its default state, you want STANDARD (i.e. Peasant).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lukesleftleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 24, 2014, 11:37:29 am »

In Lua: unit.profession = df.profession.NONE

Yep, that's done it. Thanks lethosor. :)

Edit:

Oh, STANDARD. Ok.
Now that's looking like a fine young teenager, ready to get into all sorts of adolescent hijinks.
Thanks Quietust. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:42:24 am by lukesleftleg »

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 24, 2014, 03:52:47 pm »

Now, df 0.40.10 released  :o
I am waiting dfhack since 0.40.09. :( :-X
Sorry for Grammar.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 24, 2014, 05:01:08 pm »

Quietust fork have been working under 0.40.09 Linux for a while now. At least the basic commands. I've been using it without many issues.

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 24, 2014, 06:53:01 pm »

I am waiting dfhack since 0.40.09.

Heh, same. Important lesson has been learned; just because there’s a new version of DF doesn’t mean you should upgrade straight away!

I only started using DF hack when, what… 40.06 was out? Only a couple of weeks anyway. Became a must-have tool the moment I learned how to use the autobutcher script. Now my new 40.09 fortress is being overrun with livestock and I’m beginning to wish I’d stuck with programming after highschool instead of doing psychology. At least then I could contribute something meaningful to the development rather than just wait around expecting someone else to do all the work.

I... can write a 'hello world' Javascript page if that'll help anyone out? I kinda remember that from computer science class!

...okay, well, fine, I can write 'hello world' in HTML, loudly talk about how smart I am for accomplishing the same thing with less effort, then spend an hour looking at pictures of Eva Habermann during the topless phase of her career. Close enough.
I'm Mr. Cellophane

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 24, 2014, 07:07:36 pm »

Important lesson has been learned; just because there’s a new version of DF doesn’t mean you should upgrade straight away!

Except when you have game crashing bugs that have been fixed.

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 24, 2014, 07:22:29 pm »

Guess I’ve been lucky so far. I haven’t had a single crash since the first 2014 release; biggest problem I’ve hit was dwarves not re-calculating paths and the hanging bird wildlife. Everything else just kinda worked itself out without any real issue, or was so minor I could ignore it, like my machinegunning marksmen, who were kinda cute.

(I upgraded halfway through a training cycle; the little guys went from laboriously loading/firing their crossbows to uncontrollable streams of bone bolts. I imagined their crossbows had actually been awesome mechanical crossbows the whole time and someone had just accidently switched them all from ‘single shot’ to ‘full auto’ without telling anyone. There were suddenly erratic cones of bolts flying all over the training rooms, dwarves running around frantically trying to find more ammunition… naaw. Irresponsible little guys.)
I'm Mr. Cellophane

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 25, 2014, 12:01:47 am »

Ugh... I'm trying to learn how to run DFHack... All I really know is reveal and prospect. Can someone give me a step by step instruction on how to drop a masterwork steel longsword inside my wagon? I got a dwarf to make a steel long sword, so I'd like to only hack in (at least in that world) what already exists. Thanks!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 25, 2014, 01:22:02 am »

Ugh... I'm trying to learn how to run DFHack... All I really know is reveal and prospect.

There is a documentation inside the dfhack folder (DF/dfhack/readme.html) which should be a good start for that. It's a long file, but at the top you can find a list of most plugins/commands, and look up those with interesting names :)

Can someone give me a step by step instruction on how to drop a masterwork steel longsword inside my wagon? I got a dwarf to make a steel long sword, so I'd like to only hack in (at least in that world) what already exists. Thanks!
If you already have a steel longsword crafted, you can use dfhack to change its quality to 'masterpiece':
Select the item in the DF interface, for example with the 'k' cursor. Then type into the dfhack console:
Code: [Select]
changeitem q 5
If you want to create the resources necessary for crafting, you can use the createitem command:
For example, to create 5 steel bars at the feet of a selected unit:
Select one of your dwarfs in the DF interface, for example with the 'k' or 'v' cursor. Then type into the dfhack console:
createitem BAR STEEL 5
For more info on createitem, check the readme.html and the wiki (for item and material tokens etc):
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Utility:DFHack/createitem
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Item_token
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Material_token
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:42:18 am by robertheinrich »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 25, 2014, 02:01:40 am »

Thanks a lot! I had the create item thing totally wrong, I thought it went
CREATEITEM:Sword_LONG:STEEL
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 25, 2014, 02:15:42 am »

Thanks a lot! I had the create item thing totally wrong, I thought it went
CREATEITEM:Sword_LONG:STEEL

If you want to directly create a long sword, the command would look like this:
createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG STEEL
The colon ':' is for seperating type/subtype/ID in cases where the type isn't precise enough... like here, type weapon, ID long sword. Without looking through examples and RAWs it can be a bit tricky to find the correct tokens. Looking at existing items with the command 'changeitem info' can be helpful; for example if you want to clone some of your stocks.

Simca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 25, 2014, 10:21:35 am »

A few bugs I noticed in Quietust's develop branch for DF 40.09: 'probe' crashes the game, and 'digv' seems to think you're looking at a different zlevel than you actually are (making it very difficult to use, since I had to be looking 28 zlevels below the vein I wanted to dig out, hehe).

Might not even be bugs - could be a result of this save game not being made with DFHack enabled or something.

Also, it's still much better than remaining on 40.08.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:42:52 am by Simca »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 25, 2014, 10:31:52 am »

I'm not experiencing those problems on 0.40.09 or 0.40.10. What commits (dfhack and df-structures) are you building from?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 25, 2014, 11:07:27 am »

Oh? Why?

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 25, 2014, 11:18:18 am »

Oh? Why?
Because there is a newer version, obviously.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:25:44 am by int_ua »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 360