Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083469 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3495 on: December 26, 2015, 08:38:15 pm »

I was able to save and reload fine, but started getting crashes down the road on saving, even without dfhack. I tried deleting all save files from most recent to nemesis, and on reload/save they were all reconstructed except for one unit, so I assume it was corrupted.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: December 26, 2015, 10:26:48 pm »

I just made a world and started out here:
Code: [Select]
231: Storluturvad, "Dimpleseal", town
        Owner: The Uncertain Hatchet, dwarves
        Parent Civ: The Waxy Pillars, dwarves
        lady: Domas Tuskdyes, dwarf
        9477 dwarves
        523 humans
        2425 cats
        10 horses
        480 blue peafowls
        2 alligator outcasts
        141 human outcasts
        19 dwarf outcasts
        1 saltwater crocodile outcast
        20 amphibian man outcasts
        1 elf outcast

Didn't crash despite repeated saves, roaming around, etc, not sure what was causing you to crash Uzu but population alone doesn't seem to be it.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: December 26, 2015, 11:55:28 pm »

No, I recall unit corruption was an occasional issue with using gm-editor. It's always been an "at-your-own-risk" plugin.

StubbsPKS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: December 27, 2015, 02:14:54 pm »

Okay, some commands are missing from your dfhack.init. Are you using a pack? The dfhack.init-example file should contain the default commands, so if you can't figure it out, you can add "script dfhack.init-example" on a new line somewhere in dfhack.init.

I am using a pack, but it doesn't ship with DFHack yet. I'll look around for that file. Thanks a bunch! Have a great holiday!

Edit: You are my hero. It turns out I didn't actually HAVE a dfhack.init. I just took the example file, made a copy and renamed.
It should load dfhack.init-example if dfhack.init doesn't exist. Did it not do that?

Oh, it indeed did not do that for me.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: December 27, 2015, 02:17:31 pm »

It should load dfhack.init-example if dfhack.init doesn't exist. Did it not do that?

It should, and multiple DFHack devs on Windows say that it does. Are you sure that you had a dfhack.init-example file and not a dfhack.init file (not even an empty one)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: December 27, 2015, 04:02:13 pm »

It should, and multiple DFHack devs on Windows say that it does. Are you sure that you had a dfhack.init-example file and not a dfhack.init file (not even an empty one)?

I absolutely did not have the dfhack.init file. I downloaded dfhack seperately and not part of a pack. Its ok though, its pretty easy to fix once you know how.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: December 27, 2015, 04:38:36 pm »

I absolutely did not have the dfhack.init file. I downloaded dfhack seperately and not part of a pack. Its ok though, its pretty easy to fix once you know how.
Oh, did you have a file that had "dfhack" in its name and ended with ".init"?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: December 27, 2015, 09:00:18 pm »

Oh, did you have a file that had "dfhack" in its name and ended with ".init"?

No, when I downloaded dfhack there was no file called dfhack.init

Instead there was a file called dfhack.init-example

The dfhack.init-example file was not being read by dfhack

To fix the issue I renamed the dfhack.init-example file to dfhack.init and that solved the issue.

I'm just trying to be helpful here since it was a issue I and seemingly a few others have had. Just reporting it really and providing a fix for anyone with a similar issue.

If specifics are helpful. I am running windows 7. I also still have the unzipped dfhack file if you need it. I don't imagine this is a huge issue though.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: December 27, 2015, 09:30:48 pm »

No, were there files like "dfhack_stuff.init" or "stuff_dfhack.init"? There was an issue where it wouldn't load dfhack.init-example if any files like that existed, which I hopefully just fixed (at least, that's the most likely explanation I can think of).

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: December 27, 2015, 10:40:39 pm »

is there a good way to increase exp gain from socializing with dfhack?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: December 27, 2015, 11:02:28 pm »

No, were there files like "dfhack_stuff.init" or "stuff_dfhack.init"? There was an issue where it wouldn't load dfhack.init-example if any files like that existed, which I hopefully just fixed (at least, that's the most likely explanation I can think of).

Yep, that would be it. The pack still had the extra init files, as I hadn't anticipated that problem.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: December 27, 2015, 11:11:12 pm »

is there a good way to increase exp gain from socializing with dfhack?

Check every unit every tick for skill gains and increase them further where applicable.

Alternately, you could use SKILL_LEARN_RATE.

Andys

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: December 28, 2015, 05:35:23 am »

Did you have a dfhack.init file? If you didn't, DFHack should have loaded dfhack.init-example and told you.
I don't think so.
That's an old way to provide a config documentation - you name it "something...example" and include every possible configuration option with comments.
User himself copies the file, removes the "example" path and comments out those option he doesn't need.
This "example" file itself is not loaded, it's only acts as more practical version of documentation.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: December 28, 2015, 08:54:35 am »

Did you have a dfhack.init file? If you didn't, DFHack should have loaded dfhack.init-example and told you.
I don't think so.
That's an old way to provide a config documentation - you name it "something...example" and include every possible configuration option with comments.
User himself copies the file, removes the "example" path and comments out those option he doesn't need.
This "example" file itself is not loaded, it's only acts as more practical version of documentation.
Yes, but DFHack is supposed to load dfhack.init-example if it can't find dfhack.init and display a warning, because at one point enough people who installed DFHack didn't read the documentation and were complaining that DFHack tools weren't working.
(Apparently the problem here was that DFHack would treat any dfhack*.init file as acceptable, and PE's pack was still distributing dfhack_onload_pylnp.init or something similar, so DFHack loaded that and didn't check for dfhack.init.)

figment

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: December 29, 2015, 12:01:22 am »

Well on the topic of dfhack on 0.42.03, I built it on windows 2 days ago and have had absolutely no problems with it in Adventure mode.  I even updated my adv_teleport plugin and it still works fine with slight modifications but still has the companions dont teleport with you problem.  I've been all over and at least the things I do with dfhack has not been an issue especially if I'm idle. 
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 360