Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 81247 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.2
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2012, 10:19:39 pm »

if they're not redemptionists themselves, they're probably sinners anyways
This.. :D or they are attacking to press gang them into service knowing they are easier to convert.

"whats that? you dont want to leave your family to join the church..."
*sound of purging flames*
"there now you dont have a family"

If there was a way to have your parent civ never send a caravan I would do that, and make another caravan only civ. Would be a good workaround for some current problems.

I did have an idea about RAWs that randomise before each worldgen (or on command with a batchfile) but I dont have any idea how to code textparsers/modifiers. There have been other attempts to make this on B12 in the past but none ever really worked.

IF this were possible we could have a random house gang come to trade with you, and another that comes to attack you, cycling them with each worldgen. CRAZY ideas!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2012, 10:29:18 pm »

Remove all ability of the parent civ to tame any pack animals.

-----

Mind uploading to the DFFD? MediaFire doesn't seem to be working right now...Not for me, at least.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »

Remove all ability of the parent civ to tame any pack animals.
I must do some !!SCIENCE!! as in the new release version I'm testing, the home civ already has no pack animals... and they are still arriving with a caravan.

I havent set up a DFFD account yet. Destroid and I use a shared Mediafire account but since several people have requested a DFFD link I guess the next release will be on there.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 05, 2012, 10:55:37 pm »

It might be hardcoded or something. Or they simply use the animals big enough to pull wagons in absence of pack critters. Grox most certainly seem big enough to drag a wagon.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2012, 11:46:48 pm »

We use mediafire because it's faster and doesn't require an account for us to upload, but in future we will probably do both.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2012, 01:53:56 am »

i really hope that someone will release a Gorka Morka version of this mod...

dakka dakka dakka...
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2012, 02:06:47 am »

Honestly we did discuss this. If there were vehicles in DF then most likely you would already have a Gorkamorka mod. I would be happy to play anyone else's Gorkamorka mod... GET CRAKIN BOYZ!

Between the Morks and Gorks, Grot Pirates, Mutie riders and Diggas, the worldgen is set to be AWESOME! Plenty of background fluff to draw from. Plus Orks have differing sizes/bodyshapes (Nobs and Bosses are HUGERerer), cool weapons, ect. Building above ground forts out of scrap metal would be amazingly cool. Language files can be modified as well. Hell, just get it made already!

:D

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2012, 02:11:37 am »

dakka dakka dakka...

DF might not be the best platform for Gorkamorka, seeing as to how the focus of the game is on roving warbands, less settlements. Certainly, I don't see orks lounging about in meeting halls when there's fightan to be done. Not many of the items, creatures and civs transplant and certainly none of the terrain. Something like Mount and Blade might be a better option, or an original vidya. Then again GW's cold fingers have been known to be nigh-impossible to pry from their IP.

Speaking of, this mod could use the GW mantra of legalese proclaiming their intellectual ownership over all things bar the quintessences of violence and outer space, as a holy ward against marauding lawyers (beware their deadly C&D orders.)
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2012, 02:21:34 am »

Oh god lawyers....

QUICK MAKE THEM AN ENEMY!

No I'm kidding, that'd be silly (says the guy who is adamant that Angry Marines are canon and treat them as such...)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2012, 02:41:14 am »

Mind if I write up something?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2012, 07:41:32 am »

It might be hardcoded or something. Or they simply use the animals big enough to pull wagons in absence of pack critters. Grox most certainly seem big enough to drag a wagon.

[WAGONPULLER] or whatever is a separate tag. It is required for anything that wants to pull a wagon. Yes, that means that even the largest of creatures can't pull wagons unless they have that neat little tag. Even dragons. Even giant sperm whales! Okay, that actually kinda makes sense...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2012, 03:06:49 pm »

Stop crushing my dreams! D:

But yeah, if there are wagons, I'd imaigne something would have to be used somewhere.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2012, 04:19:55 pm »

If legality comes into it, I would probably prefer to change all the IP to something else. Guild traders visiting the Survivalists in the abandoned undercity... They wield "automatic guns". Scabby warbands and Repenters come to attack your settlement...

I love GW games, but I'd prefer to move things over than to give them any satisfaction

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2012, 04:32:29 pm »

Here's some stuff I made for you guys so you can focus on cooler stuff. Lost supply caches and recovering them.

The Lost Supply Ore. Might have to tweak the cluster numbers btw.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The ration bars you get from the caches

The rations cases you have to unpack

Unloading rations reactant

Salvaging supplies. Due to the fact that supply caches are relatively rare, you can get some pretty good stuff from these.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:19:42 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2012, 04:55:00 pm »

Thanks for that. Couple of points tho.

Whats different between Ration bars and Synthcakes at the moment?
Labour cost on the salvaging is way too low compared to everything else in the mod.
The value of the plasteel box that you get every time outweighs the random get value most of the time
There is a chance you will get HEAPS of those items from a salvage attempt.

Also try to think of a way that it can interface with the existing salvage industry
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:00:11 pm by Abregado »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20