Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2190 2191 [2192]

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2848542 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32865 on: May 16, 2024, 08:22:50 am »

Same.  Yeah some of the climactic events were a surprise, but I felt like they were strongly built up to.  I kinda expected a rugpull and another season of the same formula recipe, and I was pleasantly surprised!  And shocked in a good way.

I am sorta surprised that two characters didn't literally kiss though, based on how the fandom reacted /j
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32866 on: May 16, 2024, 04:48:29 pm »

I also think that Laios is maybe a fairly accurate portrayal of Asperger's Syndrome in a character. As in, he's a high functioning autistic. Kinda socially dysfunctional, narrow interests, and inability to read people's emotions. Additionally, I think Kabru would be your textbook psychopath, with his superficial charm and otherwise ruthless behavior.

I don't know if any other characters would be considered "Textbook cases of..." but I just think that adds additional depth to the characters to make them interesting.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32867 on: May 21, 2024, 08:27:53 pm »

I powered through both seasons of Vinland Saga. I've heard nothing but praise for the series for a long time, but my own stubborn loyalty to shitty games and appetite for trash entertainment usually keeps me away from anything that is actually 'good'. I started it up regardless though, and finally had my Danny Devito moment of "Oh my god, I get it now." cause it really did live up to the hype.

Starting up the manga at the cutoff point now. I'm extremely pleased.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32868 on: May 21, 2024, 09:48:25 pm »

... does the anime have the scene where they ask the drunk priest who has the better god? That's one of only like two or three things I remember from the last time I read through what manga was available in english.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32869 on: May 21, 2024, 11:10:39 pm »

... does the anime have the scene where they ask the drunk priest who has the better god? That's one of only like two or three things I remember from the last time I read through what manga was available in english.

Yeah it has that scene. From what I can tell the manga has gone way past that point.
Pages: 1 ... 2190 2191 [2192]