Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2190 2191 [2192]

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2860162 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32865 on: May 16, 2024, 08:22:50 am »

Same.  Yeah some of the climactic events were a surprise, but I felt like they were strongly built up to.  I kinda expected a rugpull and another season of the same formula recipe, and I was pleasantly surprised!  And shocked in a good way.

I am sorta surprised that two characters didn't literally kiss though, based on how the fandom reacted /j
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32866 on: May 16, 2024, 04:48:29 pm »

I also think that Laios is maybe a fairly accurate portrayal of Asperger's Syndrome in a character. As in, he's a high functioning autistic. Kinda socially dysfunctional, narrow interests, and inability to read people's emotions. Additionally, I think Kabru would be your textbook psychopath, with his superficial charm and otherwise ruthless behavior.

I don't know if any other characters would be considered "Textbook cases of..." but I just think that adds additional depth to the characters to make them interesting.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32867 on: May 21, 2024, 08:27:53 pm »

I powered through both seasons of Vinland Saga. I've heard nothing but praise for the series for a long time, but my own stubborn loyalty to shitty games and appetite for trash entertainment usually keeps me away from anything that is actually 'good'. I started it up regardless though, and finally had my Danny Devito moment of "Oh my god, I get it now." cause it really did live up to the hype.

Starting up the manga at the cutoff point now. I'm extremely pleased.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32868 on: May 21, 2024, 09:48:25 pm »

... does the anime have the scene where they ask the drunk priest who has the better god? That's one of only like two or three things I remember from the last time I read through what manga was available in english.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32869 on: May 21, 2024, 11:10:39 pm »

... does the anime have the scene where they ask the drunk priest who has the better god? That's one of only like two or three things I remember from the last time I read through what manga was available in english.

Yeah it has that scene. From what I can tell the manga has gone way past that point.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32870 on: May 28, 2024, 08:14:15 pm »

I'm really enjoying Kaiju No. 8 at the moment. It's been pretty hyped but living up to it in my view. It started with some great and interesting sci-fi world building (the main character starts off as cleaning crew removing the corpses of alien kaiju from the streets), which is slowly veering towards more traditional action, but with decent animation and a plot that's holding up so far. Also the main character is refreshingly in his early-30s (which is played for comedic effect). I don't want to see any more anime that solve the issue of their aging fanbase by hitting the character with a truck and putting them into the body of an angsty child in a fantasy world.

I'm returning to manga again after a long time only watching anime, since the last two seasons of new anime a bit slow for new material. Billy Bat is a lot of fun but I don't want to give too much away. It's a manga by Naoki Urasawa, of Monster and Pluto fame. I'm about halfway through, most of the plot draws on real-life history but twists it just enough that I end up reading wiki pages about world history along with a few of the chapters.

Chainsaw Man is in its second manga arc. Both the plot and the comedy in the manga are simply off-the-rails at this point. I don't know how it's going to go but I laugh a few times a chapter from the absurdity of it all.
Spoiler: CSM 166 (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32871 on: May 30, 2024, 02:29:22 am »

I'm slowly going through the Vinland Saga manga. Very peak, to say the least:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 2190 2191 [2192]