Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403456 times)

Tapeworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r1
« Reply #1230 on: April 08, 2012, 08:34:06 pm »

@tapeworm: try using changelayer on the aquifer, change it to a material that cannot contain an aquifer and see what happens

Doesn't work, the tiles act as aquifers even when they're changed to non-aquifer soil. Tiletypes doesn't seem to let me remove that water_table flag, either.

Edit: No, t just didn't work the first time, but it does now. Strange.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:39:42 am by Tapeworm »

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 08, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »

I wish revflood would hide what's behind constructed walls again. I hope this is fixed for the next release.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1232 on: April 08, 2012, 09:56:11 pm »

There are several reasons why revflood reveals through constructed walls, but here's the most important one: if you remove a construction, hidden tiles behind it will not be revealed, so any jobs issued there will result in a flood of "could not find path" job cancellations.

Why are you trying to hide tiles behind constructions, anyways?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 09, 2012, 12:03:39 am »

There are several reasons why revflood reveals through constructed walls, but here's the most important one: if you remove a construction, hidden tiles behind it will not be revealed, so any jobs issued there will result in a flood of "could not find path" job cancellations.

Mainly to hide my ugly plumbing system. Also when building in soil layers, I was hoping to dig it a little bit bigger then cover the sand walls with stone walls and hide the ugly.

I wonder if there are ways to work around the issues you speak of.

Akhram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 09, 2012, 12:11:15 am »

Mainly to hide my ugly plumbing system. Also when building in soil layers, I was hoping to dig it a little bit bigger then cover the sand walls with stone walls and hide the ugly.

I know that feel bro, im stick to this :)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:29 am »

I thought it, I tried it, but it seems it doesn't work. To be more specific: Firstly I tried it with command "changelayer" and it really didn't change layer under cursor (and still don't). Now I tried it for other commands and it seems work right so far.

Changelayer sometimes doesn't work at certain cursor positions. Don't ask why, I haven't found out yet. It does change the layer's geology but sometimes that doesn't directly affect the game map like it should. Probably a buffering issue. Try moving the cursor to another tile of that layer, preferrably at another z level, and try changelayer again. Sooner or later you'll find a "good" position. (the same is happening with changevein, by the way, but less often)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 09, 2012, 03:11:40 am »

THere is.

Use liquids to place obsidian there. It will block the reveal, and also make it so things get revealed if you dig through there. plus you can engrave it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 09, 2012, 10:38:26 am »

I seem to have been making a lot of requests lately.

You know that bug where sometimes migrants come in as 'friendly' and just sit at the map edge?  Any chance of a bugfix utility for that?  Or is the bug not just something that can be fixed by changing a variable?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 09, 2012, 12:04:46 pm »

You know that bug where sometimes migrants come in as 'friendly' and just sit at the map edge?  Any chance of a bugfix utility for that?  Or is the bug not just something that can be fixed by changing a variable?

Do you have a 34.06 or 34.07 savegame with such migrants? It might be possible to force them into your civilization. For the time being you will be able to pit them with the next dfhack release :)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:11 pm »

Yes I do actually.  Pretty heavily modded, but it has those weird migrants (and quite a few dead ones, it's been happening for years in this fort) I'll throw it up on DFFD.  I'm guessing there's a mantis report that needs a save for that too then?

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6139 for .07

Ah pitting them sounds very useful. Keep them from blocking the migrant tile, and get them inside so they stop filling all my coffins every siege.  I also had some cave crocs earlier that got themselves stuck in my fortress' plumbing and wouldn't let the siege flag go away.  That would have been handy for putting them someplace where my military could have dealt with them too.

Instead I just modded out their brains and watched them die.  But teleporting them someplace accessible and chopping them up would have been more satisfying.  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:39:45 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 09, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »

Yes I do actually.  Pretty heavily modded, but it has those weird migrants (and quite a few dead ones, it's been happening for years in this fort) I'll throw it up on DFFD.  I'm guessing there's a mantis report that needs a save for that too then?

You have a weird fort going on there... egg-laying winged reptiles as player race? Do they breed on nestboxes? :)

Anyways, there is a solution which fixes your migrants and it seems to work fine without side-effects. The wounded got looked after, the dead buried and the healthy started working. They show up in the unit screen and have proper thoughts etc when you look at them. Some more testing would be required if  the fix works in all cases without weirdness. For the time being (i.e. before Toady fixes it himself or a new dfhack version offers a more convenient tweak) you can do the following:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:21:58 pm by robertheinrich »

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 09, 2012, 06:39:55 pm »

Hello, I've been running a fort in a world specifically generated to have no hostile races getting all up in my business, but oh look a 50-strong undead siege in my first year. I have no military, no weapons, and no defense. What's the easiest way to zot these zombies out of existence? Asking here since DFhack seems to be my best hope, that or RAW editing.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 09, 2012, 06:43:34 pm »

Use liquids to draw obsidian walls around the zombies (if you want to keep them for later on, but then the siege will continue until you kill them). Or drown them with magma:

type 'keybinding set F9 liquids-here'
type 'liquids' to enter the liquids tool (default is magma at 1 tile, so if you just want to use magma you don't need to do that)
type 'o' for painting obsidian
type 'q' to exit liquids again
move the ingame cursor over a tile where you want your magma/obsidian and press F9

for magma, you should spawn it 1 z above the zombies so it will flow down on them
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:48:26 pm by robertheinrich »

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 09, 2012, 06:45:00 pm »

I'll try walling them in and dumping magma.

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 09, 2012, 07:21:17 pm »

Well, it worked. The zombies are taking a WHILE to die from the magma, but they can't hurt anyone anymore. Now my map has some neat obsidian landmarks!
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 373