Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403456 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3300 on: March 17, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »

region-pops incr CRUNDLE 300

or

region-pops incr CREATURE:CRUNDLE 300

region-pops incr BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM 300

Tried both with Parentheses and without
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: March 17, 2013, 02:27:13 pm »

Works fine for me, the first one does. You have to make sure the creature exists already, note.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:29:03 pm by Putnam »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: March 17, 2013, 04:35:51 pm »

Works fine for me, the first one does. You have to make sure the creature exists already, note.

You mean, the creature population must be greater than 0? The commands also don't work for DINGO, of which there are 3000+

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: March 18, 2013, 01:27:56 am »

You mean, the creature population must be greater than 0? The commands also don't work for DINGO, of which there are 3000+

The local creature population must exist, i.e. it must already be possible for it to appear on your map in your biome.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: March 18, 2013, 01:44:55 am »

The local creature population must exist, i.e. it must already be possible for it to appear on your map in your biome.

This plugin looks very interesting.
So does this mean I can use it to say refill the GCS population on a map where I almost hunted them down to extinction (i.e. there is still at least one left in the local population pool that could appear in my biome) - OR - could I possibly repopulate a whole world that has lost all population due to a bug (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6220) (i.e. a species is completely extinct in the whole world)?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: March 18, 2013, 01:56:11 am »

Yes, that's the bug I want to fix. Thing is, in a biome with dingoes, I still can't affect their population, which had led me to believe that there were some esoteric "population tokens."

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: March 18, 2013, 12:24:31 pm »

Yes, that's the bug I want to fix. Thing is, in a biome with dingoes, I still can't affect their population, which had led me to believe that there were some esoteric "population tokens."

Are they listed on "region-pops list" or "region-pops list-all"? If all they're wandering in from 'outside' and aren't thus 'local'. "region-pops incr-all DINGO (number)" would be what you need.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: March 18, 2013, 12:37:38 pm »

Are they listed on "region-pops list" or "region-pops list-all"? If all they're wandering in from 'outside' and aren't thus 'local'. "region-pops incr-all DINGO (number)" would be what you need.

The exact set that you should be able to modify is printed by list-all, i.e. in other words if it isn't there, it won't be recognized. List without all should be printing only animals that you've already actually had arrive on your map, or something like that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: March 18, 2013, 01:20:54 pm »

What is the true transformation plugin? It's not in the https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/0.34.11-r3/Readme.rst
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: March 18, 2013, 03:33:17 pm »

The exact set that you should be able to modify is printed by list-all, i.e. in other words if it isn't there, it won't be recognized. List without all should be printing only animals that you've already actually had arrive on your map, or something like that.

They can't have wandered in, since their population is 0. 3 of the worlds I've tested have no cold regions, and thus no polar bears or others even with "list-all," but the cave creatures are still listed as population 0. I'm trying to solve the bug where cave creatures vanish after a while of playing adventure mode, because I want to encounter them in adventure mode. I just used Dingoes as an example because I had seen them. "region pops-list" in adventure mode returns nothing.

I did not know that you had to specify the creature after incr-all, I just thought that it incremented ALL populations, so that explains why my attempts weren't working. I'll try it later, see if it works.

Heimdall86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: March 18, 2013, 05:34:41 pm »

Can someone help me out real quick. Say i wanted to create-items a steel breastplate or a steel axe. How would i go about entering that into the console? Or is this just materials blocks, logs?

munki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: March 18, 2013, 06:07:29 pm »

It appears the OS X download link in the OP is either broken, or the file in question was never uploaded:

Warning: fopen(dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Darwin.tar.gz) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/40/8553340/html/dfhack/download/download.php on line 27

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/40/8553340/html/dfhack/download/download.php on line 59

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: March 18, 2013, 06:40:04 pm »

Is there any way to check if an item has a "subtype" struct in it? Because it's either don't check or get an error where I am.

EDIT: ref._type

welp
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:50:52 pm by Putnam »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3313 on: March 18, 2013, 07:08:53 pm »

Can someone help me out real quick. Say i wanted to create-items a steel breastplate or a steel axe. How would i go about entering that into the console? Or is this just materials blocks, logs?
The "create-items" script can only create a few specific simple types of items - if you want to create something else, then you should use the "createitem" plugin (which I apparently forgot to add to the NEWS file) which creates a temporary custom reaction and 'performs' it using a specific unit (and leaks a tiny bit of memory each time you invoke it, but unless you're invoking it hundreds of thousands of times in a single gameplay session you're never going to notice it).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 18, 2013, 07:20:06 pm »

It appears the OS X download link in the OP is either broken, or the file in question was never uploaded:

Warning: fopen(dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Darwin.tar.gz) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/40/8553340/html/dfhack/download/download.php on line 27

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/40/8553340/html/dfhack/download/download.php on line 59

Huh. Not sure what's going on there; I'll bug peterix about it.

In the meantime, you're welcome to download the OS X version from http://topazgryphon.org/df/df_osx_hack.zip.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 373