Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Grim Grimoire - The Realistic Commune Mod (34.07)(0.6)  (Read 36926 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Grim Grimoire - The Realistic Commune Mod (34.07)(0.6)
« on: March 10, 2012, 07:30:36 pm »

Hugo, myself and a few others I'm sure have made plans to combine current and previous realism mods that have surfaced recently. This is similar to many of the threads that are collections of things contributed by other people, this one works a little different though. Basically everyone is allowed to contribute, but it will be entered into the end result package, instead of everything separately listed.

So here it is, This is here for things that make the game more realistic and FUN. This can be realistic weapons, material re-hauls, improved body parts, whatever adds more realism to DF. I have no idea how things will be for implementation, if it'll be a general consensus or so on but this is just starting out, we'll see where we're going. It's all for the greater good. This OP is also very rough draft right now.

Features:
-Realistic re-haul of body tissue composition, and re-haul of the different tissue layers.
-More realistic body placement such as a real neck, and improved fingers.
-Improved spine for more realistic damaging.
-Realistic weapon re-balancing, with more historical names.

Soon to come(Possibilities):
-More realistic butchery products?

Modules included are:
San Diego's Realistic Tissue
HugotheDwarf's Advanced Bone Structure Not Needed Anymore
Nihilist's Brain Stem Project
Grimlocke's Realistic/Historical Weapons

Changelog

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Files:
v0.6
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6260
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:04:37 pm by Vherid »

Kent Able

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Grimoire - The Realistic Commune Mod (34.05)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »

Nice. I'll take it for a spin now that I don't have to do much of fiddly bits merging those mods and doing diffs every new version. Thanks to all the modders for their work!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:07:25 pm »

cool, ill swap this with just Hugos mod in my sig,

so as a side effect of reworking how the neck/head/torso connection works, do you think you could add in the wrestling ability to snap necks, if you think its too deadly consider that choking is also a one frame KO.
(sorry if you already added this  ;))

good luck on this guys, and i would definitely use this for every version of DF until toady adds it to the base game. (albeit in a codified form, not a modded form.)

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 09:07:07 pm »

Is this only realism only for fighting, or would you like to stock cuts of meat that are named for the parts of the body they are cut from?
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:32:52 pm »

cool, ill swap this with just Hugos mod in my sig,

so as a side effect of reworking how the neck/head/torso connection works, do you think you could add in the wrestling ability to snap necks

Sure sounds doable, Just as simple as adding [JOINT] to the NECK (SPINE)

Is this only realism only for fighting, or would you like to stock cuts of meat that are named for the parts of the body they are cut from?
That can be done if someone takes the time to run that up, Personally I'm just working on fingers and toes atm. So if you, or some else wants to add specific cuts (rib eye steaks, ribs, bacon, lamb's leg, etc...) feel free to post it here (or PM Vherid the raws (not quite sure on that one better ask Vherid first :P ))

@Bombzero
I had no idea you had included the ABS in your sig :P

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 09:56:11 pm »

That can be done if someone takes the time to run that up, Personally I'm just working on fingers and toes atm. So if you, or some else wants to add specific cuts (rib eye steaks, ribs, bacon, lamb's leg, etc...) feel free to post it here (or PM Vherid the raws (not quite sure on that one better ask Vherid first  ))

This is my notes i used to make my butchermod in DF 31.25  I used different templates for the beef, pork, other mammals, and birds...
It may still work for the current version, but I heard a rumor that materials have to be changed outside the creature.  ....Oh I almost forgot to get the premium cuts of meat bacon, and sausages I used reactions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:03:09 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 10:11:17 pm »

About the butchery mod: Does this add a significant number of butchery products, or does it change the "16 cow meat" into several sections ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »

@Courtesy
Nice, Must have took alooooot of time for that (quite a wall of text)

@Fingers
I have just quickly mocked this up for a place holder

The default Body Detail Plan needs to be altered to include FINGER_TIP and nails have to be assigned to FINGER_TIP not FINGER some with scratch attacks, must point to Finger tips.
Thanks to the error log this is what I get to see:
tip, middle, middle finger, right hand

that is how it shows up in combat logs when attacked and viewed when removed.

Sooooo.... I have to find a better naming convention for finger segments or just goto vanilla's naming "first finger, second finger, etc"

Just did a quick arena test, I bit off another dwarf's middle index finger. In the dwarf's description it reads:
"Her middle, Index Finger, Right Hand is gone."

Anyone have any better way of naming finger parts? that is before I add knuckles (joints)

EDIT:
the severed finger segment seems to bleed quite a bit, anyone know how to limit how much a severed BP bleeds?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:31:15 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 10:39:53 pm »

Your method of naming seems the best for me, something I also noticed about fingernails is that they only grow from the tip of the finger and don't cover the top, and that you can give them a color, but i haven't got that to show up in the description.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 11:11:06 pm »

Ok got the complete fingers done (Note anything less then 5 fingers are called First, Second, etc..)

Spoiler: Fingers (click to show/hide)

Also [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS] needs this line added under FINGER:
   [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER_TIP:ARG4:25:ARG3:25:ARG2:5:ARG1:1]
(NOTE this can be added to the other Detail Plans as well just for safety measures)

And a Find/Replace needs to be done for all humanoid creatures
Find: FINGER
Replace: FINGER_TIP

do this for all:
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
and scratch attacks

Also knuckles (basically joints for fingers, they are catagorized as JOINT so there is nothing else to add other then dropping them into the BODY tag in a creature or merging them into the #FINGERS body plans)
Spoiler: Knuckles (untested) (click to show/hide)

I will maybe do toes tomorrow, but they are simple as well. Oddly enough they have the same amount of segments as fingers do.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 12:31:20 am »

nice, but i see a problem.

will this not be like adding decorative body parts to creatures, in that the randomized targeting makes them unkillable due to hitting tiny ass parts?
unless of course you can still only attack individual fingers...

EDIT: umm is it bad that the main reason i have this and Masterwork in my sig is so i can check them easier?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:59:43 am by bombzero »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 11:33:42 am »

nice, but i see a problem.

will this not be like adding decorative body parts to creatures, in that the randomized targeting makes them unkillable due to hitting tiny ass parts?
unless of course you can still only attack individual fingers...

EDIT: umm is it bad that the main reason i have this and Masterwork in my sig is so i can check them easier?

It could, But with the RT (Realistic Tissues) fingers/toes will feel more pain/bleed more. But as far as I know all that is being added is more complete fingers and toes. Maybe even genitals other then that I tihnk that is all that can be addd to vanilla Body Plans. The rest would probally be more tissues/materials (marrow within bones? stronger skulls)

Of course with the fact of gentials they could be added, but there is no way of giving a BP [REPRODUCTION] so a dwarf missing his testes or a dwarf with a damaged womb/tubes could still reproduce. Only thing it would serve was to be flavour and/or another place to cause pain.

I don't think that is bad reason, these are two things that really tickle your fancy. Kinda like how somepeople fav certain websites they vist often, it jut makes life a little bit easier

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 03:06:20 pm »

hmm, isn't it possible to make smaller parts of a limb count as just one limb, but still be hittable by targeting the larger part?

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 03:11:34 pm »

It is possible to add sterile with a syndrome, maybe the testes/ovaries could contain a gas layer like the ironman that adds the sterile tag,  but it could affect the person that attacks the testes as well.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 03:16:21 pm »

Yes... By making it INTERNAL/EMBEDDED to the hand but the problem would be that the fingers can now no longer be severed.

With how I have it Gloves and Shoes might need a LPSTEP:MAX to cover those digits.

But back to making smaller limbs count as a part of a larger, Somebody might have the formula for that. I don't mess around with Body Parts too too much.

Also another thing. Teeth should be worked on. Cause now that NUMBER:XX just causes a shower of teeth to got flying when they are hit, instead of getting knocked out indiv.

Now yes in RL someone can have all or most of their teeth knocked out in one go. But I've seen people only lose a single or two teeth from an impact before.

It is possible to add sterile with a syndrome, maybe the testes/ovaries could contain a gas layer like the ironman that adds the sterile tag,  but it could affect the person that attacks the testes as well.
That can be doable if just a contact syndrome that also enters blood, I'm sure the injuried part being cut open and covered with that syndrome should affect only the injuried (unless the attacker has a open cut on his/her finger)

But then again Syndrom stuff is tricky, and making a material that doen'st boil away asap before it can put it's contact on is a challenge.

This is all theories. But if we could get this STERILE to work, then hot damn.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11