Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970679 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #11730 on: April 12, 2014, 01:41:24 am »

In terms of roll systems, how much of difference should stats acually make?
A fair bit.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: April 12, 2014, 01:50:41 am »

Hmm... I wonder if we could use a system where dice number is based on stats? Such as one where [stat] six-sided die are rolled and the total is taken or a dice-pool system? Which would be fairer, would it be superior to the current system?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: April 12, 2014, 02:00:10 am »

In the former case, the addition of 1 stat point adds 1-6 units to each roll, comparatively using dice pools, adding 1 stat point gives a 1/6 chance of subtracting 1, a 2/6 chance of having no effect, a 2/6 chance of adding 1 and a 1/6 chance of adding 2.

On average, adding 1 point in
Dice Addition results in a +3
Dice Pool results in a +1.5

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: April 12, 2014, 02:08:37 am »

So with the proposed system, Yomiko who has a Mind of 50 would roll 50d6 and she would have a min-max of 50-300 where as Will would have 40-240?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: April 12, 2014, 02:11:52 am »

In the former case, the addition of 1 stat point adds 1-6 units to each roll, comparatively using dice pools, adding 1 stat point gives a 1/6 chance of subtracting 1, a 2/6 chance of having no effect, a 2/6 chance of adding 1 and a 1/6 chance of adding 2.

That would probably require me to redo the entire system, as it was designed for using d100 and barely adapted for d50. Which is a pain.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: April 12, 2014, 02:15:33 am »

The only problem I have with a stats = 1d6 is determining the DC of an action. Too low and you have people auto successing their actions. Too high and you have people auto-failing.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: April 12, 2014, 02:22:09 am »

So with the proposed system, Yomiko who has a Mind of 50 would roll 50d6 and she would have a min-max of 50-300 where as Will would have 40-240?
That was the first system. In the second system, Yomiko would have a min-max of -50 to 100 and Will would have one of -40 to 80.

That would probably require me to redo the entire system, as it was designed for using d100 and barely adapted for d50. Which is a pain.
Perhaps it may work without much conversion necessary?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: April 12, 2014, 02:53:26 am »

Wait, come to think of it, does the nature of the actual weapon actually matter? For example, does a sniper rifle gain penalties a close range due to its long barrel? Do pistols suffer from their weaker projectiles relative to rifles? Does using a scythe gain penalties due to scythes being gardening tools with an impractical shape for combat use? Do trained combatants gain penalties against scythes due to having no idea how to fight someone attacking them whilst wielding gardening tools with an impractical shape for combat use?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: April 12, 2014, 03:09:52 am »

I think in that case, Simplicity is best...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: April 12, 2014, 03:14:21 am »

Still would be hilarious if Nodoka charged off into combat only to see hit results such as [DEX vs DEX] [-10 vs -23].
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:16:26 am by Empiricist »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: April 12, 2014, 03:48:59 am »

hey cado, your sig is cut off
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: April 12, 2014, 08:38:10 am »

Most people don't even keep track of their mana.
Doesn't it recharge fully every 15 posts anyways?

Now we need a plot revolving around learning the female PCs and NPCs of the castle's bra size.
We really don't.

Why is angst the default RP mode anyway? :P
Because it's easier than proper drama?

Abbreviation of Rise of the Magic Girls ((V2)): RotMG
Abbreviation of Realm of the Mad God: RotMG
CONSPIRACY!?!?

but really, anyone wanna play rotmg w/ me?
I already am. I just posted something.

In terms of roll systems, how much of difference should stats actually make?
I'd say that typical stats should matter as much or a bit less than the die rolls.

Hmm... I wonder if we could use a system where dice number is based on stats? Such as one where [stat] six-sided die are rolled and the total is taken or a dice-pool system? Which would be fairer, would it be superior to the current system?
Well, unless we divided our stats by ~10 that would be insane.
But something like that could work. Shadowrun has a similar system (well, the edition my dad has rulebooks for did; I've heard that it's changed for the complex).

The only problem I have with a stats = 1d6 is determining the DC of an action. Too low and you have people auto successing their actions. Too high and you have people auto-failing.
And this isn't a problem for the current system?

Wait, come to think of it, does the nature of the actual weapon actually matter? For example, does a sniper rifle gain penalties a close range due to its long barrel? Do pistols suffer from their weaker projectiles relative to rifles? Does using a scythe gain penalties due to scythes being gardening tools with an impractical shape for combat use? Do trained combatants gain penalties against scythes due to having no idea how to fight someone attacking them whilst wielding gardening tools with an impractical shape for combat use?
Depends. In my system, no, because that requires balancing and leads to min-maxing and I don't want to deal with that.

-snip-
...Trying to think of how to have Will cheer ICARUS up. Or Angel, maybe.
Failing.

((Why all the spoilers?))
((because when bracelets are off, it's stuff that uninvolved people should not know about))
The characters don't know, but the players are always involved!

"Not cool."
((I swear to Void that I was typing the [/color] and accidentally typed [/cool].
Seriously.))
That's probably from a weird quirk of psychology.

((...and thus, Selina forgot about the existence and possible feelings of all of her other girlfriends :P))
Well, two are AWOL, and one was missing and would probably be open to a three-way.
So, there's that.

(( I don't THINK anything bad is gonna come of this.))
((You forgot the karma roll. And teen pregnancy :P))
INEVITABLE teenaged pregnancy.

((It was stated by Elf that condoms will work.))
Really? Their chance of success for non-magical semen is pretty low.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: April 12, 2014, 08:42:02 am »

Did you read the TvTropes page for wielding scythes?

And let's just figure that since it's magic jizz it knows not impregnate people when their owner tries to avoid it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: April 12, 2014, 08:43:08 am »

And let's just figure that since it's magic jizz it knows not impregnate people when their owner tries to avoid it.
If it wasn't for me needing my shameless advertisement I would've sigged this by now.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: April 12, 2014, 08:44:22 am »

Isn't there a sig thread?

Also we should probably cycle out the taglines of the threads.
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1030