Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230065 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1050 on: August 01, 2011, 08:28:01 pm »

Hi, I'm new to and enjoying the Corrosion mod. I'm not sure if you know but these training reactions don't work in 31.25. Now something has to be produced to gain experience. You could probably get around this if you made a non-lethal vapor stone be produced 100% of the time instead of a bar 0%. I think they also gain more experience (and take more time) the more that's produced, you could probably make expensive training that's a few times more effective by this idea.

Kudos

I just tested this, strange I was sure it worked. Anyways I'll do a few tests and get around it somehow, it probably needs a >0% but again, it needs testing. I could tinker around with Training being more effective then pillow fights but I like the idea of training on live subjects =faster but riskier while training in a workshop = slower but safer.

but let's go on with my ideas. there should be a plant called "unknown plant" that grows only in (choose from) Evil. Good or Savage areas, and it would be the sunshine of Corrosion. and sand hill plums should be edible raw.

Oh if there's a plant that grows in Evil areas it ain't going to be sunshine that's for sure ;D

How can you scrape enough plants together to make a steady stream of booze? I've tried mass herbalism but I can never get more than 40 units through that, and when I plant the seeds I get from that they always disappear from season changes.

Yeah I like booze being more of a treat rather then an everyday drink. It really adds some difficulty to the game. Basically order from the caravans, they bring them in barrels of 25 which can last a few months.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

smasher89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 02, 2011, 08:07:22 pm »

Ok here i go:

*suggestions:

*mining area: I know that there its a optional fiel to make mining not dangerous, but as far as I know, if you mine some wall of some stone or ore the miner will technically start to suffocate in his/her own blood, if this mod its set on a post-apocalypse world based on our hystorical age, there should be a safer way to mine: in the lab you should be able to make rubber with some plantsor by recycling some rubber of wheels... then get some glass and after that... you got a gasmask! that item should be used in the head by your miners and they will not get intoxicated by the gasses of the stone layers! remeber to restric mines to animals and others civilians!

*modern industryes: i never embarked on a beach site in DF, less in this mod, but you should make some type of boat then whit the gas mask idea above and oxigen tanks, you should be able to explore underwater, if you find some petroleum, you should be able to extrac it! petroleoum should be a liquid that behaves like water and magma! highly flamable, of slow movement and should be rather unlimited or generated in big quantityes acording to mineral syte info on embark or in world generation! you should get the idea of what others industryes should be open whith oil flowning...

*total review: to say it in a few words, corrosion mod its like "another zombie game" but with originality, specially with the inmortality drug idea, and being build on DF engine, its even more wonderful! as with any other modern themed mod that isnt completed at all yet, it needs a bit of polishing, in total I would give it a 9.6/10 it is a really good mod, Im even thinking on making a comic about it!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:10:16 pm by smasher89 »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 02, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »

Unfortunately there is no way to make helmets protect the user from gas or water, but as soon as it's possible I'll put it in. Probably won't outright remove the risk but will reduce it by about 25-50%

Thanks for the review! You'll have to tell us if you start making a comic! I might doodle up some fan art myself.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

smasher89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 03, 2011, 07:17:38 am »

Unfortunately there is no way to make helmets protect the user from gas or water, but as soon as it's possible I'll put it in. Probably won't outright remove the risk but will reduce it by about 25-50%

Thanks for the review! You'll have to tell us if you start making a comic! I might doodle up some fan art myself.

I drawned some concepts/characters yesterday i will upload in a while...

Edit: there they are, i will drawn more in the day... and next week i will start the comic based on a new city that I will build today.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:36:23 am by smasher89 »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 03, 2011, 02:06:17 pm »

I've found a way to avoid getting your seeds vaporized at the end of the season. Just deconstruct the farm plots that they're in and hopefully your humans will get to it in time to remove the seeds.

Edit: there they are, i will drawn more in the day... and next week i will start the comic based on a new city that I will build today.

Wow... that's great.  :o Can't wait to see the comic when it starts!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

smasher89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 03, 2011, 08:54:19 pm »

I've found a way to avoid getting your seeds vaporized at the end of the season. Just deconstruct the farm plots that they're in and hopefully your humans will get to it in time to remove the seeds.

Wow... that's great.  :o Can't wait to see the comic when it starts!

Thanks, its good to see that you like this, altought if you and other people that will coment about the comic have suggestions tof how i could improve my drawning it will be even more wonderful, tomorrow I will post more.

*On topic: adventurer mode couldīnt be more fun, I like the idea of looting bandit campīs metals to make bullets then going to the camp and leaving all those freaks like sponge bob: squared, yellow and with a bunch of holes... lol.

I certainly think that this needs some short of bullet maker kit, I even think that you need some short of "cooking instrument that some soldier have" its like a furnace but really small, you could carry it to cook meat, and to make the metal bars, then to make bullets from those you need:

*the bullet crafter kit includes:
*metal clamp: to take and manipulate your bullets without fucking them up
*bullet mold: to put the melted metal into
*"dusts" compresor: puts a certain amount of a dust or powder sustance inside your bullets

Now you should proceed in this way:

*you get the melted metal from the mini furnace and place it into the bullet caster
*once you do that you will get a item called: "fire safe material" bullet mold filled with melted "insert your metal here"
*enter in a water spring and then it should be useable
*in reactions "extract bullets" and use the metal clamps with you filled bullet mold
*now you got a stack of 150 empty bullets
*get some gundpowder, avaliuable at stores, mined, or made at a laboratory
*get your compresor and apply it with your empty bullet stacka nd your gundpowder
*now you have a stack of 150 useable bullets!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 03, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »

Great job smasher! And you are right, now that bullets are more complicated to make in fortress mode, they should be more complicated to make in adventure mode. I'll get right on it.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 05, 2011, 12:55:28 am »

Since the sawmill mini-mod topic is dead, I guess I have to ask you:

May I use the sawmill part of the mod in my troll mod (see sig)?

Oh man, I'm beginning to worry that the troll mod is going to be like "Corrosion-lite with sociopathic gray-skinned humanoids!"

Now that I think of it, there are hordes of undead that roam Alternia during the day...

well fuck, I guess that, even if I follow Hussie's word to the letter, it's going to end up as corrosion with sociopathic gray-skinned humanoids, isn't it?

Maple1eaf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 05, 2011, 01:00:24 am »

Hi i dunno if its just me but i cant change the size of the dwarf fortress window with your mod installed and the tileset is coming up squished. is there anything i can do to fix it?

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1059 on: August 05, 2011, 04:46:46 am »

The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 05, 2011, 01:55:17 pm »

Hi i dunno if its just me but i cant change the size of the dwarf fortress window with your mod installed and the tileset is coming up squished. is there anything i can do to fix it?
In init.txt, change [RESIZABLE] to YES. It might be something else, like RESIZABLE_WINDOW or something.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 05, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »

Ideas:

Prospecter's shop: Now, you can consume a medkit plant and out comes medical supplies. or A crate with food or ammo
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 05, 2011, 07:47:11 pm »

May I use the sawmill part of the mod in my troll mod (see sig)?

Of course! Include my name in whatever acknowledgments you have and feel free to use any of my ideas!

Ideas:

Prospecter's shop: Now, you can consume a medkit plant and out comes medical supplies. or A crate with food or ammo

I'll see if I can work it in somehow, it'll probably just be an easier way to collect junk. But once ingested syndromes are in, it will probably collect those to.

Next video is up peeps on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uII8FKFf-aw

Great! Sorry I haven't added the other one up, I'll go dig it up right now.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1063 on: August 06, 2011, 05:22:04 am »

Dude u could always put my Review of this mod onto ur "See what other ppl are saying" section on the OP :P. Sorry If I am stealing all of the OP ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 06, 2011, 08:22:24 am »

really good! just make the guns a bit smaller, cause they look ridiculously oversized. and that's not the "funny, let it be, it makes it dorfy"-kind of oversized, this is more like "holy crap this looks unrealsitic kind.

and sorry for the late quote, but the waiting lines here at the internet cafe are incredible.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 111