Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230703 times)

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1035 on: July 28, 2011, 02:17:36 pm »

The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 29, 2011, 01:30:30 pm »

You can always go into the init files and change the "RESIZE", or whatever it is called, to YES instead of NO. That's what I do.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 29, 2011, 02:07:24 pm »

What skill does making anvils use in the Blacksmith's Forge (the one added by the mod)? I have a free metalsmith and he's not getting to work.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 29, 2011, 11:37:45 pm »

Just curious, are you waiting for 31.26 to release v1.0.9?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 30, 2011, 03:28:23 am »

What skill does making anvils use in the Blacksmith's Forge (the one added by the mod)? I have a free metalsmith and he's not getting to work.

Blacksmithing, I believe. Metalcrafting is metal crafts and chains.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 30, 2011, 08:53:21 am »

Yeah it's blacksmithing.

Not intentionally, I'm spending most of my time working on graphics for domestic animals, adding gatherable useful junk, batteries, And adding some Exposed creatures. I'll release it when these are complete regardless if .26 is out or not. However if .26 comes out and I am nowhere close to completing it, I'll probably just port 1.0.8 to .26 until I can finish with the listed items.

Next video is up ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B07DBDYBoqE

lol great! BTW sawmill takes the woodcutting labor ;) As far as the grass goes open up your init file and turn [VARIED_GROUND_TILES:NO] to YES this will turn all those periods into , . ' `

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 30, 2011, 01:08:09 pm »

How can you scrape enough plants together to make a steady stream of booze? I've tried mass herbalism but I can never get more than 40 units through that, and when I plant the seeds I get from that they always disappear from season changes.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 30, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »

How can you scrape enough plants together to make a steady stream of booze? I've tried mass herbalism but I can never get more than 40 units through that, and when I plant the seeds I get from that they always disappear from season changes.

Grow something like barely, and don't plant when you embark. Set up your crop growing for the other 3 seasons and when it changes to the next season set up your spring settings. You will lose seeds, but not a whole lot.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1043 on: July 30, 2011, 07:44:06 pm »

Yeah it's blacksmithing.

Not intentionally, I'm spending most of my time working on graphics for domestic animals, adding gatherable useful junk, batteries, And adding some Exposed creatures. I'll release it when these are complete regardless if .26 is out or not. However if .26 comes out and I am nowhere close to completing it, I'll probably just port 1.0.8 to .26 until I can finish with the listed items.

Next video is up ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B07DBDYBoqE

lol great! BTW sawmill takes the woodcutting labor ;) As far as the grass goes open up your init file and turn [VARIED_GROUND_TILES:NO] to YES this will turn all those periods into , . ' `

I prefer it the way it is but thanks IT. it was just too much on my screen lol. and thanks for the woodcutting thing
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 31, 2011, 02:20:38 pm »

hey there! it`s me, Kerlc, coming to you live from the awesome jamboree site! it's really great here, check it out here!

but let's go on with my ideas. there should be a plant called "unknown plant" that grows only in (choose from) Evil. Good or Savage areas, and it would be the sunshine of Corrosion. and sand hill plums should be edible raw.

that's it from me! see za in 8 (or 9) days! or maybe before, depends on the crowd here at the internet cafe.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 31, 2011, 02:38:40 pm »

Did kelrc just become a spam bot?
either way, ya you want to make sure that whatever you are planting is able to be planted the season after too.
Nom nom nom

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 31, 2011, 02:52:50 pm »

very funny, killakan. very funny. har dee har har.

make the unknown plant brewable only, without seeds. bwahahahahahaha!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 31, 2011, 05:46:18 pm »

Hi, I'm new to and enjoying the Corrosion mod. I'm not sure if you know but these training reactions don't work in 31.25. Now something has to be produced to gain experience. You could probably get around this if you made a non-lethal vapor stone be produced 100% of the time instead of a bar 0%. I think they also gain more experience (and take more time) the more that's produced, you could probably make expensive training that's a few times more effective by this idea.

Kudos
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 31, 2011, 09:00:50 pm »

I don't think that's true.  I know it atleast removes the rusty status on the skills.
Nom nom nom

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 31, 2011, 09:50:19 pm »

I don't think that's true.  I know it at least removes the rusty status on the skills.
From what I'm seeing they definitely can't learn new ones this way. I've had a fresh fisherman training diagnose for a few months, nothing happened.
So maybe they just don't gain experience without production, but still use it (and rust works from un-use). But by adding a vapor product I got another new fisherman to gain novice diagnostician within a month.
So, IT 000, is this a bug or feature?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 111