Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crayon art of goblin shearing troll for wool received!  (Read 5675 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crayon art of goblin shearing troll for wool received!
« on: April 08, 2011, 11:03:34 pm »

Ever since I saw that goblins would be able to wear troll-wool clothing, I've had this terrible fascination as to what a troll really looks like. 

Seeing that I sent a donation to DF today, I'm going to ask that instead of sending me a crayon drawing by mail, post here a link to a drawing of a typical scene of goblins shearing troll wool.  Since I have seen the crayon art, I'll be perfectly fine with someone else doing the drawing, if it's indicated that someone else's work supports the image as a decent representation.

I've sent a forum message with a link to this thread.

Perhaps some of you artsy folks would like to post up your own images of goblins shearing troll wool in order to save the DF team some crayon work?

Remember, please keep it safe for work  :o

Bonus points if someone creates a goblin-shearing-troll image in the style of Norman Rockwell!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 07:47:37 pm by Farmerbob »
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: A typical scene of goblins shearing trolls for their wool
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:26:27 pm »

Whoops, wrongly posted.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 05:48:45 am »

Here's some renditions of trolls I made. Not satisfied they're furry enough, going to make another one after watch maybe.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 03:10:15 am »

Ah well, doesn't seem to be much activity in the art department.

I've requested crayon art to be scanned and sent to me, with a theme, but if no theme, at least a troll picture :)

I'm hoping to get a picture of a troll hanging suspended by a chain at each arm and leg and the neck, with two goblins standing in front of it with razors, wearing masks, and one says to the other "Never take off the mask"

We shall see what comes back - I'll be happy no matter what :)

Seriously though, I'd love to see what some of you with artistic abilities can do with this!
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:19:02 am »

Looks like the dwarf is the one getting shorn in this pic.

Or is it a gnome? I forget.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:40:30 am »

That's from a wonderful book with the english title of Gnomes. But yes, it's a troll holding the gnome.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:01:16 am »

Bump.  There's been some pretty good art showing up in a couple threads recently.  Hoping someone who can draw something more complex than stick figures (my limit) will take interest and provide all of us with amusement!

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 08:03:42 pm »

I have received my crayon / digital art from Tarn  :)

Trolls are very large, apparently.

Looks a lot like Ludo from Labyrinth.

Good Stuff !

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crayon art of goblin shearing troll for wool received!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 07:49:57 pm »

Modified top subject line to indicate the crayon art was received.

Hopefully Trolls never get the special ability that Ludo had in the movie - especially with some of the quantum stockpiles our dwarves have!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 09:20:46 pm »

Cool! I wonder how much of a fight the troll puts up before allowing itself to be shorn.
Probably before that stage, a whole group of speargoblins, armed with sharpened sticks, have to jab at it from a safe distance until it surrenders. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 02:09:07 am »

Common he doesn't fight them of, why would he? It's a free shaving, and he doesn't even have to go to barber shop ;]
 that Troll is like:
- "If he skip my neck again, I swear I'll trample him."  8)
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Jeremy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 07:40:47 am »

It makes sense that the Troll is modeled after Ludo, as the goblins in general seem to be inspired by the goblins in Labyrinth, right down to the beakdogs.

In 86, the human sorceror David Bowie created the position of King through force of music.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 05:27:08 pm »

It makes sense that the Troll is modeled after Ludo, as the goblins in general seem to be inspired by the goblins in Labyrinth, right down to the beakdogs.

In 86, the human sorceror David Bowie created the position of King through force of musicgroin.
Yeah.
Love, scriver~

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 06:03:28 pm »

Definitely looks like Ludo, but it reminds me of a Bantha from Star Wars for some reason.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »

Cool! I wonder how much of a fight the troll puts up before allowing itself to be shorn.

They probably like being shorn during the summer. They're smart enough to realize that their wool is hot. Maybe they even think of it as some sort of communal grooming.

TROLL WUV GOBLIN
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!
Pages: [1] 2