Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334219 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1395 on: November 18, 2015, 11:11:54 am »

Do you have faith?

Mr. Bird has faith.
Oh. In that case yeah, the gun John wields (must steal when he dies) blew up a big rock pillar, and the Salthe are reeling from the loss of their God. Xankarvo certainly believes that John's capable of killing them all.
Do you have faith?

Hyenakles certainly doesn't (or, wouldn't). John's down two legs; the best he can do is take a few Salthe out with him.
3 out of four ain't bad. Lets roll.
[6]
John, laying on his back in a quickly spreading pool of oil, points his revolver up towards the descending swarm.  When he squeezes the trigger, the entire gun and the blood around him catches fire and the cylinder spins of its own accord. As each chamber reaches the top the gun flashes red and chimes metallically, consuming all six bullets. The fire from the burning blood oil is sucked up into the spinning cylinder and the gun glows cherry red. There is a sound like a great inhalation, a hissing suction, and then the revolver fires. It fires not a shot but instead goes off like a jet engine, a pillar of flame explodes from the barrel and screams up toward the sky. It engulfs the snakes, which can be seen for an instant as black silhouettes before they crumble apart.

When it's over john is laying on a burnt section of deck, a haze of embers all around him. His legs are gone, replaced with a pair of stumps beneath the knee, each one a fused mass of burn scar tissue. His body is covered in web like burn scars as well, though they all appear to be fully healed.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 18, 2015, 11:16:15 am »

"Well, that ought to teach the bloody bastards a lesson. Fruitify our comrades, will they? Bastardly things."

Now, is our retreat still of the fighting sort or does this take care of all of them for now?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 18, 2015, 11:19:48 am »

((Huh. I actually thought that gun was an automatic for some reason.))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1398 on: November 18, 2015, 11:49:14 am »

Is it? I always had it in my head as a revolver, but now that you mention it, I seem to remember describing it otherwise before...hmm.

OHWELLHELLMAGICWHATCHAGONNADO.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 18, 2015, 12:02:52 pm »

Is it? I always had it in my head as a revolver, but now that you mention it, I seem to remember describing it otherwise before...hmm.
OHWELLHELLMAGICWHATCHAGONNADO.

((Sooooo should I act like I had a revolver all along, for the ease of interaction? I can roll with a revolver, really.))

John just kinda lies there, breathing in and out rather loudly. Then he sits and looks down at his stumps, then at his gun. There is a mix of emotions on his face, mostly positive ones - amazement with what just happened, joy of escaping painful death, ambition even, when his sight follows patterns engraved on a gun. He looks at his legs with less enthusiasm, but given how his sight is reaching into the pile of raw material in the building, he is probably sketching himself some simple prosthetics already. He wiggles his stumps a little, ensuring himself he still has knees. He smiles at that.

He opens his mouth and tries to say something, but starts coughing instead. When he stops and tries to talk again, he sounds different, hoarse, as if he'd smoke a pack a day since his school years. Probably should've kept his mouth shut during that fiery display he just had.

- I still got a few miles ahead of me before I'm changing my ride, - he taps himself on chest lightly when referring to "his ride".
- Stay sharp, they aren't all gone yet. Even though I doubt they are going to fuck with us... with me anymore

Go Crawl drink some gas. Pass empty gun to Xan. Then see if we have wooden blocks about foot long and metal straps capable of bending with human strength lying around.
If some mofos are still after us, get that rifle and start shooting.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:37:00 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 18, 2015, 12:05:12 pm »

((I can't get the relevant quote because phone, but I checked and its a nine-round magazine. ))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 18, 2015, 01:06:29 pm »

((Nine round revolver can be a thing.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 18, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »

((Nah, this was a pretty regular autoloader. With a detachable magazine holding nine rounds fitted into the handle. A six-shooter would be fine with me though. It is just what they had back at Slenceville.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:22:18 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 18, 2015, 01:16:37 pm »

((Specifically a magazine, not revolving cylinder.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 18, 2015, 01:26:18 pm »

...interesting.

Xankarvo walks over to John.

"Grab onto my torso, that'll do in the absence of any prosthetics for now."

Form the Amputee Voltron! Then get back into cover, of course.
Unless there's still some pursuing us in which case stay in cover.

Never mind that, stay in cover and take John's gun. Hold it - BY THE GRIP NOT WITH THE BARREL POINTING ANYWHERE NEAR ME - in my mouth, since I can't currently hold shit with my disabled/missing arms. Don't cut my throat or anything on the sharp edges; maybe instead hold it by the safest non-sharp part I can. Or just have John put it in my pocket. Yeah do that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:46:41 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 18, 2015, 01:33:57 pm »

- I appreciate your benevolent intentions, man, but when I'll completely lose ability to move around by myself I'm blowing my brains straight out that instance. So far I'm just struggling to move around. I can do struggling. How 'bout this: here's this gun, it obviously has something to do with magic. You can try to "touch" that magic, remind yourself what it feels like, maybe that'll invoke it inside you. Give it a shot.

Action edited.
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 18, 2015, 01:47:30 pm »

Xankarvo's gaze goes flat.

"And I'm supposed to hold this gun with my boneless arm, is that it?"

He sighs.

"I'm not going to refuse, but this is going to impair my speech capability."

Action also edited!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 18, 2015, 01:51:05 pm »

"And I'm supposed to hold this gun with my boneless arm, is that it?"
He sighs.
"I'm not going to refuse, but this is going to impair my speech capability."

- I'm sure you'll figure something out if you'll need physical contact with it. You might not have any arms, but your head is still in place, and that's what matters in this business.

((Also, you might not want to hold it with your mouth because of all these sharp edges on the handle. Unless you don't know about them IC. Oh, and I'd also specify what exactly do you want to do with that gun when you're holding it - like, attempt to jumpstart your magic engine from this magic-filled artefact.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:55:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 18, 2015, 02:06:11 pm »

((Isn't John on the ground, and Xan on the platform?))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 18, 2015, 02:07:40 pm »

((Nope, John was on the platform the whole time, and Xan took cover somewhere on the Warbeast, the building, maybe.))

((So, next up on our waitlist we got:
1. Dave the Little Triceratops - Toaster
2. Rocky the Rock - fillipk
3. Reynard the Stabby Fox - Wolfkit
4. HurrrDurr the Jukebox - Egan_BW
If you ask me, I see one character who'll get shot because of natural conflict, two characters who would have to use their imagination real good to convince people to let them tag along, and a splendid wheelchair substitute for John.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:16:36 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 241