Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561727 times)

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7037 laghs and counting
« Reply #6840 on: November 26, 2016, 05:01:00 pm »

The troll maps are real in that cup.
I linked to map 5's first appearance, but the other ones are also really messed up.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: November 27, 2016, 04:14:47 pm »

Nah. That's normal. At least in Wipeout.

PS:I meant the hairpin and the shallow bends, not the split/drops.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:16:44 pm by HMetal2001 »
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: November 27, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »

Well, it does require a bit of context about the game and the event's format to know just how trollish these tracks were. The blind run on this one eliminated 27 players out of 106.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: November 29, 2016, 08:02:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Walking around campus gives one so many opportunities to do this. The temptation is hard to resist
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: November 29, 2016, 08:53:48 pm »

Y not tho? Is it some creepypasta thing?
Did you see the very end of the vid?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: November 29, 2016, 08:55:38 pm »

Y not tho? Is it some creepypasta thing?
Did you see the very end of the vid?
Ah, yeah, sorry, forgot that and my mind immediately went to creepy shit since it's like 3:30 am here, which is, as we know, the best time for creepy shit. Obviously.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: November 30, 2016, 09:09:37 am »

Going through the Liber Pontificalis for an university assignment, and I find this in the 47th point for the life Pope Hadrian I:
Inspired by God this holy pontiff had this church’s atrium paved with beautiful marble: it had previously been very desolate, and the grass that grew there was attracting oxen and horses in to graze.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: November 30, 2016, 02:56:32 pm »

I'm not sure what's so hilarious, but I note that bringing an organic-rich material like marble in to an area with poor soil, but reasonable rainfall to dissolve and break down the stone, can easily improve the soil quality and permit vegetation to grow where it previously could not. Or, say, if the soil was very acidic. A little water and marble, you're introducing a base to neutralize that acid.

It could take fucking forever, or have no effect whatsoever if the soil has great drainage/doesnt absorb the rainfall well, though
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: November 30, 2016, 05:31:39 pm »

I'm not sure what's so hilarious, but I note that bringing an organic-rich material like marble in to an area with poor soil, but reasonable rainfall to dissolve and break down the stone, can easily improve the soil quality and permit vegetation to grow where it previously could not. Or, say, if the soil was very acidic. A little water and marble, you're introducing a base to neutralize that acid.

It could take fucking forever, or have no effect whatsoever if the soil has great drainage/doesnt absorb the rainfall well, though
Probably lacking context, I guess. The church in question is St. Peter's Basilica.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: November 30, 2016, 08:13:09 pm »

Probably lacking context, I guess. The church in question is St. Peter's Basilica.

u wot

as in seat of the pope st peters basilica
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: November 30, 2016, 08:17:18 pm »

u wot

as in seat of the pope st peters basilica
Yup. Holiest of grasses.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: November 30, 2016, 08:30:27 pm »

"And the Lord sayeth unto the Pope, 'Thy ass needs more grass. Pave thy garden with marble, and the Lord shall provideth the grass.'"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: November 30, 2016, 10:02:25 pm »

He was an 8th Century Pope, aye? Round the time of Charlemagne?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 879