Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312]

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 509727 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Flyin' in circles, just tryin' to land
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4665 on: June 05, 2024, 12:46:26 pm »

Calder wants to escape and mind-control a bunch of people, so stopping him from escaping is the Good thing to do, even if it's not the ideal tactic to save resources for today. And I think the Order at this point expects they might be able to get a long rest before Xycon finds the final dungeon.
I don't necessarily agree.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: June 05, 2024, 03:22:51 pm »

Plus, Calder might just run into Xykon. There are several ways that could go and pretty much all of them would end badly. They might team up. Xykon could (probably easily) kill Calder, then reanimate him. He's done it before, and frankly whenever an undead dragon shows up things get pretty bad pretty fast even if though the undead dragon gets wiped in short order.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: June 06, 2024, 02:40:06 am »

The Modron estimated a time span measured in days to complete the search, and it is theoretically impossible to shorten this significantly because they have to actually explore every tunnel to gain access. Unless Team Evil gets extremely lucky, the Order will be in position to recover anything short of actual death before the big showdown.

Plus there's the big issue that allowing Calder to escape might significantly hasten the showdown by revealing the trick.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: July 10, 2024, 02:04:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Flyin' in circles, just tryin' to land
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: July 10, 2024, 02:39:03 pm »

An "umm, aksually..." Roy is a strong Roy!
I don't necessarily agree.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: July 10, 2024, 03:00:53 pm »

That outburst actually looks pretty nice by this comic's standards.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: July 26, 2024, 11:15:10 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: July 26, 2024, 03:40:53 pm »

Honestly, it would make sense to put a treasure pile of some kind in that room. Might make an invader think that was the purpose of fighting Calder instead of the real reason he was there.

I wonder if there's any JRPGs that have done that. Go through a bunch of hoops to fight a superboss, get a now-useless superitem as a reward, but the boss' room hides the game's true ending or something like that, but you wouldn't think that because the game gives you the treasure and you don't see any reason to check further.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: July 26, 2024, 08:34:34 pm »

Elden ring does that with one of the bosses. One of the ending options is locked behind that secret, but most people wouldn’t say it’s the best ending.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312]