Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796650 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - POLL about Metals
« Reply #6345 on: August 17, 2012, 05:45:37 am »

Maybe a race that isnt entirely flying, but brings flying squads (Like we had it in the succession game, only that this one wouldnt need mounts) along. Sounds like the most fun for me.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: August 17, 2012, 06:06:26 am »

Maybe a race that isnt entirely flying, but brings flying squads (Like we had it in the succession game, only that this one wouldnt need mounts) along. Sounds like the most fun for me.
Giant vorpal squirrels, as deadly as they are fluffy. Bring flying squirrels as air support.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: August 17, 2012, 06:40:32 am »

I suppose angels would be a bit overkill as flying invaders - you could add gargoyles to the terracotta army as flying units though.

I quite like the idea of upgrading our favorite caped crusaders. If antmen are the default enemies in the first layer, flying batmen could be the frontline units of the second.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: August 17, 2012, 06:50:23 am »

The cave alliance, composed of batmen, antmen and trogos. Ants as basic grunts, antmen as grunt commanders, batmen as airsupport and trogos for the heavy dwarfkilling business. Walls will not be enough anymore :)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: August 17, 2012, 07:16:06 am »

Oh, and the Fortress Defense races... I might remove, or at least put them, and other optional races in a clear category that says: DANGER unbalanced, use if you know what you are doing... but I think I will two other thins: 2 more races, making it 8 invaders. But turning these OFF by default, saying: Enable them for extra challange. One AQUATIC race, that goes through moats and swims up you wells, and one FLYING race, and we all know the fun those cause. Maybe Skeletons/Liches/HarderUndead for the Aquatic race (because they dont breathe anyway... wait a second, I can add this to the Terracotta army then. :) ) and one... flying... no idea. Any ideas ? Anyone ? Except fairin ?

*sniffle*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6350 on: August 17, 2012, 07:43:51 am »

@fairin: Had to be done :P

I quite like the idea of upgrading our favorite caped crusaders. If antmen are the default enemies in the first layer, flying batmen could be the frontline units of the second.
This is one thing that bugs me... layer-linked entities ignore the underground depth of the creatures in it. I made antmen 1:1, skaven 2:2 and spawn of the holistic 3:3... and what happens ? all three appear randomly in all three caverns. -.- Was a nice idea with 3 races and 3 caverns, but doesnt work.

My idea for these were:
Antmen arrive with super easy to kill giant ants and some equipped soldiers. All leave chitin which can be made into good "leather" armor.

Skaven arrive with a mixed army of assassins, swordfighters, "mages" with AoE damage, and rat-ogres as building destroyers. all using warpstone poison to weaken your soldiers. They drop warpstone related stuff, so that you can poison your own weapons, make special ammo with syndromes and possibly specal weapons for dwarves. with AoE attack.

Spawn of the Holistic: No idea. I thought people would like to see them because of the old succession forts, but apparently not many people know them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: August 17, 2012, 08:09:50 am »

why not use the cult of the carp god as the aquatic invaders and give them a syndrome with a chance of infecting other dwarves which will then cause them to start the secret/FUN with wards etc.

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: August 17, 2012, 10:24:09 am »

Having the spawn of the hollistic would be fun. If you make them secret, it will be even moe fun as people that don't know them will be scared seeing twenty mutant dwarves that die only from bisection or decapitation. And that can turn your dwarves into them.

Edit: Meph, I have an idea. Would it be possible to have a workshop that could coat your weapons in poison? Or at least make them carry a syndrom? After reading a topic about it, I think that it would be nice. Still, as I'm not an experienced modder, I don't know if it's possible.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:33:14 pm by Shingy »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:33 pm »

As usual, I haven't been following this, so sorry if this has already been reported, but I can't use ironbone to make an arc furnace, so now I can't use the cobalt that was to be used as an iron alternative.  :(
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: August 17, 2012, 05:11:33 pm »

The spawn are VERY unbalanced though. Setting them as !!secret!! Invaders with a toggle is probably better.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: August 17, 2012, 06:14:48 pm »

We should devote a whole tab in the gui to !!SECRET FUN!! We also need a bunch of fun/witty ways to describe them without giving any clues as to what they really are but enough to entice them to turn them on.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: August 17, 2012, 08:12:49 pm »

Question:

Supposedly, my parent civilization (dwarf) has the ability to plant and grow certain plants, yet when I embark with their seeds or order them from a caravan, I can not do the same, despite being in the same biome and temperature range as the place they came from.  Why is this so?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: August 17, 2012, 08:21:50 pm »

Biomes also have a level of hydration. Some plants won;t grow in dry soil, and others in wet.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6358 on: August 17, 2012, 08:46:54 pm »

Meph, I have an idea. Would it be possible to have a workshop that could coat your weapons in poison? Or at least make them carry a syndrom? After reading a topic about it, I think that it would be nice. Still, as I'm not an experienced modder, I don't know if it's possible.
Is possible and is planned for the warpstone stuff that skaven drop.

Spawn of the holistic as secret... yeah, why not, after we discussed them several pages :P

ironbone and cobalt are iron-grade, or at least similar. They are not iron. They cant be used for pigiron or steel and will not replace it as buildmats. And the question about plants has been answered, it is the chance in biome (wet/dry)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: August 17, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »

Biomes also have a level of hydration. Some plants won;t grow in dry soil, and others in wet.

Then there is something extremely odd in my version of the game.  Even plants I gather on the same map will not show up as an option to grow when their seeds become available for planting, after eating.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 749