Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 446031 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2011, 01:04:06 pm »

France has a pretty weak navy, so as Byzantium, you should just beat them on the ocean and move into southern Italy with impunity.

My suggestion for a good long term goal is to grab the Unam Sanctum national idea and start force converting the electors of the HRE.  Since they will only vote for emperors of their own religion and favor large empires over small ones, this makes you a shoe in to be emperor.  It is very hard to pass reforms however, as the other member states will not want to pass reforms when the emperor doesn't share their religion.  From there, world conquest.

Also, is Portugal's CoT dieing from stagnation normal? I couldn't figure out a way to stop the stagnation. But I figure I will just make a new one later.

Portugal is pretty close to the Andalucian COT and Spain is protectionist, so Portugal has a pretty small trade which makes it hard to maintain the COT at first.  However if you capture provinces, you will quickly beef up your COT and make it so it wont stagnate.  It shouldn't take all that many.  Just doing the island discovery missions is probably enough.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2011, 01:08:43 pm »

Also, is Portugal's CoT dieing from stagnation normal? I couldn't figure out a way to stop the stagnation. But I figure I will just make a new one later.

Portugal is pretty close to the Andalucian COT and Spain is protectionist, so Portugal has a pretty small trade which makes it hard to maintain the COT at first.  However if you capture provinces, you will quickly beef up your COT and make it so it wont stagnate.  It shouldn't take all that many.  Just doing the island discovery missions is probably enough.

The thing is I rushed trade and government tech yet the CoT died out long before I am able to get the quest for the new world idea.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2011, 01:57:26 pm »

You don't need QFTNW to find the two closest islands.  Portugual gets special missions to discover those without QFTNW.  Keep canceling or completing missions until you get those.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 23, 2011, 02:18:29 pm »

1. Reconquer Italy.
2. Vassalize all HRE electors.
3. Become Emperor.
4. ???
5. Re-unified Rome!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2011, 02:31:41 pm »

The thing with France is they don't have a weak Navy right now. They actually have the strongest in Europe at the moment.

I can support a bigger Navy than what I have though, so I could just do that, I've mostly been picking on Muslism lately.

At the moment I'm actually waiting to Westernise, as I only need one more point towards innovative to finish that.

P.S. England is gone in my game, it is now the Scottish Isles.

And Pommerania formed Prussia.

Muscowy is also fucked and Novgorod is a big circle.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2011, 05:12:18 pm »

I need a little help.

My inflation is at 11.2, and I do not know how to get it down.

I have hired Three masters of Mint, yet none of them are helping.

I am a Greek Nation whos main religon is Orthodox and has 5 or so provinces. The year is July 1429, and I have level four tech in everything but Land (I have level Six in that). My current leader is awful, No Real Administration, 2 Star Diplomacy, and 1 star Military. Can't kill him off because my Heir is too young.

Any idea of how to fix my problem?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2011, 05:19:31 pm »

Spam traders to the most valuable CoT you can find. More money = less need to mint = less inflation. I would also suggest cutting as much spending as possible until the heir is of age (hopefully he has a good Admin skill). Remember, you can lose money from month to month as long as you break even at the end of the year.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2011, 05:45:55 pm »

So. I'm mecklenburg, the year is 1550 or so. I'm filthy rich; bringing in ~50-100 ducats a month with another 20ish at the end of the year. I hold monopolies over most of europe and asia. Treasury is at about 5,000 ducats as of right now. Nothing to spend it on other then technologies. Most techs are already 10-40 years ahead of their time.

Anyway, I can't really do anything. No one will ally with me (Impossible for everyone, even those with 200 relations and trust me), and I can't go to war with any of my neighbors because they are all in deeply woven alliances. The only nation near me who has no powerful allies is a 1-province empire with 20 full-time platoons of men sitting on it.

I... don't really know what to do. I do not want to really colonize anything other then Europe, but I can't go to war with anyone in europe nor can I ally/vassalize them. No one will attack me, either. I haven't been to war with anyone all game. I can't become emperor of the HRE because I am so small. The Church hates me.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:06 pm »

So. I'm mecklenburg, the year is 1550 or so. I'm filthy rich; bringing in ~50-100 ducats a month with another 20ish at the end of the year. I hold monopolies over most of europe and asia. Treasury is at about 5,000 ducats as of right now. Nothing to spend it on other then technologies. Most techs are already 10-40 years ahead of their time.

Anyway, I can't really do anything. No one will ally with me (Impossible for everyone, even those with 200 relations and trust me), and I can't go to war with any of my neighbors because they are all in deeply woven alliances. The only nation near me who has no powerful allies is a 1-province empire with 20 full-time platoons of men sitting on it.

I... don't really know what to do. I do not want to really colonize anything other then Europe, but I can't go to war with anyone in europe nor can I ally/vassalize them. No one will attack me, either. I haven't been to war with anyone all game. I can't become emperor of the HRE because I am so small. The Church hates me.
1: Amass even more wealth
2: Build massive army well over forcelimit, probably with mercenaries
3: Attack a nearby nation that's not allied to a stronger nation(it's fine if it's allied to weaker ones), because only the alliance leader can call allies to arms in a war.
4: Win the war
5: Profit, maybe?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2011, 07:01:53 pm »

Buy a 50,000-strong mercenary horde and roflstomp Asia with your king at its head.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2011, 08:11:47 pm »

In my current Byzantium game I just made contact with Ethiopia around 1480.  I was gonna play nice but then I decided, what the heck, they've got not allies.  So I fabricated claims and declared war on the pretext of some obscure documents.  Seeing as the Eastern Roman Empire and Ethiopia lost contact sometime back in the 5th century or so those must have been some obscuuuuuuuuuure documents.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2011, 08:21:46 pm »

Congratulations you won!!!!

If your content with what you have, you have won the game.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:28 pm »

Dropping this here.

In my latest Athenian Game, England Got the Mission "Vassal France". By the way, France has expanded to its borders.

Yeah. Good luck with that.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:02 pm »

Congratulations you won!!!!

If your content with what you have, you have won the game.
Or you can switch to another nation in your world (preferably on a different continent) and try to get that one to succeed next.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2011, 11:05:32 pm »

Just had a pretender rise in my 112 province Eastern Roman Empire.  3 regiments, located on Crete.  I sure hope I can survive this one.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 194