Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1199026 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 124 The first exile
« Reply #3345 on: October 22, 2015, 05:50:04 pm »

"Aha! You dare defy me? But... I shall have the last laugh! Mwa to the ha ha!"

Old King Coal creates(-1) a durable(-1) bone shovel(-1), using all of his currently stored bone essences. After doing so, he begins to work at the chest again(using the shovel), making 2 bone essences as he does so.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: October 22, 2015, 05:58:34 pm »

((I am.))
"We should prob'ly establish some rules a conduct for those who'll be 'ere. Ya know, no takin' control of other mages, somethin' against shatterin' reality a' not dealin' with it, tha rules of tha council itself, and so on. Ya know, baseline stuff ta stop people from breakin' everythin' an' leavin' others to clean up the mess an' ta make things work better in the future.
I'm thinkin' some of tha rules of tha council could be as follows:

One, all actions of tha council regardin' the council itself must pass a vote of two-thirds minimum.
Two, all actions of tha council not otherwise specified must pass a vote of a simple majority.
Three, an issue can be delayed due ta an argument breakin' out if at least a sixth of tha council agree ta delay it.
Four, a proposal consistin' of multiple parts can be voted on partwise, if a mage rejects o agrees ta only part of the proposal.
Four, part two, if a section of a proposal consisting of multiple parts is passed, but it depends on a part of the proposal that isn't, tha' part of a proposal doesn't pass as well.
Five, any given issue can't take more than [three turns] 'nless a vote of at least a third of tha council extends that time.
Six, rulings of the council must be general an' relatively impartial, in that they can't only apply to only one person. They've gotta be general enough that they establish a precedent.
Seven, a mage's gotta get his own chair or have a chair made for 'im. No takin' another person's chair.
Eight, tha council should make an effort ta respect previous decisions 'nless a vote is taken to overturn tha' decision.
Nine, tha council can call an emergency meetin' of all tha present mages if necessary ta decide how ta deal with a substantial threat.

An' I'll gladly try ta toughen ya thing. I'll make it more likely ta work properly as well, so I can use my essences, if that's alright."

Harden and toughen the glass of the Omnicube while making it more likely to change to the desired form. Use the +2/+2, both +2 POT, the +1CMP, and the +1/+1 luck essences, for a total of +4 CMP and +7 POT. (One spell) Then make 3 essences.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:31:49 am by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: October 22, 2015, 06:25:17 pm »

Skelliborn
Well my hand seems to be stable for the time being. Of course, I'll have to use my other hand until I get James to heal it. I suppose I should practice some E-type blade Magic to make up for my weakness. Oh and I vote yes on the rules The Gambler has proposed (I know, somewhat through my own blunders how dangerous and hard to fix dimensional blunders can be.)

Action:
Craft 3 essences and practice using E-Type blade magic (pm will be sent to DG explaining what E-Type blade magic is.)

Craft 3 Essences but if one collapses, stop attempting to craft essences.

Also, once my hand is healed, pick up my blade with my healed hand.
On the off chance that James healing power fails, use my other hand to pick up my sword.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:22:51 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: October 22, 2015, 06:29:35 pm »

"im more in favor of just making stuff up as we go along,"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 22, 2015, 06:42:44 pm »

((E-Type magic is more a concept than a particular spell if that's what you're referring to.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:41:57 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: October 22, 2015, 06:47:19 pm »

((P. sure they're talking bout the rules.))
((Also, please put OOC in double parenthesis - It makes reading at a glance much easier.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: October 22, 2015, 07:42:19 pm »

((Fixed))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: October 22, 2015, 07:47:18 pm »

((Thanks.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 22, 2015, 10:52:49 pm »

-snip-

This seems reasonable.

Now, I gather that we are planning to make an essence generator. What with the heated discussion, I suppose I should not be surprised that we are modeling the design on a static generator, yet ignoring the electromancer in our midst.

In any case, that is aside from the point. I would be happy to assist in the creation of the essence generator, assuming we know it will be at all efficient. Perhaps I could contribute a system to ensure no mage take more power than they are due?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 22, 2015, 11:09:04 pm »

"Those rules are quite a bit too complicated for my tastes. We're mages, not lawyers."

Well my hand seems to be stable for the time being. Of course, I'll have to use my other hand until I get James to heal it. I suppose I should practice some E-type blade Magic to make up for my weakness. Oh and I vote yes on the rules The Gambler has proposed (I know, somewhat through my own blunders how dangerous and hard to fix dimensional blunders can be.)
"That was some very clever magic with that tourniquet. The healing field will fix your hand eventually, but sure I'll heal ya up now if you want."

((XXXXYYYY you forgot to bold your action.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 23, 2015, 02:19:10 am »

Shias the Druid. Location: Council tower.

"I don't want to kill trees, but I like a good solid oak mug, its not killing them if they don't speak right?"

"So if I'm deaf it's not killing if crush your head? Just because you cannot hear them, doesn't mean you can kill then as you wish."

-snip-

"Rules are for those who wish to rule, and word of wizard is worth of nothing. It doesn't matter what you agree here, nobody is really required to obey those rules.
Looks like there's nothing more to dicuss here, so I'll take my leave."

Should I do it? This would be good opportunity! So many of them gathered together ...No. I must proceed with the plan. Slowly. Carefully. No need to play all my cards right away...
Shias thinks as he leaves council chamber.

He stops at the door and turns to ask one question before leaving. "Does anyone know what became to my grandson, Isshin? It is my understanding he came here too."

Craft 5 essences again.
Then leave to the forest where tripping mushrooms were, but don gasmask before enterin area of effect.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 23, 2015, 02:38:33 am »

((I just noticed everyone's POT rolls is increased again. What happened, is that my specter?))

"This thing looks save, as for now..."

Grab the specter, create 8 essences or until one collapses.
"I don't want to kill trees, but I like a good solid oak mug, its not killing them if they don't speak right?"
"'Killing trees' is if you make the tree cannot grow again. If you don't want to kill them, chop it at a branch thick enough to be a mug, but not the one that supports most leafes."
-snip-
"I agree with that rules."
((E-Type magic is more a concept than a particular spell if that's what you're referring to.))
((E
Energy(as in non-kinetic, like fire blades and stuff like that)
I think it's not as simple as that, just an idea.))
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:12:39 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: October 23, 2015, 05:00:21 am »

"Those rules are quite a bit too complicated for my tastes. We're mages, not lawyers."

"That was some very clever magic with that tourniquet. The healing field will fix your hand eventually, but sure I'll heal ya up now if you want."

((XXXXYYYY you forgot to bold your action.))

I accept your offer. If you ever need a hand with something, if I can help you, I will.((will fix action when I have access to my pc I'm currently using a phone to type this.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: October 23, 2015, 09:26:42 am »

"Well that's a totally different story, I think.  Where are you going anyway"

pm'd action
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: October 23, 2015, 10:24:13 am »

"Well that's a totally different story, I think.  Where are you going anyway"

pm'd action

((Who? Me?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 506