Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1288279 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3075 on: August 15, 2014, 12:48:56 am »

Perhaps I don't understand how the game works but, 'If you help me, I'll get you lynched.' sounds like the exact opposite of persuading somebody to help you.

* Greiger returns the high five.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: August 15, 2014, 01:41:04 am »

Perhaps I don't understand how the game works but, 'If you help me, I'll get you lynched.' sounds like the exact opposite of persuading somebody to help you.

* Greiger returns the high five.
the jesters goal is to get lynched and then he can kill someone from the grave.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3077 on: August 15, 2014, 11:28:32 am »

Performing in a user-made arena. First titan and their defenses knocked me down to 15% life (actually, more like 5% by the time #1 was destroyed). Managed to finish it off, and 2 others without healing in between while being chased by a swarm of red orbs, and defeated the last titan with 3 seconds left on the clock (3 minutes to kill all 3 of them). All 3 titans were user-made beasts to fight against (as in, harder than the stock ones in-game. And well-engineered by the users.).

Arena was also spinning around, with the upper portion staying still with the weapon mods dangerously close to the titans, and magnets for those red orb chasers. Meaning upgrades are suicide runs for the uninitiated (Fuck it, I'll keep firing red shots (max-upgrades)). Fortunately, like in Sounddodger+, I know how to slalom between bullets and beam-streams. With and against the current. As far as this game is concerned, I'm Vash the (fucking) Stampede.

No secondary weapons nor heath drops in the arena. Just run 'n' gun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Kinda having difficulty looking for the arena I played in.

EDIT EDIT:
While on topic, I also made my very first titan for the game. Something from the drawing threads, now as something to fight against. It's actually pretty fun. I also feel pretty badass for taking down a ship as an infantry in this battle. I also got the motion of it right to the point of fighting more or less how I intended them to. Oh yeah, and if you intend to finish it off once you whittled down the front shield and cannons, have fun with the backside; since it's covered with guns. You may need to grow a pair before taking the final bit on.

Deathmask Frigate: Link

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Not to pat myself on the back too hard, but I gotta admit, I love fighting the Deathmask Frigate. It feels so satisfying. Personal review of my own work so far: Fun. I mean, it has the right kind, and amount, of challenge to it (the fact that it doesn't entirely fall apart after 1 smart bomb (a major flaw of a grand majority of workshop items) is a major help here. The masked shield takes at least 2 to take out, and then you're welcomed with hellfire from the aft. The missile launchers on the back will keep you moving.). There are many different ways to take this beast on. The classic "Remove shield first" can initially make things easier, but the more of the ship you expose, the more defensive it gets firepower-wise (Primarily anti-infantry by this point now) to compensate for the lack of an anti-artillery shield you just dismantled (the leaves individually absorbing impact of cannon shells fired at it, and minimizing damage done to the hull. Cheap and easy to replace; however, concentrated fire can overwhelm the hardpoints to their breaking point, and snap right off.). You can also take on the aft, the most defended point, first, and make removing the shield and afterward a swifter process.

You want a Hell challenge, or more like absolute tedium, or a cherry tap challenge, or want to feel absolutely helpless fighting this thing? No upgrades, and your only super weapon is the friendship cannon (basically, you're like the infantry you're helping in the "backstory" of this fight). Have fun hitting this thing with that, BTW. It orbits the arena, far enough away to be effective in combat, but close enough to be beatable under normal circumstances, always looking at you; maximizing it's defense the entire time; and if you're lucky, the friendship cannon might hit it once or twice. However, the Friendship Cannon will NOT kill it for you; like most other fights that can be won like that (personally, I try to stay away from superweapons unless I have a time limit).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:31:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3078 on: August 16, 2014, 04:45:08 am »

When your Tier One units can go toe-to-toe with almost anything without suffering major losses, you must be doing something right. And if your Tier Four units can close to mêlée with your enemy's shooters in the first turn, you must be doing another thing right.

HoMMV, Fortress.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: August 16, 2014, 01:20:14 pm »

I died in SS13 yesterday, as a:
-Blueshield (trying to rescue the Warden from the Supermatter. I got vaporized trying to recover his corpse.)
-Borg (Ran out of power killing crew, and got stuck in a fire)

Yes, I know I died, but the first death's RP was impressive. I dashed into a Supermatter Engine that was going critical, got slammed off a wall, and managed to grab the Warden when ZAS air-flow pushed me into the Supermatter Core, where I (And the warden) were instantly vaporized. It was glorious. I felt like a (stupid, dead) hero.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3080 on: August 16, 2014, 02:13:33 pm »

So, after this

Apparently, given a pair of easy-to-meet conditions*, crossbowmen can deal in excess of three thousand damage a shot. That proved to be enough damage to kill seventy percent of my army before I could breach the walls, starting with my only major shooters.

HoMM V.

*One: Dougal, Level Eighteen.
Two: Divine Strength, easily provided by nine inquisitors.

happened, I got a relatively narrow defeat, because of one thing: my six hundred spartans shieldguard killed 640 conscripts, 117 vindicators, 12 griffons, and two archangels. After walking through the moat and being temporarily blinded. Booyah.

Still HoMM V.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:20 pm »

In a fit of boredom, decided to boot up PAYDAY 2 again.

Ended up in a random pub group, on Overkill, on the original bank mission. Ended up stealthing the entire thing - picked off every guard, got all the civvies secured, broke through both doors, and picked every lock in the joint before running. Also discovered that shaped charges on the inner vault door will alert literally every unsecured civilian on the map... which thankfully was just one guy by that point.

Not a monstrous victory, but finding a pub group capable of that level of organization was really quite enjoyable.  :)

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 17, 2014, 08:57:02 pm »

So, after this

Apparently, given a pair of easy-to-meet conditions*, crossbowmen can deal in excess of three thousand damage a shot. That proved to be enough damage to kill seventy percent of my army before I could breach the walls, starting with my only major shooters.

HoMM V.

*One: Dougal, Level Eighteen.
Two: Divine Strength, easily provided by nine inquisitors.

happened, I got a relatively narrow defeat, because of one thing: my six hundred spartans shieldguard killed 640 conscripts, 117 vindicators, 12 griffons, and two archangels. After walking through the moat and being temporarily blinded. Booyah.

Still HoMM V.
If you're a HoMM V fan you gotta vote for Fortress in HoMM VII!

Last time i 'owned' was the recent free weekend of Nosgoth, I had never played it but since it was free it was full of new people like me! Was totally unkilled the first game, 10:0 as human and 8:0 as vampire! When i was humans i'd shout "KILL THE BLOODY ELVES!" and then when i was vampire i'd roar "CRUSH THE PUNY ELVES", improved joy significantly.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 19, 2014, 03:28:03 pm »

My first run through Portal 2 - I completed the entire game without dying a single time. I never saw any guides beforehand, either, but was going based on my experience from Portal 1 and my intuition. The tensest moment was diving haphazardly into that tiny little platform right before you get mashed by giant mashy spiky things.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: August 19, 2014, 04:18:57 pm »

Congratulations on playing the world's best game!

hmmm.  I liked one a lot, and two was fun . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: August 19, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

How did I last own?
By not downloading this fucking game. I'm so proud of myself.
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: August 19, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »

How did I last own?
It's actually a very fun, and deep game. u_u

I'm glad I didn't download it.
IT'S NOT FOR ME.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: August 19, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »

How did I last own?
It's actually a very fun, and deep game. u_u

I'm glad I didn't download it.
IT'S NOT FOR ME.
Deep in the piTS OF 'NOPE, FUCK THIS, I'M DONE *OLLIES OUTIE*' HELL, YOU MEAN.
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: August 19, 2014, 08:39:18 pm »

Beat up the horse head guy and placed the first crystal.

Suck it, horse head guy.

Zelda II
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: August 19, 2014, 08:59:59 pm »

One of the Squad's members walked into the Police Station with only a trench coat and a M4, and ruthlessly gunned down about ten cops. She didn't even get hit at all.

Shame she died on the way back to the safehouse but she did cause a police car to crash before dying.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 709