Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Let's Choose Trials of the Thief-Taker  (Read 18025 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose Trials of the Thief-Taker
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2017, 07:14:18 am »

Well, there's nothing left to ask her, and I want to find the truth, so I vote for 3.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2017, 10:52:42 am »

3 as well. We have information, Number 2.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2017, 05:04:17 pm »

You go to bring your conclusions to Mrs Prunella. She stands in the parlor, inspecting the mantelpiece for dust and wax-marks. Her sister Miss Featherbrook is sorting cards back into suit order at a table by the window.

"Well Mr Pike, can you give me any reason why I shouldn't take that sneaking maid to the magistrate this instant?"

1. Accuse the maid, Emily Thistle.
2. Accuse the cook, Margaret Smith.
3. Accuse the gardener, John Maundy.
4. Accuse Mrs Prunella herself.
5. Accuse the Reverend Prunella.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2017, 08:09:39 pm »

4:D
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2017, 08:32:36 pm »

Bwahahahaha. BWAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2017, 11:18:32 pm »

((Also seeking players for my new Choice of Rebels thread.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2017, 12:46:19 pm »

"I accuse you, Mrs Prunella, of hiding the goods yourself!"

The reverend's wife gasps, whilst her sister drops her hand of cards across the table.

"You wish to dismiss Miss Thistle, as you did your last maid, and have devised this theft as a scheme," you continue. "I will not be party to any false hanging."

"You dare come into my house and slander me when we are in our time of need! Out! Out with you!" cries Mrs Prunella. You gather your overcoat from the hook by the door and leave straight away.

Miss Featherbrook follows you out of the house. "That wasn't quite what I had in mind, Mr Pike. But I admire your conscionable stance. Please, take this for your trouble."

She passes you a crown piece. "Now let us be away from here. I do not like my sister's company when she is in one of these moods."

With Emily Thistle caught trying to hide money, you suspect the Prunellas might have her arrested for the theft. Miss Featherbrook accompanies you on your way back to the West End. "Some people just don't want to hear the truth," she says, looking out of the carriage window at the road that winds its way from the gardens and fine homes of Bermondsey to the bridge over into the greater city beyond. "Still, we can only do what we can!"

1. "I would have liked to have seen someone hang. There would have been some money in it!"
2. "Well, no harm done."
3. "Let us return to the Grey Swan and see the bottom of some glasses!"

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2017, 04:22:34 pm »

2. Time to be a passive-aggressive son of a bitch.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2017, 08:18:03 pm »

My game giveaway

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:07 pm »

She seems a charming lady. Let's buy her a drink!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2017, 03:15:05 pm »

"And I thought you were a man of substance!" jokes Miss Featherbrook, leaning over in the carriage and prodding you in the stomach. "Where's the fire in your belly?"

She may jest, but you suspect it might not always be so easy to turn a penny without anyone being hurt. The next time you see Miss Featherbrook is at the hanging. Once every six weeks there's a hanging fair in Tyburn Square. Tyburn is a small village separated from the rest of the city by a few fields. Hangings have been held here for hundreds of years, but the village itself is just a handful of dwellings surrounded by open countryside. In the middle of the main road that runs through the village is the Tyburn Tree: a horizontal wooden triangle supported by three great legs. It was made to support up to two dozen hangings at once and it's the first thing people see as they arrive into London. When you used to curry messages about the city, this was as far west as you'd travel.

You meet up with the tail end of the crowd that has been following the open cart of the condemned. Above their heads you can see the slowly moving platform pulled by two horses. Five people are in the cart. There's the executioner, who wrings his hands and ignores the crowd. There's a guard from the prison with a truncheon in hand. There's a thin man with a sickly pallor leaning against the handrail, out of his wits on laudanum. There's Emily Thistle, plainly dressed and staring at the gallows intensely. The final figure is the priest who reads the last sacrament. It's unlikely anyone can hear him over the roar of the crowd. The prison beadles beat a path through the throng, clearing the way for the cart to set itself under the scaffolding of the gallows.

The crowd is thick around the scaffolding, whilst the more well-to-do sorts have seats in the viewing stalls erected around the edge of the square. Miss Featherbrook is up in the stalls.

1. Get up close to the gallows.
2. Find a place in the stalls.
3. I'm fine watching from the back.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2017, 03:40:01 pm »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2017, 08:59:25 pm »

My game giveaway

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2017, 10:05:14 pm »

2. If you belong somewhere, go there; if you don't, act like it; nobody'll know the difference.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2018, 09:24:59 pm »

You approach the stalls, but as you move to take your place a pair of young squires, athletic and belligerent, bar you from coming up.

"It's three pennies," says one, holding out his hand.

1. Pay the money.
2. Try to negotiate.
3. Push the man out of the way.
4. Stay down with the crowds.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12