Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 612174 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T93: Recreational creation
« Reply #5625 on: January 18, 2015, 01:38:32 am »

So how does everyone like the race of sub servant farmers?

"...They aren't particularly interesting in any notable way. No real interesting skill or abilities. I feel they will likely be ignored, unless you manage to do something particularly interesting with them."

"Trust me, it's not. I think you of all people will love it."

"And Malakath continues to flirt with Azem. Anyone want to do play-by-play commentary?"

Being the greatest farmers ever isn't a particularly amazing skill?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: January 18, 2015, 01:39:33 am »

"Let's be honest, we all favor our own spheres, and thus, our own aligned races."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: January 18, 2015, 01:42:45 am »

((So do Ticks end whenever the GM rolls through and updates what needs be?))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: January 18, 2015, 01:44:11 am »

(Yup)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: January 18, 2015, 01:44:53 am »

Being the greatest farmers ever isn't a particularly amazing skill?

"In all honesty, I am not even sure what my races eat. Most the other Gods don't even know how my races eat, or that they eat in the first place. So...Yeah, farming isn't impressive to me."

((So do Ticks end whenever the GM rolls through and updates what needs be?))

(Once a day, usually whenever KJP can get to it. We used to have it on a twice-a-day schedule with a half ticks in the morning and full ticks at night, but it has been a little erratic lately.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: January 18, 2015, 01:47:18 am »

"By the way, please leave the godlings alone Fusil."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: January 18, 2015, 01:47:54 am »

Cyrix gives and audible hhmmph.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: January 18, 2015, 01:53:07 am »

"By the way, please leave the godlings alone Fusil."

"Leave them alone with you? That screams bad idea. You will corrupt them with your inaction. Besides, they need a guiding tentacle to help them find their place in this world."

(5 bullets says Yaos is coming back next turn...)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: January 18, 2015, 01:58:07 am »

"I added deathbell butterflies and Walking Deathbells to the Bestiary. I have not added Twilight-Borns and Desert....Things because I don't know what they are - only what they do. Are they spirits? Physical beings? Do they reproduce? How sapient are they? What are Desert Things actually called? I need more information if they're to be added."

(5 bullets says Yaos is coming back next turn...)
I'll take that bet. I'll also bet 5 Essence that he's not coming back next turn.

(Once a day, usually whenever KJP can get to it. We used to have it on a twice-a-day schedule with a half ticks in the morning and full ticks at night, but it has been a little very erratic lately for over a month.)
(Fixed.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: January 18, 2015, 02:00:48 am »

I'll take that bet. I'll also bet 5 Essence that he's not coming back next turn.

(You do realize that even if you are right I will end up shooting you? Five times, at that.)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: January 18, 2015, 02:53:00 am »

Azem grants the various scientific institutions that exist more advanceded knowledge of mathematics and engineering.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: January 18, 2015, 03:07:54 am »

(You do realize that even if you are right I will end up shooting you? Five times, at that.)

((So Fusil loses 5 or 10 Essence in total, and Malakath gets shot a bunch of times?))

((II APPROVE HEARTILY :P))

I believe I have gained a basic understanding of some of the less obvious tendencies of mortals, random chance(not you, Fortuna, unfortunately(godsdamnit that was not on purpose)), and the way the universe seems to work. By no means do I believe I will always or really expect to ever be accurate in this, however.

I can say, however, that I fear for your creations, Cyrix, as they seem likely to become enslaved, possibly to the Flagellants, quite easily. I think I will try to do what I can to protect them, if you will allow me to.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: January 18, 2015, 03:24:04 am »

I believe I have gained a basic understanding of some of the less obvious tendencies of mortals, random chance(not you, Fortuna, unfortunately(godsdamnit that was not on purpose)), and the way the universe seems to work. By no means do I believe I will always or really expect to ever be accurate in this, however.

I can say, however, that I fear for your creations, Cyrix, as they seem likely to become enslaved, possibly to the Flagellants, quite easily. I think I will try to do what I can to protect them, if you will allow me to.

"He may believe that, but as always, he is wrong. I am not sure anyone knows how mortals work, or random chance for that matter, and he doesn't know the simplest workings of many things (such as magic). No race has ever become enslaved as of yet, and I doubt your creations are in danger of that with you watching over them yourself."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: January 18, 2015, 03:32:07 am »

Really? Tell me, Fusil, how many systems of magic you've made again? And how you would be in any position to understand what I am or am not aware of? Or, indeed, how you are in any way more qualified to give advice than I, considering you've died at least once, suggesting you are rather bad at making decisions.

And if you don't think slavery has existed within the last 80+ ticks...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: January 18, 2015, 03:40:46 am »

Really? Tell me, Fusil, how many systems of magic you've made again? And how you would be in any position to understand what I am or am not aware of? Or, indeed, how you are in any way more qualified to give advice than I, considering you've died at least once, suggesting you are rather bad at making decisions.

And if you don't think slavery has existed within the last 80+ ticks...

"Two? Two systems of magic? The ones that use the actual understanding of magic? You wouldn't even have your system of I hadn't studied what magic was. I am capable of seeing your actions, and your actions have not shown any intimate or even cursory knowlage on either of the things you claim to know all about. I have died twice, and came back instantly each time, and I am still more powerful than you in every way including essence capacity. Considering I was unable to even move in one and had three Gods fight against me, I can hardly be blamed for a 'bad decision', and even if I was bad at making decisions that would be completely irrelevant to the conversation. Slavery may or may not exist, though entire races have not been enslaved. The fact that you seem to think it is so widespread does rather show you do not know how the mortals act. This is a world where a race made to torture considered uncomfortable pillows adequate to please the God of torture, I doubt they are capable of enslaving an entire race being watched by a God."

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 475