Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1189186 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 201 Combat for all
« Reply #6540 on: November 10, 2016, 07:09:11 pm »

Berius.

I knew I should have suspected you. Sapping my portal's mighty close to a declaration of a mage war. For now, I'll remain silent, but know that if Shias hadn't been defeated yet, your actions would have provoked me into entering the conflict on his side.
((I missed this because I was trying to figure out who Berius was.

Anyway, this is funny. Jase hasn't sapped the portal, and he has better things to do than continuously mess with your ritual. That's a time investment I could spend doing other stuff. And you're actually trying to claim a magical phenomenon on the map as your own. That by itself made me laugh. As for you joining the conflict, I'm sure I could find a use for the shards left by your corpse. You should be aware that if I wanted you dead, something would have happened by now. Jase has other things to concern himself with. But let me make it absolutely clear that if you become a nuisance to my interests or you threaten the Tower, Jase will end you.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 202 Half of gameplay missing
« Reply #6541 on: November 10, 2016, 07:12:01 pm »

Try to tackle him.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: November 10, 2016, 10:26:27 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Curses! No minion of mine should have such lopsided features!"

Riiiight. Doktor Diabolical attempts to magically fix the lopsided drone. Afterwards, he makes 2 essences and checks on the digger bot.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: November 11, 2016, 12:18:22 am »

"My luck seems to prevail, but I still need to find some material anchors for the ritual. This shall be a good starting place for my search."

Slowly search the room, checking if my presence affects something inside. If no major incident occurs - draft 4 essences while searching.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:32:34 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 201 Combat for all
« Reply #6544 on: November 11, 2016, 08:28:08 pm »

((What happened to the anti-violence aura here?))

Resume thinking or die trying.
((Sorry 'bout the incorrect essences.))
Converts bits of Shias to glass, leaving the glass attributes up to chance. Hope for a dangerous blend of types.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gambler threw another spell and Shias flesh turned hard and reflective. Then he moved a bit and the glass shattered, but not entirely. Some parts were akin to rubber, and glass shattered in a bunch of sharp needles and binds before diving into flesh beneath. There were few organs left for Shias that weren't pierced. But that would not be a problem for long as Viznor was still holding his head in his claws. Rather than try squeezing, Viznor grabbed his bow with his other pair of hands and fired an arrow through Shias throat at point blank range, piercing it through. By now Shias was bleeding enough to cover the floor under him completely, but he was still alive and Viznor blasted him with magic for it. This time bone melted into golden dust, leaving bone claws gripping soft brains beneath. The claws sunk in and Shias was no more.

{Shias is Dead}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: November 11, 2016, 08:53:32 pm »

Viznor slowly removes his claws from Shias' head.

"Once again, I find myself standing over a corpse. They make me fear for the future, though this death was undoubtedly just."

"The Druid has left eight shards, and there are two of you. If there are no objections, I will give each of you three shards, keep the remaining two and possessions for myself, and leave the body to the Tower. One of my allies desires the use of it."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: November 11, 2016, 09:12:10 pm »

"Well that was...Interesting."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: November 11, 2016, 11:04:34 pm »

"Guess I'll have to leave this for another day.." Khozek grumbles frustratedly.

Action PM'd
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: November 12, 2016, 02:01:23 am »

((I had plan to create modified sapling of Yggdrasil, which would produce massive amounts of sleep/hallucination pollen from my staff and use wind god's blessing to spread it all over the map. However I wasn't lucky enough with the ritual so I went looking for more power, and died trying.

Now, should I create new mage?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: November 12, 2016, 08:23:31 am »

(yes)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: November 12, 2016, 09:27:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now let's see if I can get my secret affinity.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 01:52:19 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: November 12, 2016, 09:29:27 am »

Interesting, a melee based character?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: November 12, 2016, 09:43:06 am »

Interesting, a melee based character?
I randomized points distribution.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: November 12, 2016, 03:37:05 pm »

4 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: November 12, 2016, 05:16:25 pm »

((I had plan to create modified sapling of Yggdrasil, which would produce massive amounts of sleep/hallucination pollen from my staff and use wind god's blessing to spread it all over the map. However I wasn't lucky enough with the ritual so I went looking for more power, and died trying.))

((Staff? What staff do you speak of? The one that Mr. Fist turned into a giant energy laser fired at you?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 506