Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101925 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2015, 12:28:16 am »

Why day 2 ? There nothing like a night in this game? Most action might already have been completed as far as I know(bar the kills ofcourse). So what would be the benefit of waiting till day 2 ?
It's all there in the OP, Varee. It's deep south, so the night may as well be instantaneous because it doesn't exist.
The only reason day 2 start matters is because there are queued actions that will all take place then.

I guess that the time when the kills are processed there will be a surge of new information, but the day 2 start will be a fresh chance for actions.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2015, 03:01:49 am »

Question list later. My first poist now ._. Sorry for that. Exams just finished and I'm all toasty and sizzling x_x

Tiruin: You have, in the past, been both a doctor and a vigilante in this game.  Which one did you find more interesting/enjoyable to play?
Actually I find the whole LIST very interesting and enjoyable. I relate my answer to an RPG where you create your own character to a standard skill set and a point pool.
There's a TON of potential and abilities, though I usually have a pattern in my playstyle of interacting powers--see before, my Vig-game had supporting powers and my Doc-game had also supporting powers to it; I find either very interesting to play though I can't daykill anyone now. Aww. especially given the variety of it all.
Excuse the strikethrough. That's me being silly.
Also nice to see you back playing!

Tiruin: What kind of cooperation would be effective between town members with different sets of roles?
Err, do you mean communication pre-game, or post-claim?
I don't think one can PM another here...other than the mason-ish power there.
However the cooperation I think to..see(?) would generally be like all games before; suspension of judgement and coordinated analysis.

Everyone Who would you most want, of the players in this game, to be on a scum team with you and why?
...Scum team 'with you'? Err. . .
*checks*
There's no Caz. :c
I'm...impartial, actually. I see potential in everyone generally, and everyone is awesome in their own special way.
If I was forced to pick--it'd be Shakerag because I like him despite him being grumpy and a bit pessimistic about the world at large.
...With totally no relation to the game whatsoever. Y'all are agreeable folks.

Everyone Who would you most want, of the players in this game, to be on a scum team with you and why?
Tiruin is often overlooked as scum for some reason, probably how friendly she tends to be. Shakerag is probably one of the most experienced players around. Either of them, if I was scum and could choose.
I'm totally scum :D
(Nah, there are very certain tells I make when I'm scum...the thing is locking them out and finding it. I'm friendly either way if town or scum!)

...Cutting it off here at the moment. Class calls x_x

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2015, 05:44:20 am »

"Let's call a temporary truce while we continue investigating," says one of the Mabbling Monks.

"That's exactly what a malificant would say!" cries the chorus.

"Uh, actually, don't they more say things like, 'by the bones of thy father I curse thee unto death'?"

"Well, traditionally..."

Deathsword -
4maskwolf
Peradon [1] - Deathsword
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy [1] - TheDarkStar
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar [2] - Hector13, 4maskwolf
Deus Asmoth
Persus13
No Lynch

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends in something like 60 hours. Any kills will be processed in a little under 14 hours time. You can hammer the 'no lynch' if you really want.

List of Active Masks
Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Cream, Purple, Pink, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

origamiscienceguy
Gosh dangit, I didn't realize I clicked modify instead of quote.
Well, try not to do it again. Go ahead and put the post back to how it was. If you can't remember, then just leave it.

4maskwolf
NQT: I can't believe I didn't think to ask you yet, but is there one scumteam or two?  That could make a huge difference in the game.
I've decided that that's not public information.

NQT: I can confirm that nothing was deleted or modified, merely added, although he should probably be given permission to edit out his accidental introduction to that particular post.
Thanks for vouching.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2015, 09:02:57 am »

Okay, it's back to the way it was.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2015, 10:02:31 am »

Wait, hector13 is voting TDS?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2015, 10:05:46 am »

Wait, hector13 is voting TDS?
So it is, so it is.  I didn't read the last votecount properly.

Where's flabort's vote?

4maskwolf
NQT: I can't believe I didn't think to ask you yet, but is there one scumteam or two?  That could make a huge difference in the game.
I've decided that that's not public information.
YOU BASTARD MOD :P

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2015, 10:14:58 am »

Also, Varee, while you tactical insight might be sound from an objective point of view (I don't know if it is, but it might be), you have to take into account the personal data that can be gained from a lynch.  Part of the Bay12Mafia metagame is analyzing the results of the lynch in the context of which it happens, and without that lynch a large part of the game (and to be quite honest, a large part of some people's fun (including mine)) will be removed.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2015, 11:39:30 am »

NQT:
Does the flavor imply actual in-game information?  As in, can you confirm that the flavor confirms that there is at least one third-party role in the game?

Also, it doesn't state as much in the rules, but do scumteam members know each other's mask colors?

flabort:
Shakerag Who would be an ideal scum partner for you? What is your favorite scent of color?
Who would be an ideal scum partner?  Someone who is never suspected as scum, I guess. 

I'll go with Kahlua brown as favorite scent of color. 

Varee:
Shakerag : What power would be the most useful to be distribute via networker?
I'll go with pardon, because you can sell it off for 5 or 10 points, and who doesn't love more points?

4maskwolf:
Shakerag: If you don't like games that seem to be clusterfucks, why did you sign up for this one?
Because I'm a masochist, obviously. 

origamiscienceguy:
Shakerag, varee, 4maskwolf: I haven't seen you play before, how many games have you all played?
A few.
Make sure you give NQT your actions before the deaths begin.
Deaths?  Do you have some information about deaths that are going to happen?

Peradon:
Very well then, how about the most usefull town power?
Jee-zus, Peradon, are your scumbuddies so bad that you have to ask everyone else how to come across as town?

Tiruin:
If I was forced to pick--it'd be Shakerag because I like him despite him being grumpy and a bit pessimistic about the world at large.
<insert tsundere response here>

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2015, 11:45:55 am »

Peradon:
Very well then, how about the most usefull town power?
Jee-zus, Peradon, are your scumbuddies so bad that you have to ask everyone else how to come across as town?
I'm fairly certain I wasnt asking how to act like town. How did you even get this from my post?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2015, 12:01:32 pm »

Shakerag, I can confirm that there is at least one 3rd party. I wanted to try them out so much I couldn't leave them out.

I communicate to scum almost exclusively through quicktopic, so starting mask colours and action results are common knowledge for scum team members. The only exceptions are Death PMs and invitations to join a private chat.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2015, 12:08:00 pm »

Nqt:If there is third party, that mean there only one scum team right?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2015, 12:44:08 pm »

Wait a second..

Shakerag, how the heck could you misunderstand both me and origami? Did you even read the context of either of those quotes, or are you simply trying to start a wagon?

Ok, I'm going to go analyse your posts now...

Spoiler: Shakerag Post Analysis (click to show/hide)
I really cant compair your posts to ones in other games because I havent been in any with you, but I would like to ask other people if this is a typical post for him?

FoS on Shakerag for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2015, 12:52:42 pm »

Erm, Peradon?

I'm not sure if you got the whole post analysis thing from me, but if you did, that's... not exactly how I use it.  I find post analysis to be good for pointing out trends in behavior and whatnot, and Shakerag doesn't have enough posts for it to be considered a trend.  Particularly since his first post was him bitching about the game, there really isn't enough evidence either way.  That said, if you did get it from me, I'm glad you consider my technique worth using as a model.

Shakerag... tends to play like that, I guess.  I've only played a couple of games with him, though, so take that with a grain of salt.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2015, 01:04:04 pm »

Varee
Nqt:If there is third party, that mean there only one scum team right?
That would be a faulty inference to make.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2015, 01:05:30 pm »

Erm, Peradon?

I'm not sure if you got the whole post analysis thing from me, but if you did, that's... not exactly how I use it.  I find post analysis to be good for pointing out trends in behavior and whatnot, and Shakerag doesn't have enough posts for it to be considered a trend.  Particularly since his first post was him bitching about the game, there really isn't enough evidence either way.  That said, if you did get it from me, I'm glad you consider my technique worth using as a model.

Shakerag... tends to play like that, I guess.  I've only played a couple of games with him, though, so take that with a grain of salt.
Oh.... Ok then...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 74