Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 543411 times)

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2505 on: October 17, 2012, 11:22:49 am »

Which reminds me, has anyone made a list on what can be created from Masterful Butchery? I know you can get things from salt hoppers, cave crabs, albino apes and chitinous pumas, but is there anything else out there?

All types of jerky for one. I looked through the ObjectBlueprints.XML file and found a few additional things available, including knollworm skulls (but they are fairly easy to find without butchery), electric snail shell (helmet I think), and some other items that I believe are for crafting only.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: November 18, 2012, 01:18:08 pm »

Okay, I have a problem. I just downloaded Caves of Qud, and when I open it, all the text boxes are blank. I can still go to different areas of the start menu, but never actually start the game. Anybody know what's happening?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: November 19, 2012, 03:19:15 am »

Not a clue. What OS are you playing it on? Try re-downloading it, might be some sort of corruption.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: December 10, 2012, 01:23:02 am »

meh, ive always got the furthest with dual dagger/pistol builds, for some reason.
I think it's because dual-wielding requires lots of agility, and that means never missing, and never missing means you're a hell of a lot more effective all the time.
Note that there are enemies in the late game who absolutely require either extremely high penetration or some sort of attack that ignores armor entirely if you want to hurt them.

Vibroblades can handle it, but make sure you get something or you'll be in trouble when you reach Bethesda Susa.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: December 10, 2012, 01:28:51 am »

I never live long enough to get any of these fancy new "cybernetics."

Can anyone give me a tiny spoiler about when they're available and what one of them may do? Can they compete with the epic power of good mutations? Do they work off of batteries (ugh)?
Spoilers ahoy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

handofluke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: December 23, 2012, 10:47:57 pm »

Hey everyone,
Unormal and I will be hosting a Hangout On Air for our new mobile roguelike/town sim hybrid in the works, Project Blockhead.

Join us on Saturday, Dec. 29th to check it out!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:55:12 pm by handofluke »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: December 25, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »

I never live long enough to get any of these fancy new "cybernetics."

Can anyone give me a tiny spoiler about when they're available and what one of them may do? Can they compete with the epic power of good mutations? Do they work off of batteries (ugh)?
Spoilers ahoy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's another hint:
X

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: December 26, 2012, 11:07:34 am »

I have always wanted to give a try to Caves of Qud but always forgot about it, so many good RL to play so little time :D.

But i just did today and i'm really impressed how good it is, currently running a mutated guy just completed 2 quests and reached level 4 and i have a lot of fun.

It's so good that it just went by itself right in my personnal top10 favorites RL , can't believe i didn't thought of playing this seriously before.

Congratulations to the dev, it's a masterpiece.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: December 28, 2012, 11:40:51 pm »

Yeah, really it's a very well done RL, and it's a lot of fun.  Only complaint I have is it kind of falls of during endgame,  there isn't really an end and eventually you just run out of stuff to do.

Can I request that someone posts the updates / patch notes to the game in this thread whenever there is a new release like someone used to do. 
I don't know if they are still working on it or what, but i haven't played this game in a while, and if there is a new release that adds a lot to the game I'd really consider playing it again.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: December 28, 2012, 11:44:25 pm »

Yeah, really it's a very well done RL, and it's a lot of fun.  Only complaint I have is it kind of falls of during endgame,  there isn't really an end and eventually you just run out of stuff to do.

Can I request that someone posts the updates / patch notes to the game in this thread whenever there is a new release like someone used to do. 
I don't know if they are still working on it or what, but i haven't played this game in a while, and if there is a new release that adds a lot to the game I'd really consider playing it again.

I always post them here, we've just been working on our mobile rogue-like the last several months.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: December 29, 2012, 02:55:22 pm »

We'll be doing our live stream in a few minutes; come join us in chat at http://www.freeholdgames.com

We'll post a recording of the hangout afterwards as well.

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: December 31, 2012, 03:52:43 pm »

Is it possible to make arrows?  I am -always- running out of ammo.

GoatSkinKiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: February 04, 2013, 05:55:26 pm »

I really enjoyed playing this a while back, always going True Human for my first ten or so characters. Finally had a good one going, and even managed to get up to level 17 before contracting glotrot.

I just recently started playing again, and I have been having enough of a blast to forgive the game for how annoying Glotrot is, although I am staying away from Gologtha for as long as humanly possible.

New character is a mutated human gunslinger with Precogniton, Pyrokinesis, and Time Dilation who picked up Wings and Force Bubble through random mutations. Really enjoying the survivability. Currently using twin carbide daggers for close range, and akimbo pistols for anything troublesome.

I had quite a few missteps while I was sorting this build out. The first three characters I tried died for really stupid reasons. The only one that really hurt was the one that lucked into some weird artifact=semi auto pistols really early.

So far, I've had some great fights with my evil clone, but the first one was the best. I was aimlessly wandering the salt, hoping for some XP in the form of Lairs, but finding a lot of nothing. My character sensed an evil presence, and it was showdown time. We took turns blasting at each other with fireballs before taking to the air for a slow motion John Woo gun battle.

I'm dreading running into him in any water-rich environment, though. I foresee steam death for everyone.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: March 05, 2013, 01:43:53 pm »

Aww man. This game hasn't been updated for awhile and I'm starting to get scared.... I think I'll get to play a new release of Dwarf Fortress before CoQ.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: March 05, 2013, 01:55:13 pm »

Aww man. This game hasn't been updated for awhile and I'm starting to get scared.... I think I'll get to play a new release of Dwarf Fortress before CoQ.

We're just plugging away on the new game.

We've got some social media going up, if you want to follow our progress:

www.freeholdgames.com
https://www.facebook.com/freeholdgames
(http://www.freeholdgames.com/index.php/caves-of-qud/)
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 250