Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 33694 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen and Balmora
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2017, 03:04:39 pm »

(Jeez louise, sorry for delays. On the plus side, I think we just need to finish up the caper in Seyda Neen and everyone will by synched up.)

People seem a lot friendlier out here in the boonies than Marcius remembers them to be.

What are those two doing? Does it seem like they're getting on well?

[3] "...yeah, hear you there, little mer. The Cyrodils are always out to get you, to wring you for everything you've got. That's why people like you and me have to live outside the law."

Bobs-In-Well couldn't think. Having his eyes burst sounded like a bad thing, though. If only he could think of how to fix that! Maybe... maybe he could KILL the juice out of his blood? Yes, that sounded like either the best or worst thing to do!

Exercise the toxic reaction out! Power-dance to the Mages Guild!

[4] You stumble your way through the bleary and indistinct lamp lights, until at last you find the eye that marks a Mages Guild and manage to find your way through a front door. There's an important looking lady, and you make some words at her, and she makes some words, and now you seem to be in a bed, quite sore from all that thrashing about on the way over to this place. But you're fairly sure you stopped thrashing about when you madethewordss....

"Safehouse-" Tyri found herself thinking out loud once more, but thanks to Taahni's words, her curiosity abated. "I'll show you Taahni; in the meantime what do we do other than rest?"

Ask the magical Imperial!

Caius opens up a small chest on a wall shelf and hands you a parchment. "Some bedtime reading. But do get plenty of rest, all of you. Now, I've got a perimeter to secure. Do get settled by the time I return." With that, he makes another hand movement, and rapidly begins to blend into the background until you can no longer see him. The front door opens and closes.

Spoiler: Parchment (click to show/hide)

Taahni looks at the hammock with a little bit of bewilderment, picks one up, and then asks Eetz and Tyri inquiringly "How does one set up one of these... things?"

Try and figure out how to set up the hammock

"Ah, yesss. Listen to this one, I have much knowledge in setting up such devices. Very popular where I come from. Can catch fish, or use as raft sail, or weave brush through and use as cover. Quite useful. Not as useful as towel. This one misses its towel, but I show you best way to set up hammock."

Eetz immediately began outlining a hexogram on the floor, so that the three hammocks could be set up in an overlapping pattern to make one giant, comfy, and extra springy bed for three!

Attempt to convince Taahni and Tyri to spoon in a group hammock.

With your help, at least two of the hammocks are now set up as a big group nest.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2017, 01:15:21 pm »

Tyri read the parchment twice until she spoke.

"I am very unfamiliar with these outside any context whatsoever," she said, getting that last hammock ready for comfiness. "Unless this is a safehouse detail of an armory of sorts. I have no idea why the weapons are only singular, and all those strange adjectives to describe the person."

((Try reading game stuff outside of the context of the game, and this is my reaction :P Fun thing is, it is my reaction. Because I don't got Morrowind))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2017, 02:24:05 pm »

Approach this lot!

"Well, that went a lot stranger than expected. How are you two doing in here?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2017, 02:53:39 pm »

Tyri read the parchment twice until she spoke.

"I am very unfamiliar with these outside any context whatsoever," she said, getting that last hammock ready for comfiness. "Unless this is a safehouse detail of an armory of sorts. I have no idea why the weapons are only singular, and all those strange adjectives to describe the person."

((Try reading game stuff outside of the context of the game, and this is my reaction :P Fun thing is, it is my reaction. Because I don't got Morrowind))

"Ah, ah, yes. Quite clever," Eetz said, tapping the parchment with a claw. "At first glance one might think it's a list of trainers, with the underlined headers being the cities they're located in and the latter information providing the trainer's exact address and the topics that trainer can teach, but this is not so. That information is illusion, smoke, mirror, red mudcrab."

Eetz waggled a claw dramatically and then began making light marks by licking the parchement in precise spots. "Ith crithtograthy," Eetz said, his tongue rapidly flicking in and out to strike specific letters.""Coded firtht mithon."

After he finished damping the important letters, Eetz settled back and recapped the message, adding in the necessary punctuation and spacing.

"Mission: King Yermama needs to die.
Pay, million gil.
 -Caius"

Eetz nodded in satisfaction and began cleaning his tongue. "Clearly, the blades wish us to become assassins, for good price."

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2017, 04:18:42 pm »

Taahni looks at the paper thoughtfully, then posits: "This one is interested in why all the listed people have locations, save Elone. Taahni does not know why such a detail would be left out. But Taahni may be somewhat distracted, as our first mission was, in fact, to get settled in before Caius gets back."
Help Tyri set up the hammock in the way Eetz specified

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2017, 02:56:29 am »

Tyri was dumbstruck. ((Also OOC dumbstruck))

"That is fairly far fetched Eetz, but it is also a very brilliant cipher. Although you say trainers? ...These are some very general names then. And Taahni has a good point too.

Maybe it'd be best to wait for Caius and then mention your finding, Eetz?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2017, 12:50:17 pm »

Gently get up, see if I'm well, go back to bed if not. If so, find the nice lady in front to ask about what happened!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2017, 12:52:18 pm »

Tyri was dumbstruck. ((Also OOC dumbstruck))

"That is fairly far fetched Eetz, but it is also a very brilliant cipher. Although you say trainers? ...These are some very general names then. And Taahni has a good point too.

Maybe it'd be best to wait for Caius and then mention your finding, Eetz?"

Eetz hissed in alarm. "No, no no. Don't you understand? He leaves, gives cipher. Plausible deniability. He'd never acknowledge the mission. We must find Yermama, and kill them, then we are rewarded by other channels."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2017, 10:47:01 pm »

"Oh. That legal aspect. Only knew that when I was sent into prison. It was very...strange to understand. That said, couldn't the King's name by any combination of all the other letters? I'm not that well versed in cryptography but I'd trust you anyway.

"How do you suppose we start?"

Err, examine this place -thoroughly-

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2017, 11:03:08 am »

(Things are really ramping up IRL. Midterms, unexpected kitten adoption. I'd really like to wrap up day 1 now, so HBM I'd like you to post a sequence of actions.)

Approach this lot!

"Well, that went a lot stranger than expected. How are you two doing in here?"

Fargoth waves. Tanisie looks up. "Well enough. Aren't you supposed to be waiting for me to bring the merchandise?"

Gently get up, see if I'm well, go back to bed if not. If so, find the nice lady in front to ask about what happened!

[2] Your body refuses to move. And this bed feels so good right now.

"Oh. That legal aspect. Only knew that when I was sent into prison. It was very...strange to understand. That said, couldn't the King's name by any combination of all the other letters? I'm not that well versed in cryptography but I'd trust you anyway.

"How do you suppose we start?"

Err, examine this place -thoroughly-

As the other two finish setting up, you look around a bit more. It really is a small, bare place, without even a lot of clutter. Aside from the footlocker and the little chest on the shelf (which are both locked), there's a book titled "War of the First Council" on the bedside table. Also, as spotted earlier, there is indeed a skooma pipe under the bed, and some moon sugar stashed in a wicker hamper (which seems to be devoid of laundry).
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2017, 11:14:19 am »

"Oh, right. Bit of a problem there, I'm afraid. Your friends ran into a bit of trouble out there, as it happens, and I'm pretty sure at least one of them got captured. Which means we've got to start moving all of this stuff you have here or else things will go real bad for the three of us in no time at all."

Convince this guard that we need to move out their goods quickly to avoid confiscation and incrimination, hopefully getting a grand tour of the things they've got stored around here and packing them up on a boat if they've got one. Try to get my hands on a key to the slave pens and bracers in the process.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2017, 11:17:49 am »

Tyri told everyone else what she saw, while deciding to pick the chest and check what's inside, knowing that she could lock it right back after, hoping that it wasn't magically locked!

"Is it agreed that we're bounty hunting in the morning? Everyone getting a good rest would be great. Dinner would be great too."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2017, 03:23:32 pm »

"Yes, Taahni agrees that our group should rest. Taahni thinks it may be late in the day for dinner."

Get in the hammock.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2017, 02:48:50 am »

((Kitten eeeeeeee))

Then snuggle in and get some well-deserved rest! Er, getting high off punches is sort of deserving, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2017, 01:23:07 pm »

Snuggle in a hammock with two girls like a boss.
---
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18