Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 34006 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen and Balmora
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2017, 07:50:46 pm »

(The PCs should all recognize each other's faces from the prison ship, unless they're the kind of people to forget such things after a short while.)
((Tyri was focused on how to cleverly pick those locks because she can, but among all the other prisoners, she didn't know she'd meet them again. It'll come later on :P))

Package Delivery!

"Although, if I may add, by the wording of the letter I hadn't expected a mage or sorceror to be the one needing these. I expected some kind of Imperial soldier or officer or something. And if I could speak for my colleagues, there's no worry about us doing anything to you. Enjoy your package sir?"

Uhh, speechcraft for good service rendered!
Also examine this nice place.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2017, 04:55:53 pm »

(So fair warning, I've got a weekend job for about 2 months and it's more tiring than expected. Might only be able to update Monday - Friday for next 6 weeks. Though maybe I'll adjust)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2017, 04:12:34 pm »

Get my package out and give it to Caius.
(Damnit *snickers* ...I blame Eetz)
(The PCs should all recognize each other's faces from the prison ship, unless they're the kind of people to forget such things after a short while.)
((Tyri was focused on how to cleverly pick those locks because she can, but among all the other prisoners, she didn't know she'd meet them again. It'll come later on :P))

Package Delivery!

"Although, if I may add, by the wording of the letter I hadn't expected a mage or sorceror to be the one needing these. I expected some kind of Imperial soldier or officer or something. And if I could speak for my colleagues, there's no worry about us doing anything to you. Enjoy your package sir?"

Uhh, speechcraft for good service rendered!
Also examine this nice place.

It's a rather humble one-room abode. The walls and ceiling are the same stony, beige surface as outside, though lined with wooden beams, which look like they were cut from some kind of vine rather than a tree. There are furnishings: a single bed, a footlocker, a little chest on a shelf, and two tables and chair. You think you see a skooma pipe stashed under the bed.

Caius opens the respective packages and quickly glances through them, then tosses them aside. They land neatly in a pile in a wicker basket. "Yes. Very interesting. So. It says here the Emperor wants me to make each of you Novices in the Blades. And that means you'll be following my orders. Are you ready to follow my orders?"

The realization that he was in trouble dawned slowly on Bobs-In-Well, like a rosy dawn that never got around to displaying an actual sun. His tongue stuck out and his eyes wandered apart in thought, making him look even more like a punching bag than he already was.

Just as they were upon him, he struck.

"Let's be friends!" he shouted abruptly, thrusting up the jug of sujamma he'd won from that legionnaire.

Alcohol-based diplomacy! If that fails just whollop them repeatedly with the jug, healing myself as necessary.

[6] One of the ruffians, surprised at the jug suddenly headed towards his face, raises his club reflexively to block. The jug shatters and the shards of pottery lacerate your hand! Ouch! The booze within stings as it runs over your cuts, and suddenly you start to feel really, really... strong! And... and... you try to cast a spell to heal your hand, but you can't quite remember how. There's a cloud over your thoughts, and a fire in your veins.

The elf overcomes his surprise. "Die, fetcher!" He raises his club to strike. You try to make another peace offering, but your awkward fist-bump containing what's left of the jug's handle connects with his chest and sends him flying backwards. You hear a whump! against the nearby city wall and smell blood.

"Vehk's shaft! Look at his eyes! They're fit to burst!"

"S'wit must've gotten some juice in his blood! He's getting a bad reaction!"

The middle one drops his lantern, and the two of them run over towards the darkness by the wall. You hear groans and dragging. "Let's get out of here!"

Your head hurts...

Marcius looks up, quite surprised that someone could screw up this badly. But of course, that just requires an adjustment of expectations.

"Hold up a second," he indicates at Melar.

"Come here," he says to Hrisskar and takes him off to the side, out of immediate earshot and whispers to him urgently. "Play along, I'm setting them up for a fall here - you pick them up and you get to be man of the hour, model Imperial citizen of the year. They're setting up a shipment of sugar out in the glades and they think you're in on it. You'll get paid a lot more than you'll find in there if you play along. But be on your guard around those two - if they lose their nerve, you know what to do. I'll hold on to Fargoth's stuff for now, they think it's their payment. Now talk back to me in a whisper for a moment, then go off for a moment so I can talk to them and assuage their suspicions."

I assume Fargoth's worldly wealth is in relatively small denominations, considering he's literally a commoner. That should make for a big-looking bag or mysterious chest of loot as I get it out.

Marcius then, provided Hrisskar complies, confers with Melar in relative secrecy.

"There's a problem. Seems like our friends want to renegotiate their cut. It looks like they're not going to be friends for very long. Take them out to the glades and make sure they don't make any more noise. You'll be well-compensated for your time. I'll get the money over to the hideout and deliver it to your associate, and we'll regroup there after you're done. I'll have to get in touch with some people vis a vis the rest of the sugar."

Cover the bases and hopefully plug at least half the leaks (we'll see which half, I suppose). If I manage to get free of these four, it's off to Addamasartus first thing. Gotta see what's happened in there. Keep an eye out for whether Fargoth got captured or not.

[3] "Alright," says Hrisskar, "But move quickly before the rest of the garrison takes notice."

[1] "No. I'll take him here and now, before he has the chance to lead us into a squad of his buddies." Before you can reply, Melar thrusts forth his hand, and a bolt of fire flies out and strikes Hrisskar in the back. By the brief flash of light on impact, you see a number of guards lurking between the lighthouse and the rest of town.

Hrisskar doesn't seem to have noticed, stumbling forward with the back of his armor all alight. That had to have hurt, but clearly not enough: the Nord whips around, seething. "Alright, you ash-faced piece of shit, if that's how you want to play!" He charges forth, and by light of his burning back you see the trooper who came with him also draw his weapon.

"You n'wah!" Mulvisie screams right next to you and throws something at the charging men.

A number of footsteps in heavy armor are clanking towards you at a rapid pace.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2017, 05:18:43 pm »

"Of course. What would you have Taahni do in service to the Emperor?"

Get orders

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2017, 05:20:34 pm »

((This kicks ass.))

"Now that's the spirit," Marcius mutters under his breath.

Duck and get away from the fighting. If at all possible or likely, get Fargoth's cash before skedaddling.

Then make myself scarce in the commotion and darkness. To Addamasartus if this works.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:09:08 pm by Harry Baldman »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2017, 01:27:52 pm »

Eetz was somewhat disappointed that Cosades had not commented on the fine quality of the face that he'd drawn on his package. Ah, well, he supposed a blade of the empire couldn't waste time admiring every unique work of heartfelt art that crossed his way.

"Orders are always good. Unless they do not have pay. Is apprentice like intern? This one was intern once. Terrible time. Sload soap everywhere."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2017, 05:56:14 pm »

"Of course. What would you have Taahni do in service to the Emperor?"

Get orders
Eetz was somewhat disappointed that Cosades had not commented on the fine quality of the face that he'd drawn on his package. Ah, well, he supposed a blade of the empire couldn't waste time admiring every unique work of heartfelt art that crossed his way.

"Orders are always good. Unless they do not have pay. Is apprentice like intern? This one was intern once. Terrible time. Sload soap everywhere."
(Damnit I forgot to react to that.)

Caius kicks open his footlooker and pulls out three bundles and unrolls them into hammocks. "Get these set up. I'll have your first real orders in the morning. Now, make yourselves comfortable, but don't touch my stuff. I need to go out and make sure the safehouse is still... secure." He picks up the packages and leafs through them again, then holds up the one brought by Eetz. "...Cute"

((This kicks ass.))

"Now that's the spirit," Marcius mutters under his breath.

Duck and get away from the fighting. If at all possible or likely, get Fargoth's cash before skedaddling.

Then make myself scarce in the commotion and darkness. To Addamasartus if this works.

[4] With everyone's attention on the fight, you pull the cloth sack out of the stump and slip off into the darkness. Following the lights from the Strider Port, you quickly make your way back to the smuggler's cave. [2] You find Fargoth and Tanisie sitting around the cooking fire in the antechamber.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »

Taahni looks at the hammock with a little bit of bewilderment, picks one up, and then asks Eetz and Tyri inquiringly "How does one set up one of these... things?"

Try and figure out how to set up the hammock

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2017, 08:33:53 pm »

(Damnit *snickers* ...I blame Eetz)
((I mean, that or Marcius is probably always a good bet.))

Bobs-In-Well couldn't think. Having his eyes burst sounded like a bad thing, though. If only he could think of how to fix that! Maybe... maybe he could KILL the juice out of his blood? Yes, that sounded like either the best or worst thing to do!

Exercise the toxic reaction out! Power-dance to the Mages Guild!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2017, 01:44:45 am »

People seem a lot friendlier out here in the boonies than Marcius remembers them to be.

What are those two doing? Does it seem like they're getting on well?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2017, 07:18:41 am »

"Safehouse-" Tyri found herself thinking out loud once more, but thanks to Taahni's words, her curiosity abated. "I'll show you Taahni; in the meantime what do we do other than rest?"

Ask the magical Imperial!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2017, 02:25:21 pm »

Taahni looks at the hammock with a little bit of bewilderment, picks one up, and then asks Eetz and Tyri inquiringly "How does one set up one of these... things?"

"Ah, yesss. Listen to this one, I have much knowledge in setting up such devices. Very popular where I come from. Can catch fish, or use as raft sail, or weave brush through and use as cover. Quite useful. Not as useful as towel. This one misses its towel, but I show you best way to set up hammock."

Eetz immediately began outlining a hexogram on the floor, so that the three hammocks could be set up in an overlapping pattern to make one giant, comfy, and extra springy bed for three!

Attempt to convince Taahni and Tyri to spoon in a group hammock.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2017, 06:36:50 pm »

(Not really sure what to do with that one, seems more like an RP thing. But I'll have that turn up either today or tomorrow. Work was p relentless this weekend I'm afraid.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2017, 09:55:11 pm »

"Ah, yesss. Listen to this one, I have much knowledge in setting up such devices. Very popular where I come from. Can catch fish, or use as raft sail, or weave brush through and use as cover. Quite useful. Not as useful as towel. This one misses its towel, but I show you best way to set up hammock."

Eetz immediately began outlining a hexogram on the floor, so that the three hammocks could be set up in an overlapping pattern to make one giant, comfy, and extra springy bed for three!

Attempt to convince Taahni and Tyri to spoon in a group hammock.
((I'MA ROLL for degree of response; Tyri says yes, but how she says yes is tested here. That said, this is good testing of my diplomacy system \o/))
[4]
"Or, we can follow Eetz. He makes sense. Although...this seems more like making an inverted tent too."
Get CONVINCED.

(Not really sure what to do with that one, seems more like an RP thing. But I'll have that turn up either today or tomorrow. Work was p relentless this weekend I'm afraid.)
((Happy 10+ hour workweek c: Hope working at a renaissance fair helps tons \o/))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2017, 09:58:13 pm »

(More like 18-20 hour workweekend. Anyways, I'll get the turn up in a couple hours or so when I muster some more energy.)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18