Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: I got a female and a male dragon  (Read 34660 times)

Washcloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I got a female and a male dragon
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »

This may be impossible for you to do, but i know that fire imp leather is fire resistant. Equip a dorf in full fire imp non-sense (hoods aswell, the works!) and then in a full set of steel armour (to further deter a firey doom). These dorfs will stand a much better chance of surviving long enough to help capture the dragons, although a mehtod to actually DO the capturing  is beyond me, Webbing may be your best bet, as i cant see a way to render the dragons unconsious with out severly maiming them/ killing them.

"My dwarves seem to have Terminal Party Syndrome; i can't get them to stop partying all of a sudden"- RCIX

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2012, 07:36:21 pm »

I'm about to make the first attempt in 5 minutes after meticolous planning
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »

Ill send you a few of my thieves for live bait. Use them wisely.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2012, 11:50:16 pm »

Can't wait to hear your results Simon! In the mother of all irony, as I was about to goto bed tonight, a forgotten beast male dragon popped onto my surface map. I got him trapped, but 4 babies, 2 pets, and about 5 adult dwarves all died from his fiery breath as he was one step away from springing the cage. It was tragic, but alas, dragons are worth the price. If I EVER see another one, and it happens to be female, I'll be sure to update you folks. Of course, by then, I'm sure some !!SCIENCE!! will have answered all of our questions.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2012, 12:10:48 am »

What do you mean by "forgotten beast male dragon"?

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2012, 12:12:41 am »

Sorry if that was unclear. I just mean it was a beast rampage. I always just classify any notable historical figure that appears on the surface (or in the caves) with an announcement a forgotten beast, which I guess isn't technically correct (although there's a place or two in the Wiki where dragons are marked also as forgotten beasts). Didn't mean to be confusing about it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:23:57 am by Walkaboutout »

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2012, 12:54:33 am »

Erm, I'd recommend when minecarts are in the game, To do this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:57:25 am by aaron32 »
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2012, 01:24:21 am »

Sorry if that was unclear. I just mean it was a beast rampage. I always just classify any notable historical figure that appears on the surface (or in the caves) with an announcement a forgotten beast, which I guess isn't technically correct (although there's a place or two in the Wiki where dragons are marked also as forgotten beasts). Didn't mean to be confusing about it.
Eh, terminology...  The proper term would be megabeast, which I believe forgotten beasts are a subcategory of.  I was envisioning an enormous firebreathing reptilian horror that crawled forth from the bowels of the earth to terrorize your fortress, which would be an awesome acquisition, but unbreedable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2012, 01:27:33 am »

Is... Is that a dragon pulling a minecart with a rope stuffed up it's ass/it's extremely rope-like phallus?

Sorry, I don't really mean to insult your artwork, but the first thing I saw was dragon intercourse, then dragon intercourse with a minecart, and it made me laugh. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2012, 01:48:02 am »

Clearly the rope (or more likely, chain) is attached to a grappling hook/other barbed device inserted into the dragon's cloaca.  this would be directly analogous to the ring in a bull's nose.  Dragons are dangerous enough (the slightest mishap results in out of control fire and melted dwarves) that extreme measures are called for when it comes to having your dragons under complete control, and I think dwarves are clever enough to figure out a trick like that.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2012, 01:58:43 am »

Is... Is that a dragon pulling a minecart with a rope stuffed up it's ass/it's extremely rope-like phallus?

Sorry, I don't really mean to insult your artwork, but the first thing I saw was dragon intercourse, then dragon intercourse with a minecart, and it made me laugh. :P
Nah, It's alright. I really derped up that picture.  :P
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2012, 12:25:31 pm »

Guys, reporting back. I'm sure I could have reduced the fort to 0 dwarves using current methods. We need some real dwarven ingenuinity here. I will post up the newest attempt.

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2012, 12:27:40 pm »

Eh, terminology...  The proper term would be megabeast, which I believe forgotten beasts are a subcategory of.  I was envisioning an enormous firebreathing reptilian horror that crawled forth from the bowels of the earth to terrorize your fortress, which would be an awesome acquisition, but unbreedable.

Oh der me, you're absolutely right. I must have been tired last night that my brain was not differentiating Megabeast and Forgotten Beast, haha.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 01:54:36 pm »

the plan is that the dragon triggers the pressure plate and drops down to the cage trap level

problem? woudl it be better to just have the pressure plate linked to a bridge? would the dragon fall down?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2012, 01:59:59 pm »

My embark responsible for attempting to capture these two dragons is suffering from serious morale problems. The ranger captain, a high master marksdwarf and the only dwarf available who has ever slain a dragon before, just went melancholy, being the third now to die of insanity after two failed artifacts. There have been food, booze, and bed shortages on and off for a year and I never made a dining room to calm their nerves. We have plenty of cages, but no mechanisms. My first attempt at trapping the beasts has been excavated and partly rigged, but I'm waiting on those dorfs with mechanics labor enabled. Food and drink is still in short supply.

If only runesmith were up to date...

Simon, the dragons will not trigger the pressure plate.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:02:05 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9