Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Custom reactions involving bones  (Read 3133 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom reactions involving bones
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 10:32:17 am »

It mmght be something like "11 bone=11 jobs=55 ammo," but I almost never use crossbows. Partly I can't be bothered with ammo, partly it seems dwarfier.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 12:32:46 pm »

ammo may be a good solution. I rarely use bone ammo btw - a stack of 11 bones will make 55 ammo then right?
It mmght be something like "11 bone=11 jobs=55 ammo," but I almost never use crossbows. Partly I can't be bothered with ammo, partly it seems dwarfier.

Add this ammo in and permit it in your entity

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BONE_CHUNK]
[NAME:(chunk):(chunks)] --- brackets make it look like "Human bone (chunk) [5]"
[CLASS:NULL] --- can be anything just as long as there are no ranged weapons that use it
[SIZE:20]

now you can make your block reaction that takes 5 of these "bone (chunks)"

I was disapointed when my reaction to take "5" bones wouldn't work when I had a stack of 12 :/ I toned it down to use "1" and that when I could use it. Dwarf grabbed stack of 12 and destroyed it all. Not even following the ratio rule, but everyother stackable item respects this.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 04:16:10 am »

Gonna try this out with chanks. I hope it is the solution we all was looking for.
Pages: 1 [2]