Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together v 2 OOC  (Read 4243 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together v 2 OOC
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2013, 03:38:52 pm »

Probably the biggest reason I haven't posted anything is that I don't get what's going on. Could we make some kind of timeline or something? I see the actions, yes, but it's like taking paragraphs out of a history textbook and making sure they're not with their context.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2013, 03:43:39 pm »

Timeline's in the first post of the play thread. Copypasted for your benefit;

Timeline:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You could just do something unrelated to any of this, like your own future Period. As long as it can somehow be linked to 'Oblivion'.

The thing is, 'taking paragraphs out of a history textbook and making sure they're not with their context' is... exactly how this game works. You're worldbuilding gradually, leaving plenty of empty spots and unexplained things to fill in later.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2013, 04:29:57 pm »

I understand that it's how the game works, I'm just saying that it's not always easy to comprehend what's happened.

I'll get something done.

EDIT: Huh, an event I thought I posted isn't on there. I'll go post it.

EDIT2: That was even better than I thought it would be!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:45:49 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2013, 04:55:56 pm »

Heh, there is actually a 3-turn posting deadline mandated by the quoted rules, whaddyaknow. That is, if we want to stick to it.

I guess it's Legacy phase now?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2013, 08:35:51 pm »

Legacy Phase?

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2013, 02:51:47 am »

The last player chooses something from one of the events to make it a legacy for more ages. (It seems I'm not the only one who got himself a copy)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2013, 10:55:36 am »

One player (the previous Lens, aka the current bottom of the turn order) can pick an element from the history generated during the previous Focus to remember to explore later on.

Last player? From what I can tell of the first post, it's the Lens of the last turn, aka you.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2013, 03:36:52 am »

I have to finish the Focus by writing another event or period, and then the last player has to choose a Legacy and write an event about it.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2013, 09:10:18 am »

Over three days have passed, so I'm moving this on. My time is at hand, muahaha.

The Focus of the second round is Betrayal. Don't we all love it? I don't think there's anything stopping y'all from posting, with the way we're bending the rules. Also, if anyone wants it, the Dying of the Light has several unwritten betrayin' Scenes, like the Torchbearer's capture.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2013, 11:15:19 am »

Sorry guys, I couldn't make it. I don't have a reliable Internet connection here, but I think I'l be able to make it this time.

PS: So now it's Hellhound's turn and then we all write our periods/events/scenes, without having to strictly follow the order, right?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2013, 11:48:13 am »

Err, well, we could still do your last things. I just wanted to fish this out of, what, the fifth page? Please do go on if you have any ideas.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2013, 08:39:53 am »

I think we'll better skip me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]