Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions that lead to Answers  (Read 1172 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions that lead to Answers
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:29:15 pm »

INT. DUSTY ROOM

A haze drift lazily from wall to wall, the dim interior is forboding and sinister.  Two figures sit, tense and hunched over from the cold in the room.  Both cloaked, neither speaks and neither moves to start a fire.  Their solemn wait, however, has come to an end.  Footsteps approach and a third has entered the room.  Her crisp voice giving direction to the motionless room.

VALE GORGENA
                                      How long have you two sat alone in the cold of this room?

No answer, silence.

VALE GORGENA (CONT’D)
                                                   (Sighing)
                                      I can’t give advise to those who don’t answer questions asked. 
                                      What problem do you both have than caused you to seek me?

Footsteps on stone, Vale moves to the table and sits between the two cloaked figures fearlessly.  Even this close and without a cloak the haze obscures her face.  Yet the silhouette shows a certain anticipation.  This is because, (as everyone in the room knows) she also has a part in this story.

VALE GORGENA (CONT’D)
                                      We may as well start from the beginning, how did it all start?

Answer the Questions.
This is a suggestion game written in script format.  Updates will be late at night.  This is both writing practice and (hopefully) an enjoyable part of my evening.  Have fun.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:53:45 pm by Qloos »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions that lead to Answers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:50:23 am »

I suppose it started with time. Time, and that lich. He meddled with things nobody could ever understand.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 07:39:49 am »

The usual way, I suppose. There was a woman.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 08:30:19 am »

Ah yes, the love of my life. She was my partner, back when I still working.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 10:06:56 am »

Work? Bah, who does that nowadays? What with all these adventurers prancing around plundering whatever they wish in the name of their so-called quests.
I do stuff, I guess

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 12:38:11 pm »

[Wait, answers don't actually lead to more questions, do they? I misunderstood this game.]
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:59:48 pm »

EXT. DUSTY ROOM

A strong wind blows past RYAN HOLD, with his back to the window he turns his head to peer with trepidation through the window.  Staring unseen upon the three, he trembles and gasps.  Forced to act, he rises.

INT. DUSTY ROOM

Ryan Hold walks into the room opposite Vale.  Stopping short, he takes a deep breath.  Afraid to enter the room he stands mere feet from the archway.  As Ryan raises an outstretched arm, Vale sits up wide eyed, staring fixedly at Ryan.

RYAN HOLD
                                      I always loved you, working together we carved out a path in this life.

VALE GORGENA
                                                   (sadly)
                                      But this choice you’re forcing me to make...

Vale shakes her head vehemently, stands, and knocks the chair from behind her in her haste to back up.  Regaining her composure she looks at Ryan again.

VALE GORGENA (CONT’D)
                                      What is the appeal of an eternal love in death?

A parting of the clouds casts a beam of moonlight in through the archway.  Ryan’s outstretch skeletal arm lowers again to his side.  His skull drops in despair.

RYAN HOLD (V.O.)
                                      You have no idea how much it makes me happy that you’ve moved on...

Skeletal Ryan raises his head.

RYAN HOLD (V.O.)
                                      ...But I...

Skeletal Ryan confidently steps forward.  The dry sound of his bones hitting stone is met by the two cloaked figures rising from their seat to stare Ryan down.  Vale Gorgena retreats to the far wall.

VALE GORGENA
                                                   (Under her breath)
                                      Who are you two?

RYAN HOLD
                                                   (Arrogantly)
                                      Although immortal, I’ve run out of time.  Two have appeared
                                      who could possibly take away what’s mine.  Unable to solve
                                      your own issues, you hide your faces from the one you love. 
                                      Struggling with your own vices you won’t even be a struggle for me.

As the tension builds, Vale reaches into her pocket.  Pulling out a crystal ball she closes her eyes.

VALE GORGENA (V.O.)
                                      How far back do I need to go to change this fate?

EXT. MARKETPLACE

Vale’s eyes open, sitting next to a city square fountain a multitude of busy people wander by.  Blinking she stares up to see a health looking Ryan looking at her smiling.

RYAN HOLD
                                                   (Amused)
                                      Napping?  It’s time to go to work you know.
                                      Vale quickly puts away the crystal ball she was holding.

VALE GORGENA
                                      ...Yeah... Where do we work again?

RYAN HOLD
                                                   (Laughing)
                                      You’re so forgetful.

[Wait, answers don't actually lead to more questions, do they? I misunderstood this game.]

Essentially, the questions are prompts for giving plot direction.  Maybe the title was misleading, think I should change it to a proper title now that we have a premise for the story?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:06:59 pm by Qloos »