Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Power &&& Pulse (3) OOC + Suggestions + Rules  (Read 7571 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power &&& Pulse (3) OOC + Suggestions + Rules
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2022, 01:16:24 am »

So wait we aren't supposed to do conditional actions?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2022, 01:18:56 am »

Just don't drive me insane with them or the game will end. That's the rule.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2022, 01:24:17 pm »

Come to think of it, the difficulty of setting up good conditionals is another reason people are all taking the "go first" perk - they get to react to what other people did with proper knowledge and without needing to use conditionals tied to blind guesses about what their opponents are doing. If you ban conditionals then those without "go first" are going to be forced to make blind mass guesses about what the hell is even going to be happening by the time their turn comes around. every single turn. which is an absolutely massive disadvantage.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2022, 12:07:19 pm »

Come to think of it, the difficulty of setting up good conditionals is another reason people are all taking the "go first" perk - they get to react to what other people did with proper knowledge and without needing to use conditionals tied to blind guesses about what their opponents are doing. If you ban conditionals then those without "go first" are going to be forced to make blind mass guesses about what the hell is even going to be happening by the time their turn comes around. every single turn. which is an absolutely massive disadvantage.
The reason i took the “go first” perk is because my character needs to to fast with most of their moves in order to execute his current plan. Without it, chances are his teammates would outspeed him and thusly leave his moves uncoordinated.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2022, 10:22:53 pm »

Hello in the interest of speed should I skip or auto blackpaladin for this turn?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2022, 02:28:37 am »

If his action is integral to what's happening I'd say auto it, but if it isn't then skip him.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2022, 02:32:06 am »

auto i think, with so few people involved in the conflict, every action by every person kinda matters.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2022, 04:47:06 am »

auto i think, with so few people involved in the conflict, every action by every person kinda matters.

Much as this is shooting in my own foot, yeah, too few players to justify skipping one. You could also consider having his team make an action? Then nobody can complain you gave him a bad auto action or that possible meta knowledge influenced your decision.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2022, 05:45:49 pm »

sorry didnt realize this was still alive
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2022, 10:58:16 pm »

So, you were thinking of restructuring? what did you have in mind?
Spoiler: Points (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2022, 11:10:35 pm »

1: No secret actions or turns. Character spoilers secret.
2: As suggested by syv, hidden actions can be sent via PM at the cost of one skullduggery point. Can post an action in thread so long as it's not directly contradictory.
3: Initiative rolled at the end of each turn and shown. Probably higher than 1d6 and modified by mobility stat.
4: Specific rules for delaying actions and darn conditionals.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2022, 11:30:13 pm »

And then probably another pass on the traits, probably ripping out ones I dislike. And finishing up powers.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2022, 04:02:20 am »

Do we have to make new characters when the new mission starts?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2022, 09:32:44 am »

If you died, which you did, you may play the same character with 'jr.' appended to their name or similar. Though I might remove some traits which means you should change those.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]