Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mørul the Insane Vampire  (Read 2663 times)

Egil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mørul the Insane Vampire
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:59:21 pm »

About four years ago a vampire came to my fortress. After a few cases of anemic dwarves showing up to work and one dead child I found the culprit, lured him into a small room on the tomb level and trapped him there.And after I while I kinda forgot about him, until just now when I checked in on him and realized that three years of misereable imprisonment has driven him stark raving mad.
Now he paces around in his tiny prison, alone, naked and gibbering. That I have so thoroughly broken this bloodsucker makes me all kinds of happy, but I'm wondering, will an insane vampire still feed on other dwarves? Cos if he's no longer a threat to anyone I want to release him back into the fort to serve as a warning to other night cratures that might want to infiltrate my home.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mørul the Insane Vampire
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:01:00 pm »

He'll kill himself if you release him. But no, they dont.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Egil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:08:59 pm »

Well since he's not melancholic but stark raving mad I don't think he will actively try to kill himself, he will probably get himself killed in due time though.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »

Vampires can't starve, can they?

If not, drop goblin prisoners in there, train him up?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »

Stark Raving Mad dorfs do not fight, I believe.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 03:00:43 pm »

They probably dodge and counterstrike, though. Get Morul started on badgers and stuff, then kobolds, then insane traders, etc. Work your way up. (Make sure the room is small enough, through.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Egil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 03:12:41 pm »

Insane dorfs will probably still defend themselves I guess. And he is still a vampire so he's in good physical condition, a training program does seem like more fun than my original plan. Think I'll try that.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 11:53:50 pm »

I lock all my vampires in a 24/7 danger room. I've even contemplated turning unwanted migrants into vampires just for quick and easy combat training without worrying about thirst or hunger, or main fortress tantrum spirals, considering they won't have met other dwarves first.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 03:38:00 am »

I lock all my vampires in a 24/7 danger room. I've even contemplated turning unwanted migrants into vampires just for quick and easy combat training without worrying about thirst or hunger, or main fortress tantrum spirals, considering they won't have met other dwarves first.

There's something about having an army of angry super soldier vampires locked deep down in a fortress waiting to be unleashed that makes me want to try that for myself.