Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Angelash: A Fallout Community Fort - We're back!  (Read 4723 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Angelash: A Fallout Community Fort
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 03:07:37 am »

Thanks, I reworked most of the stuff with the latests patches so there may be some small leftovers to fix in places which I could miss, but it's all easy to fix and won't be game breaking. I hope it was the last thing to fix :).

I can't wait to see the continuation of the Angelash.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 01:52:49 am »

Ooooh, ooh, can I be Dorfed Hoomaned? Preferably as a male ranged military Dood. I'll be fine with a male close ranged military dood, though. Hopefully he will eventually end up as some sort of B.O.S.-esque badass.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 04:10:10 am »

This episode brought to you by… Critikal

Welcome back, a cat using a can opener here and today we’re continuing on with Angelash, a Fallout fort you’re likely to end up calling Angleash sooner or later! We have added Deon to the units!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh for the love of Cthulhu’s Mother who is named Atheismo of Bethlehem.

Seems that all the main characters will be women. Fuck.

New rule that will be edited in!

Miners with more than five friends(Social connections) that aren’t other miners, they are to be moved to a more dignified job.

Ooooh, ooh, can I be Dorfed Hoomaned? Preferably as a male ranged military Dood. I'll be fine with a male close ranged military dood, though. Hopefully he will eventually end up as some sort of B.O.S.-esque badass.

We'll add you to the list, however currently we're waiting for a migrant wave to get at least some form of civilian infrastructure first.

Anyway, yeah. Time to hooman.

One seventy three. Janurary twenty second.

We’re not dead! I think we’re going to survive then! From this point on, I’m actually going to keep dates. Yay? Yay.

The local inventor… Deon she wants to be called, has begun spending a lot of her free time around the Chief Medical Officer. Infatuated by him. Can’t see why. He’s a doctor. Probably the most high risk job in a new colony due to having the life of a town on your shoulders. I think she’s doing it to keep him from being stressed. Regardless, someone finally tilled the farm area. We can grow some of our many seeds. Maize is boring, but I’m sure the cook can cook up something good with it. Koss also hit Deon on the head because of some disagreement.

Commander General KOSS' Journal

(FILL IN DATE HERE, ICEBRAIN)

Today, I noticed how bloody creepy that wiggly shit on the ground was, so I stabbed it repeatedly with a knife. It didn't do much, and one of the seven started laughing at me. Her name was...Deon, I think. Smashed her on the head, hard.
Also, can someone hurry up and make some damn floors? I hate getting TOO dirty.

The farm is going along nicely, something I am happy to see. No food and no booze equals no happiness from anyone. ANYONE. Oh, and Ice was (as usual) Screaming orders at everyone, telling them to haul their lazy asses and get to work, blah blah blah. SOMEONE needs to let off some steam, no?

Anyway, thanks for reading my journal. Bye!

Koss, I think you need to get a calendar. Maybe a dictionary. Bye! <3 Ice B. Laster

January 24th, 173.

I outlined some workshop sites. Mainly, a carpenter shop, a mechanic shop, and a workshop for Deon to express herself in the inventor’s arts… Oh and Deon got back from that examination for that rather… hard smash upside the head from Koss. She’s back and it’s fine. Just a bit of bruising.

Don’t worry Deon, in universe, nothing in game was affected

I talked to the farmer that went to work the field, and whaddya fucking know. They don’t know how to farm maize. Fuck. Well, fishing isn’t that hard right?

Anyway, I marked a site for a fishery.

A vein of various metal ores(scrap as the miners call it) grouped together. I told them to hold off on mining it for now and continue on building that mineshaft I ordered.

Oh and uh… I got kicked by Koss today. Bruises all over my arm. Fuck.

Twenty...Whatever Twenty Fourth, Of january. Probably.

I caught that little BITCH Ice, going through my things. And she was SPELL CHECKING MY JOURNALS. WHAT THE HELL. I asked her why, and she simply replied, "They were messy." So I kicked her. Repeatedally Repeatedly. God, like there isn't enough lack-of-privacy.

Deon was also sniffing around, but I realized she was just looking for her boyfriend. I think the name was...Eniss? Beniss? Penis...?

Probably not that last one.

AND ICICLE, IF YOU READ THIS AGAIN, LOOK BEHIND YOU.

Not when you’re sleeping~. <3 Ice B. Laster.

January 28th, 173

Guess what happened today!

One of the wood workers asked me out! Squeeee!

Bleh of BLEEEEEH. I'm too filled with laughter and vomit to care.

Ice found a lover. The steam finally found an engine. And get this: It's a woodworker. I think Icey will be the one working THAT WOOD, OOOOOH!
Oh, and life goes on as normal. I can feel Ice's eyes on me. She wants to correct this one BAAAD.

Well lads, I’ll leave you guys to await out next part.

Apologies for the length. I wanted to get something out.

See you at the same hooman place, same hooman time!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 03:32:14 pm »

Welcome back everyone, a potato without any pants and we’re back with Angelash.

No overtly interesting intro today, so let’s begin.

February 5th, 173.

Koss wanted me to plan out an armory, barracks, and offices for her and future squad leader. Honestly, I think I over planned, however future proofing is good. Past that, I marked out the area for a scrapyard. We have enough scrap clogging up our main stockpile, so having the space turned useful is great. Maybe we’ll find some medical supplies. I think I under planned on what we’ll need…

February 5th, 173 Addendum.

Fuck. Koss spotted these abominations to the south of us about three hours after I finished that last journal. I’ve gotten the civilians in, however I’m unsure if that’ll matter. The Robobrain, the Gutsy, and from what I can tell, our eyebots seem to be keeping them away from us.

ADDENDUM: Whoever reprogrammed those Eyebots deserves a medal. Those things are jumpy as all fuck and trying to reprogram them must be hell.

February 5th, 173.

I’ve been outlining an area for Ice, and she approved it. Soon, the armory, barracks, and offices for me and my squad leaders will be done. Excellent, no?

*scribbled, clearly hastily written*
Oh god. I’ve spotted something…Foul. Doesn’t look human, that’s for sure. Considering HOW FUCKING HUGE THEY ARE, I think Ice made a good move on making everyone stay inside.

Starting to want for migrants...This is getting stupid. Seven people isn’t enough for this shit! Our robots are only barely keeping them away.
End of log. Not gonna lie, this might be it. If they attack, I’m not sure we’ll ALL make it. Considering I’m the only one of us who can fight without using a SPOON as a weapon(I saw Deon doing it, wanted to smack) I’m pretty sure I’ll die first.

Bye.

February 5th 173 Addendum.

After the civvies went in, Koss left the room to go check on the situation. Our Gutsy was tearing into the centaurs and made quite a mess. That’ll be hell to clean up, but regardless, it’s useful as all hell.

If anything else comes up, there’ll be more… If that wasn’t obvious.

February 5th, new shit happened.

Well, hot damn. That gutsy of our proved that it’s a damn good soldier. I ran in to assist, but before I got near them, they were DEAD. DAMN. I patted the rustbucket, told it was good, and strolled off. Work to be done~

Bye.

February 13th, 173

Well, today I decided that eating fish and some of the random plants and meat we brought along was boring so I marked an area for a kitchen. Sure there isn’t a dedicated building for it -after all, we haven’t enough time to set up a stone quarry yet. I hope to do that within the year though- so it’s bare bones.

Feb.?.173.

Ice asked me how the housing should look today. I told her apartments, because I like apartments. I dunno. Oh, and I heard her going over documents, and suddenly realizing that we had breached the caverns already.

She is the woman leading us.

Dear God, we’re all going to die.

February 15, 173

Well, I feel stupid. I was informed sometime last week about breaching this big cavern we heard about from the scouting teams that the other guys before us had sent.

And I only remembered it.

I think I should lay off the drinks.

Eh.

March.15.173

Ooooooh, boy! We found a pre-war crate! Tech awaits us, and goddamn I want to tear that shit open. I wonder what we’ll find? Oh, and we’ve FINALLY got a goddamn armor stand and weapon rack. It’s about damn time my barracks started shaping up. Soon, I can start my goddamn training routine. It’ll keep my mind off how much living here SUCKS.

Bye.

March 15th, 173

The barracks now has the weapon rack and armor stand despite how in progress the room is. Hopefully when we’re done she can spend her time down there with her precious weapons.

April 20th, 173

After days of hard work and hauling, we have a primitive wall set up! It should keep things out and keep us in. Past that, we’re using up the excess sandstone doing this.

Don’t care of DON’T CARE

I’ve been feeling fucking awful, lately...A fever, methinks. And it’s probably because I was in a goddamn DUST STORM. Ice doesn’t know how to tell us that DUST STORMS ARE BAD, GO INSIDE. Bloody hell...I’m gonna go work. Hope I don’t die.

May 4th, 173

Okay, so I may have fucked up and forgot to ring the ‘OH GOD GET INSIDE MURDER DEATH MURDER’ alarm. Now half the people here are sick with fevers, Koss is threatening to toss me into the pond and let me sleep with the fishes and I’m just as sick as her.

Goddamnit.

This is just a bit of a filler if you can call it that.

I still am a bit... Paranoid? Whatever, paranoid about how I'm not putting enough pictures in. Lemme know if I don't put enough in~.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 10:32:52 am »

Could I have the next Cook/Brewer?

Name them Toll.

thankyou.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 11:16:00 am »

Could I have the next Cook/Brewer?

Name them Toll.

thankyou.

Heya Tallpanzer, long time no see.

Regardless, yeah I'll do that. We actually have one anyway and they're unclaimed so you get the first male of the name characters! Congrats!

:P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 03:26:52 pm »

poke
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 01:57:17 pm »

I will commandeer a short, strong human covered with black hair as a scavenger (trapper), inventor (Alchemist), mechanic and rifleman.
Named Everett Owen.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 03:01:28 am »

Hey everyone, a lazy human back from a long hiatus of uninterest here.

Toll, our second Brewer and Cook -as Deon was also the main cook and brewer :P- was named today! Congrats TALLPANZER. You now have the first male.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aaaaand Asea? You’ll get your guy as soon as possible! This is just what I had left before I went on that unofficial hiatus. Unsure if Koss is still interested or not. This Necro however might be a bit outdated compared to the other forts going on in DF 2014, but fuck it! We shall continue until I die horribly. Then maybe we’ll go to the version for DF 2014 :3

May 5th, 173

So the fevers were a small thing, however there are no at least six vultures flying around. I told Koss to fight them. She happily obliged.

May 5th, 173 Addendum.

Yaay. They left. Two of them were smashed by our borgs and such. Honestly, those things are annoying. Glad we’re done with them.

May 21st, 173

Migrants have been sighted on the horizons. Of course they may not be… They could be raid- Nope! Migrants! Yaaaaay. Goodie. Now to actually see what they can /do/…

Two gem setters… Why they’d take a useless profession is confusing. New jobs! Probably recruits… ANOTHER gem setter… With some weird glowing lizard as a pet… A spinner -more useful than those three-  A blacksmith -yay- with what seems to be an albino dog and a mr. gutsy. Joy!

A hunter as well… Interesting… A weaver… Metalsmith…

That’s all.

Interesting…

Regardless, they’ll be put to work soon enough. More hands to build what we need and such!.

May 23rd, 173

I’ve finally decided to plan out the work floor… Or at least some temporary arrangements… Also a barracks for the military or something like that… for sleeping.

Also a very large cistern and well thing because if we’re sieged or something by some raiders and such, at least we’ll have water. We can eat Koss first. But shhhhh. Don’t tell her I said that.

The miner has insisted we start digging up that scrap metal, especially after getting a blacksmith. I shrugged and told him to do that. Sooo that’s a thing now. Yay? The west wall is also coming along nicely… We’re going to have one whole side of protection! Yay!

June 3rd, 173

Woohoo. A chair. To do my office work in. Just a chair. Nothing else. Sure, I could ask for a table, but eh. My legs are good enough. Just something to actually sit on while I work is good enough for me. Hopefully, we’ll have a fully updated list for the stockpile records and some form of manager like delegation past word of mouth.

June 4th, 173

Koss and I screened the new guys and found two potential recruits.

Gnarkill Gaul, some self acclaimed badass, who, and I quote, ‘I am famous enough to have raiders ask for my autograph, and women name their vibrators after me.’ I think I’ll uh… Keep this Ghoul a bit of a ways from me… Eh. Probably just hit his head or anything. Koss tried to spar with him and he ended up messing up with both the crowbar and sledge hammer we gave him.

And a woman that called herself Dark Paladin. She uh…

Shows great potential I guess. In a relationship with the ghoul-... I just realized. What. The. Fuck. How goes that even… I mean… I’ll just… Get them a room first.

Oh this guy! His name is Beirus. God help me if I try and pronounce it. Regardless, he claims he was outcasted by the Brotherhood of Steel -is that bad?- and decided to join some random ass colony in the wasteland. Eh. Can’t blame him. At least we’re still alive… Says he’s good with rifles. Hope he can pull through.

Whatever date, not giving a shit at this point.

I’ve been ignoring my journals quite a lot lately, and I really don’t care. There’s two new recruits to the military-Goodie-And they’re in love. Or something. One is a Ghoul who I am already disliking, due to his...Cockiness. Who the fuck names a vibrator? And raiders won’t ask for your autograph. The closest thing you’ll get is one asking you very politely to write your own obituary.

Ciao.

June 5th, 173

Koss’ office is now complete. Yay? Probably. She’ll get her own private place first. Sigh. I’ll miss cuddling up to her for warmth in the night and her n-...

Now I sound like a creep.

Well, bad news if anything is that she will keep her horribly messy journals.

June 5th, 173.

We’ve got a new recruit. Yay. They call him...Beirus? I’ve heard he’s from the Brotherhood. I’m DEFINITELY going to ask him about it. I’ve always wanted to be part of the BoS...If only to try out that sexy, glorious armor. Anyway, he’s good with guns, and we found this gun for the bloke. I hope he doesn’t waste ammo. Or I will take it.

In other news, they FINALLY finished my goddamn office. It’s about time. I finally don’t have to get molested every night by Ice to stay warm because she’s creepy as fuck and once touched my-Nevermind.

I gave the gunner his own squad. He named it...Uh…Something about dominion? One of the soldiers in my squad gave me a name for us. The First Boat.

Why am I surrounded by idiots? WHY!?
Oh, and I heard Ice’s dogs were expecting puppies. I had a glorious image in my mind, with a giant gun strapped to one of them.

I think the wasteland is getting to me.

June 28th, 173

Puppies! She had them this morning!

They’re soooo tiny and cuuuute. I just wanna huggle them all day and not let go! I’m sure Koss’ll wanna make them into warpuppies and attach guns or something but they’re too cute to send them to war!

Oh and uh… the doctor told me two of them are boys and one is a girl.

July 12th, 173

More of those scary things. Hoooowever.

Good news! As soon as I got everyone in the emergency bunker thing we designated and had Koss and the others set up outside the bunker’s door… The Gutsy that the spinner said was attacked by them…

Came back.

Covered in blood… Playing some strange music. It let out a rather staticy line about communists or something. I couldn’t figure it out to be honest.

Koss pet it once again and it just floated all stoic like.

July 12th, 173 Addendum

Well. After a cursory glance… It seems the gutsy has earned its place here after what it’s taken damage wise.

Regardless… I think I’m gonna go take a nap. Too much excitement, eh?

Well, that was all guys! I can't really say anything witty as it's been so long, buuuut, I hope to be able to get more of this out, regardless of Koss' interest :P

EDIT: Well. Fuck.

When clearing out the massive fuckton of recycle bin data yesterday(at least 37 gigs o.o), I seemed to have fucking deleted Angelash. Sone of a bitch indeed. GUESS WE WILL BE DOING DF 2014 EH?

Unless Koss wants to try and salvage DF 2012 Fallout mod :P

Sorry :c
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 03:47:10 am by Iceblaster »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Angelash: A Fallout Community Fort - We're back!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 10:03:32 am »

We can always upgrade to being BoS.

But yah, Deon game up on the old version with 2014. New version tho!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Angelash: A Fallout Community Fort - We're back!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 10:07:14 am »

Hmm. Mayhap we'll begin again, with 2014...

Yes...Yes, expect that.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 [2]