Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beware the elephant!  (Read 1081 times)

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
Beware the elephant!
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:10:19 am »

Remember the time of Boatmurdered, when elephants were the bane of dwarves?

Remember thinking that these time were over?

Well, they're not...quite...over. Maybe for dwarves, but not for dragons.

I was going to post a screenshot until I noticed that I cannot upload things to here. Anyway, what happened was that a 49-year-old dragon, Ebbak Hotsparks the Glow of Taxing, with 10 notable and 9 other kills was terrorising the elf settlement of Blazedauthor during worldgen and struck down 5 notable and 5 non notable elves, tearing off Fira Knifepearls' lower front tooth, second finger right hand, right cheek and upper lip before killing her, and a leopard. Then, suddenly, Ebbak was "struck down by a elephant" (sic).

It just reminded me of the old days.

Notably, I could not find any dwarves still alive in the legends, though I did not look thoroughly.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:15:59 am by Urist Uristurister »
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beware the elephant!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:14:12 am »

It's a 49-year-old dragon. It should be around 1,5 tons, that is a bit more than 3 times smaller than an adult elephant.

Since legends mode does not simulate dragonfire, the elephant won.

Although i want elves to siege me on elephants. Or an elephant/young dragon fight. Really.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:42:14 am »

This makes me wonder if there's a way to spawn young or baby dragons in arena mode, just to test how things might go.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 09:54:39 am »

I was going to post a screenshot until I noticed that I cannot upload things to here.

Most forums are like that. That's a lot of data storage and bandwidth... your best bet is to toss it up on imgur or something and then link it here with IMG bbcode.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 10:28:26 am »

It's a lot of storage for anyone, but someone has to store it. I guess imgur just has much more storage.

It's a bit of a shame that legends does not feature dragon burnination. It would make dragons stronger and stop so many being killed during the early stages of worldgen - often most megabeasts are dead by only 200 years in. Fortunately that is not true in my world, which still has 7 megabeasts in the year 250.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 12:30:02 pm »

I have a 1062 year old world with 100+ megabeasts. Though, I did make 2k spawn at world gen.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.