Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Im a little ball of ideas.  (Read 5456 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Im a little ball of ideas.
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »

If females can get pregnant during prostitution, males should have a chance to impregnate their clients.

If they do, they will be asked to pay a hefty child support bill. If they do not, their babymama will go on a roaring rampage that destroys LCS property and kills several of it's members.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 10:10:24 pm »

If females can get pregnant during prostitution, males should have a chance to impregnate their clients.

If they do, they will be asked to pay a hefty child support bill. If they do not, their babymama will go on a roaring rampage that destroys LCS property and kills several of it's members.

Well don't forget dating you can have constant sex for a week as an option.

There are so many reasons why this suggestion is breaking appart.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 05:14:32 am »

I don't imagine I'd ever implement a pregnancy mechanic, since I don't think it really fits the tone of the game. However, if I did, I think the most natural place would be as a possible side-effect of the relationships that come out of using seduction to recruit people. These relationships are already tracked, and give passive seduction XP over time! With the prostitution mechanic, it's likely that multiple layers of birth control are used.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 07:51:09 am »

why not just have prostitutes catch STDS?
youd get a some dammage to a random stat till you cure it at the med center.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 11:34:51 am »

Thats a good idea to. So many of the ideas in the thread are just fr hurting LCS members :P
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 11:37:59 am »

Thats a good idea to. So many of the ideas in the thread are just fr hurting LCS members :P

Maybe we should also have rolls for heart attacks during sex and birds that give you the flu.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 01:43:02 pm »

Maybe we should also have rolls for heart attacks during sex and birds that give you the flu.
Heart attacks during sex? Well, that doesn't really happen to people unless they're really old. And you don't really get the Bird Flu from birds.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 03:00:03 pm »

Well I'd argue with you, since you are wrong in both cases interestingly enough, but it isn't that important as I was being facetious.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 04:12:53 am »

I think a nice idea would be to make the Liberal and Conservative parties not absolutely Elite Liberal and Arch-Conservative, but relatively more liberal/conservative on a dynamic list of issues (based on public interest and latest media reports).

For example, if the super-majority of the population supports legalization, then the Liberal Party would probably capitalize on this, while the Conservative Party would ignore the issue -- until the media publishes an appropriately-timed report on "why you should be scared of drugs" :(

Of course, the parties' concern about specific issues would increase the impact LCS attacks / CCS rampages (or CCS attacks / LCS rampages) do towards these issues. What could be the better gift to a Conservative Party wishing more guns than the LCS starting a shoot-out at a Corporate HQ (and accidentally shooting a moderate)?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »

Wow, nice mock-up. I'd think it was in the game like that already.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 06:14:15 am »

The issue though is that Arch is an extreme and not an ordinary political spectrum.

So normal Liberal and normal conservatism deserve their regular coloring.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 11:36:09 am »

Wow, nice mock-up. I'd think it was in the game like that already.
Thanks to aewan. It's a nice ASCII art editor which works somewhat like a text editor.

The issue though is that Arch is an extreme and not an ordinary political spectrum.

So normal Liberal and normal conservatism deserve their regular coloring.
Well, the point is that both parties' programs will change depending on the current policies. In a conservative nation, the liberal parties would take less radical positions (and conservative parties would take the more radical ones), vice versa for a liberal nation. A nice real-life example of that is how "center-left" policies in the US are considered centrist in Europe.

Probably an even more detailed option would be to show what exact views on what policies both parties have. For example, the Liberal Party would only attempt to move policies one or two steps left, while the Conservative Party would attempt to move policies one or two steps right. Presidential candidates' levels would be based on these options. That will make it harder to liberalize everything just in one election, as, in the conservative nation's example, the candidates would not be an Elite Liberal and a moderate, but a moderate (probably with some Liberal views) and an Arch-Conservative. Only then, when the parties would both move to the left, by the 2nd (or the 3rd) election, an Elite Liberal president could run.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:44:51 am by usr_share »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 02:27:16 pm »

A simpler implementation of that would be to make it so that candidate selection is based on the current laws rather then current opinions.  Right now if you fully liberalize the issues the candidates are L+ and M even if the laws are nearly all C+.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 12:33:29 am »

Ok I am sorry

I'll admit the reason I was mad at that suggestion was because of the petty reason that I REALLY hate the color you chose for conservatism.

What is that Moave?

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 03:09:49 am »

Well, I use the Tango color scheme on my console, so Magenta turns into Mauve for me. The other colors, though, look much nicer, at least to my eye.
Pages: 1 2 [3]