Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1005416 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5220 on: June 11, 2013, 08:45:26 pm »

CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS
He meant CE_NAUSEA

COMMOFDOOM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: June 11, 2013, 09:53:26 pm »

It would be interesting to see where the vomit would pile up. Determining which engraving or rotten food pile is the most appalling. Where bad thoughts frequently occur. Plus dwarves don't seem to mind everything being covered in fecal matter and urine because they don't even note it's presence or the activity of releasing it.

Can a custom workshop emit a material effecting nearby dwarves other than the worker? For example a statue that emits fumes of a material or syndrom or both.

Miasma can be modified?

Could a dwarf be given a syndrome that causes them to vomit when performing certain things. For example after drinking they vomit, or after viewing a pleasing picture.

I'm starting researching now but a quick answer from an experienced modder will save time. This can and will be done on a newly generated world.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »

Miasma can't be modified.

After drinking, yes (with SYN_INGESTED). After viewing a picture, no.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:23 am »

Materials can be given syndromes upon breathing, contact or drinking. Puddles will also affect creatures without boots when they walk over it.

Those can also be set to boil at room temperature and therefore cause inhaling effects to nearby creatures.

You can produce a boulder of this material in a workshop (range is a tad limited however). You can also have a living creature produce 'miasma' by secreting such boiling material or throwing it as a directed gas when 'greeting' an ally. Perhaps vomit is a material you can edit, you'll need to search for it in the raw files.

If a creature's meat has an ingested syndrome, that will work if a dwarf eat it. I think it is removed if cooked however. You can also give syndrome to drinks.

Likewise a creature can give a syndrome to another on sight through interaction. Even if the interaction is going backwards (it's the creature that see the dwarf, so the dwarf is sick), but ingame that will simulate a disgusting sight/smell.

However inanimate items and images will not have such effect. You cannot change the miasma from dead creatures too.

Hygiene have many positives effects to the game. This is a priority to me.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:32:36 am by Boltgun »

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: June 13, 2013, 01:23:53 am »

IS it possible to change color of stone wall/floor (maybe by changing layer stone) with ingame methods (reaction or something)? I'd like to have stone paint to make my fort colourful :)
like 1 stone boulder/block+booze = 10 units of paint.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5225 on: June 13, 2013, 01:26:29 am »

IS it possible to change color of stone wall/floor (maybe by changing layer stone) with ingame methods (reaction or something)? I'd like to have stone paint to make my fort colourful :)
like 1 stone boulder/block+booze = 10 units of paint.

Only way would be to make a special material that is every desired color "painted bricks" then have a reaction as you suggested (stone + color item = colored bricks) you'd then have to dig the walls out and build walls with your colored bricks in their place.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: June 13, 2013, 01:26:51 am »

I would have just said "no" :P

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:swag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: June 15, 2013, 12:13:01 am »

I was looking for a way to change the material of someone's blood into a different one, with an interaction. I have a transformation spell made, all I need to take the dwarf/elf body set and change the blood material. How should I go about changing the blood into either like a liquid fire, or a flaming liquid. Maybe magma. Trying to make my mages more !!FUN!!. I thank you in advance.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: June 15, 2013, 12:13:23 am »

You can't.

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: June 15, 2013, 10:20:36 am »

Hmm, that's too bad, maybe I can work with something else. How would you change the material of a body part, I was going for blood but I would deal with something else. Maybe change it to a gaseous blood or something. Thanks in advance

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: June 15, 2013, 10:46:52 am »

I was looking for a way to change the material of someone's blood into a different one, with an interaction. I have a transformation spell made, all I need to take the dwarf/elf body set and change the blood material. How should I go about changing the blood into either like a liquid fire, or a flaming liquid. Maybe magma. Trying to make my mages more !!FUN!!. I thank you in advance.
Perhaps you could transform the target into a creature that is identical to it, except for the fact that it has magma blood?
Mind you, this would heal your target of all its wounds, but that's hardly an issue when it's going to die immediately afterwards.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: June 15, 2013, 10:53:14 am »

Exactly what I was working on, but, unless I interpreted putnam's answer wrong, I believe it is impossible to do. I was wondering how to change the material of the blood, because I have not done any changes with the body materials at all, and I wanted to know how to alter the body materials.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: June 15, 2013, 03:02:19 pm »

You can't.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: June 16, 2013, 03:01:07 pm »

Exactly what I was working on, but, unless I interpreted putnam's answer wrong, I believe it is impossible to do. I was wondering how to change the material of the blood, because I have not done any changes with the body materials at all, and I wanted to know how to alter the body materials.

Perhaps adding castes to your creature to transform to will give you want you want... kind off.
As a general change-material-of-any-creature interaction, this is not possible.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: June 16, 2013, 03:28:44 pm »

You can't.
Did you program a bot to read modding questions and respond, "you can't"?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 544