Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002406 times)

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2012, 08:22:15 am »

DANGER! noob question incoming.

How do i make bronze colossi a playable race in adventure mode?

Easy, just make a civ with them as a creature type and have them [Indiv_playable]
----

Who here thinks we should make a thread that is just pretty much a place to post interactions we created, like a spellbook?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2012, 08:36:09 am »

Done. :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2012, 08:46:44 am »

Awesome!

now a question, is there a way to make a spell require an item? like say a wand or...in my current project, a laser rifle.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2012, 09:10:25 am »

Not that I can work out... :(

It's here by the way. :)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2012, 12:18:09 pm »

Hello Gents, a few questions...

1. How do I make humans keep certain interactions secret like the vampire interaction?

2. How do I make interactions have a chance of happening? Saying this doesn't work
      [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:PROB:#:name]

3. How do I make a creature weak to a certain kind of metal?

Any help is appreciated!

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2012, 12:26:04 pm »

Any idea, why custom wizards never ever take aprentices or write books?
Despite those tags being present?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2012, 12:46:37 pm »

Hello Gents, a few questions...

1. How do I make humans keep certain interactions secret like the vampire interaction?

2. How do I make interactions have a chance of happening? Saying this doesn't work

Any help is appreciated!

First 2 I don't know, but 3 is [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:GRASS_ENERGY:100:1]  Substitute the metal where GRASS_ENERGY is. That makes them (I think) 100x weaker- 10x weakness to Copper would be [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:COPPER:10:1] and 10x resistance to Copper would be [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:COPPER:1:10]

I arrived at that conclusion after making turtles resistant to adamantine, giving a human an adamantine warhammer and withdrawing into my shell- the human was completely unable to harm me. Making turtles weak to adamantine made the warhammer sever the shell in 2 blows.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2012, 12:53:09 pm »

Can't you define probability in the syndrome? Try that.

[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:SILVER:10:1]

I think this means silver is 10x more effective than any other material. Another handy token:

[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:2]

This halves the force of all blows to the creature, unless it's using a weapon of the specified material.

Also, I got Quietust's script to work. Here's some sample stuff in a more readable form.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems that there are no differences between each vampire, werebeast or mummy curse created during world gen, by the way. I guess that will come later.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2012, 01:03:07 pm »

Does anyone know how to stop yourself from dropping everything upon transformation?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2012, 01:16:46 pm »

Can anyone think of a way to make a creature polymorph after a certain amount of time? Something like a caterpillar that can turn into a butterfly- maybe a syndrome that takes a hella long time to kick in? Ideally the butterfly would lay eggs that turn into caterpillars, but one step at a time.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:12 pm »

Thanks for the help trees and Monk  :) .

Can't you define probability in the syndrome? Try that.

Here's an example raw.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but there are three syndromes attached, all of which should affect the creature if the interaction has taken place. Plus, they would still go berserk. I've turned bite (that's how the creature infects) to SECOND but that seems like a kludge way to do it and is still easy to detect in fortress mode.  :-\

Does anyone know how to stop yourself from dropping everything upon transformation?

I don't know for sure, but try to give the beast you're were-ing into the [GRASP] tag. (or hands)

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2012, 01:22:31 pm »

The creature I'm trying to turn into is almost identical to the one I'm starting with, but with different body materials and new spells.  It has all the same body parts (plus wings), [EQUIPS], [INTELLIGENT], and all those tags.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2012, 01:32:29 pm »

Interesting, sounds like something that might be hardcoded. Check to see if you can pick up the items and re equip them. If you can it's probably hardcoded.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

Yeah, I can pick them back up and re-equip them, but that sort of defeats the purpose of an emergency escape transformation.

Anyway, I have a new question, that's actually twofold:
1) In what form am I most likely to find milk in adventure mode?  In barrels?
2) How can I make a reaction require a specific creature's milk (cows' milk, for example) that's in a container (if a barrel is the most common milk container, then I'll use that)?

I'm working on a small mod, and I want to make what's basically a narcotic using a new creature's milk.  It'll require the milk, a new plant or two, and an empty flask, and it'll put the new substance (done as another new plant's drink form) in the flask.  Problem is, I don't really know how to do any of that.

EDIT: Okay, so I have this so far:

[REACTION:BREW_FLUFF_POTION]
   [NAME:brew fluff potion]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:container:1:FLASK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY]
      [NOT_IMPROVED]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [REAGENT:milk:1:
      [UNROTTEN]
   [REAGENT:milk container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:milk]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:HERB_VALLEY:PLANT]
   [PRODUCT:100:3:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POTION_FLUFF:DRINK]
   [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container]
   [SKILL:BREWING]

I just need the tags to specify that the milk is coming from [CREATURE:FLUFFBALL].  Within the fluffball's info, the milk is just LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK, but I don't know how to reference it outside of that for a reaction.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:20:31 pm by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2012, 02:22:06 pm »

Ok, I add to the questions in this thread. I want to make a reaction that turns intelligent dwarves into mindless golems.

Here we go:
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:golem]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:999999999]
            [CE:CREATURE:GOLEM:MALE]

I would add the syndrome to a boiling stone produced in a reaction (any better ideas ?) that also requires a lot of metal and some custom reagents. I would make several ones for different metal types. Is the tranformation unlimited ? This would be the goal. (again, any better ideas then 999999999 ?)
How does the creature react, is it a tame pet ?  hostile/friendly ? so many questions, so little time ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 544