Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002546 times)

mutant mell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »

Asking this again:

What parts of necromancers are still hardcoded?  I didn't see any tags for going off and forming their own side (towers), or that they have legions of undead as their minions.

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2012, 05:06:33 pm »

Another question:
Anyone figured out, how to make custom-made wizards take aprentices/write books?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2012, 05:09:11 pm »

Does anybody know the tag for happiness/unhappiness? I want a good rain that causes elation in its victims.
EDIT:Also, I'm trying to make affected creatures emit a syndrome that does the above(without changing the creature itself). Any ideas on how to do this?
Sorry for reposting, but I feel like many people's questions are being ignored.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »

There's no way to adjust happiness via a syndrome.

Another question:
Anyone figured out, how to make custom-made wizards take aprentices/write books?

Code: (from necromancer example) [Select]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_TEACHING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_death.txt]

If you already have that, try lowering the number of random secrets generated in advanced world parameters.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 18, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »

Does anybody know the tag for happiness/unhappiness? I want a good rain that causes elation in its victims.
EDIT:Also, I'm trying to make affected creatures emit a syndrome that does the above(without changing the creature itself). Any ideas on how to do this?
Sorry for reposting, but I feel like many people's questions are being ignored.
People aren't going to respond if they don't know the answer.
That said, there is no way to affect happiness.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 18, 2012, 05:22:54 pm »

To restate a previous unanswered question, does anyone know how can I make it so beings that are not humans or dwarfs will become necromancers with towers and such?
Soaplent green is goblins!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2012, 05:34:01 pm »

To restate a previous unanswered question, does anyone know how can I make it so beings that are not humans or dwarfs will become necromancers with towers and such?
As far as I can tell, they just have to be a member of a civilization with an active reason to seek immortality out.  Elves and goblins don't because they're already immortal.
The creatures/entity I modded in just do.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2012, 05:49:37 pm »

As far as I can tell, they just have to be a member of a civilization with an active reason to seek immortality out.  Elves and goblins don't because they're already immortal.
What about Kobolds? They have more need of immortality than anyone.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »

Well, knowing what tokens affect that would be very handy, i just went through the entity_default.txt and nothing noteworthy in dwarf or human jumped out...but elves can already be members of those civs, so i think it's in the creature def's.

Possibly it's [MAXAGE:XXX:YYY] - only dwarves, humans, kobolds (they live 1000 years!) have this defined out of the regular entity races. Also, kobolds have [CANLEARN] but not [INTELLIGENT]

Try setting [MAXAGE] for elves/goblins and [INTELLIGENT] for kobolds, see if you get necromancers of those races.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2012, 05:55:19 pm »

What about Kobolds? They have more need of immortality than anyone.
Kobolds don't have the implied CAN_SPEAK of INTELLIGENT, just UTTERANCES, which doesn't provision for a written language.  Ergo, they can't.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2012, 06:42:07 pm »

Possibly it's [MAXAGE:XXX:YYY] - only dwarves, humans, kobolds (they live 1000 years!) have this defined out of the regular entity races. Also, kobolds have [CANLEARN] but not [INTELLIGENT]
Actually kobold's have [MAXAGE:150:170] (same as a dwarf). Of course, since they are kobolds I doubt it matters much for their actual lifespan...

Anyway, I added [INTELLIGENT] to kobolds and replaced their [UTTERANCES] with [CAN_SPEAK], but still no towers.
There are also no noticalbe results from adding a MAXAGE to elves and goblins (though I did give them very long lifespans...)

[edit:]
In unrelated news, you can make immobile creatures and then have your dwarfs put them in a pasture, so turret creatures are possible.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:57:24 pm by EveryZig »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2012, 07:15:20 pm »

After some testing with secrets I've concluded that to make a tower and get apprentices (because they always go to the tower) the secret must give some way to animate the dead. I tried a bunch of duplicate necromancy secrets with and without the animation. I then put animation for secrets that didn't originally make towers or take apprentices. They did after adding it. To test further I gave them the ability for 1 tick to see if they'd build a tower anyway, and they didn't.
To conclude: For a Secret Learner to build a tower they must be able to animate (not resurrect) the dead.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2012, 07:23:06 pm »

Does anyone know how a dwarf with the interaction to raise the dead acts ? Will he activly run around in fortress mode, resurrecting your refuse stockpile? Will raised creatures be friendly, or do they keep their old alliances ? (goblin corpse = hostile, horse corpse = tame pet)  Of course you would remove the [OPPOSED TO LIFE] tag first.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »

Does anyone know how a dwarf with the interaction to raise the dead acts ? Will he activly run around in fortress mode, resurrecting your refuse stockpile? Will raised creatures be friendly, or do they keep their old alliances ? (goblin corpse = hostile, horse corpse = tame pet)  Of course you would remove the [OPPOSED TO LIFE] tag first.
Animated pets without OPPOSED_TO_LIFE are friendly but scare dwarves and dwarves scare them, same without NOT_LIVING. If they get true resurrection they move about perfectly fine (if they survive ten seconds). I saw a dwarf lose a pet to tragedy, and adopt that same pet once it was raised. Dwarfs also come back fine from true resurrection.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:00 pm »

DP For new content.

Seems I was too hasty to dismiss transformation upon resurrection as how to do it hit me like a storm after the above post.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:UDVRAISE]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:RESURRECT]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:1]
[CE:CREATURE:BIRD_CROW:MALE]
Seems to apply the change to the resurrected creature. I'd thought that the effect would have to be ADD_SYNDROME. I was wrong  :-[
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 544