Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002541 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2012, 11:26:30 pm »

Oh man, if it's a ratio, that means I've been making my super saiyans 4000 times stronger instead of the 40 times I was hoping for...

If so, I chuckle heartily. Try pitting a Saiyan in the arena against a fairly durable punching bag, and see how thoroughly you can pulp it. Then make it STRENGTH:4000:4000 and let the game run a while- if it's a delay, eventually the Saiyan will punch as strong as ever. If it is a ratio, then he'll be distinctly underwhelming.

It is entirely possible that it is a percentage/delay kinda thing, and completely separate from MATERIAL_WEAKNESS. But, maybe not.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:46 pm »

Does anyone know that are the "[IS_SECRET_GOAL:x]"? Are there any besides immortality?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2012, 11:34:30 pm »

Does anyone know that are the "[IS_SECRET_GOAL:x]"? Are there any besides immortality?

Footkerchief had a string dump, and in it, IMMORTALITY is the only one.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2012, 11:37:27 pm »

Would the tag still work, even if the secret didn't give them immortality?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:03 pm »

Probably. I'm pretty sure you don't need a goal.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2012, 11:41:07 pm »

Probably. I'm pretty sure you don't need a goal.

I place everything in the Interaction_secret file, right? I'm having a hard time wading through all this new information.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2012, 11:50:43 pm »

Also, how do FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION and FIT_FOR_ANIMATION work exactly? They look like they're supposed to be creature tags, but they don't appear on any creatures. I tried slapping CE_REMOVE_TAG:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION on the animation interaction, hoping it would keep the corpses from being animated a second time... didn't work, though.
It is FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION if it has an upperbody (really all it needs to be) and it is FIT_FOR_ANIMATION if it is connected to hands or a head.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »

Would it be possible to make a venom that changes an animal into a different animal, then after a set amount of time, change into something else?

Hm. Try making a syndrome that turns the animal into two different animals with two different lengths of time on       [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:#:END:#]  Maybe if the first entry is shorter than the last one, it'll start with the first one and then default to the second? Worth a try, anyhow.

Also, somebody with knowledge of how to wiki needs to get our collective knowledge of interactions and the new tokens up on the wiki now that it's unlocked. Mostly so I don't have to keep referring to this post

I've been doing some !!science!! on transformations.  If you want to make a transformation happen, followed immediately by a second one, you can set it up like this:
Code: [Select]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:30]
[CE:CREATURE:DOG:MALE]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:30:END:60]
[CE:CREATURE:CAT:MALE]

The start and end times can be anything you want, just as long as the end of the first and start of the second are the same value.  The second transformation can even be permanent.  And you can obviously replace dog and cat with whatever animals you want.

Everything I've discovered about transformations so far is compiled in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101538.0
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2012, 12:00:36 am »

Oh man, if it's a ratio, that means I've been making my super saiyans 4000 times stronger instead of the 40 times I was hoping for...

If so, I chuckle heartily. Try pitting a Saiyan in the arena against a fairly durable punching bag, and see how thoroughly you can pulp it. Then make it STRENGTH:4000:4000 and let the game run a while- if it's a delay, eventually the Saiyan will punch as strong as ever. If it is a ratio, then he'll be distinctly underwhelming.

It is entirely possible that it is a percentage/delay kinda thing, and completely separate from MATERIAL_WEAKNESS. But, maybe not.

It's not so; I tried making AGILITY 2:0, and it cut my test creature's agility by 1/50th. It's percentage based.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2012, 12:05:25 am »

Also, how do FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION and FIT_FOR_ANIMATION work exactly? They look like they're supposed to be creature tags, but they don't appear on any creatures. I tried slapping CE_REMOVE_TAG:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION on the animation interaction, hoping it would keep the corpses from being animated a second time... didn't work, though.
It is FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION if it has an upperbody (really all it needs to be) and it is FIT_FOR_ANIMATION if it is connected to hands or a head.

Ah, so we could prevent creatures from being animated a second time by transforming them into something without explicit hand or head body parts? Neat.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2012, 12:12:16 am »

Not a terribly important question but does anyone know what PERC and PERC_ON do (ie [CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:300:START:#:END:#])?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2012, 12:24:17 am »

Would it be possible to make a venom that changes an animal into a different animal, then after a set amount of time, change into something else?

Hm. Try making a syndrome that turns the animal into two different animals with two different lengths of time on       [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:#:END:#]  Maybe if the first entry is shorter than the last one, it'll start with the first one and then default to the second? Worth a try, anyhow.

Also, somebody with knowledge of how to wiki needs to get our collective knowledge of interactions and the new tokens up on the wiki now that it's unlocked. Mostly so I don't have to keep referring to this post

I've been doing some !!science!! on transformations.  If you want to make a transformation happen, followed immediately by a second one, you can set it up like this:

The start and end times can be anything you want, just as long as the end of the first and start of the second are the same value.  The second transformation can even be permanent.  And you can obviously replace dog and cat with whatever animals you want.

Everything I've discovered about transformations so far is compiled in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101538.0

Way cool, and a hell of a first post! I think I can use that for my caterpillar problem, although there is still the issue of keeping the caterpillar from being able to transform immediately after birth/spawn.

It's not so; I tried making AGILITY 2:0, and it cut my test creature's agility by 1/50th. It's percentage based.

Well, nuts, now I have to double-check my methodology on the MATERIAL_WEAKNESS. Did you check to see if altering the second variable induced a delay, or do we still not know exactly what that does?

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2012, 12:29:25 am »

Way cool, and a hell of a first post! I think I can use that for my caterpillar problem, although there is still the issue of keeping the caterpillar from being able to transform immediately after birth/spawn.

Thanks! I've been lurking a while, but all this new information I've discovered made me decide to sign up and post.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 19, 2012, 12:35:01 am »

The code said
which seems to mean that you can delay the first transformation by editing its START:# value.

If that does not work, you could have two delayed transformations by actually having three transformations, with the creature originally born as an egg or something which immediately transforms into your first intended form.

Soaplent green is goblins!

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2012, 12:47:37 am »

The code said
which seems to mean that you can delay the first transformation by editing its START:# value.

If that does not work, you could have two delayed transformations by actually having three transformations, with the creature originally born as an egg or something which immediately transforms into your first intended form.
Yes, if you edit the tags to something like START:100:END:200 and START:200:END:300, it would have a 100 time-unit delay before the first transformation.  I don't know how long a time unit is, exactly, so you'll have to do some testing to find out good values.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 544